It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Ive honestly seen about 5 advertisements today that feature UFO's and flying discs in them...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has noticed this but for some reason Ive been seeing a ton of adds across the web featuring disc shaped craft and other UFO's in them. It also seems like more movies are about aliens and UFO's now.

Could this be a sign that the government is trying to ease the public into disclosure?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Could be about disclosure. But why would they use TV Adverts and Films to disclose something. If they want us to know something they will tell us upfront and provide support for it!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shade
Could be about disclosure. But why would they use TV Adverts and Films to disclose something. If they want us to know something they will tell us upfront and provide support for it!

Support... From our government?

I think they're probably trying to ease us into it, to make the unknown and potentially frightening seem as normal as a... well a mailbox?

There are ultra religious people out there who think they're God's most precious (and them only) who will probably drop dead the minute they see a 9000 mile long spaceship or a 12 foot tall extraterrestrial who looks like a Praying Mantis.

That, or they will marvel at God's creations instead of dropping dead like frightened rabbits.

That's the problem with the Brookings report. It's either right or wrong.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Indoctrination, it's been going on since the late 90s.

X-Files, Simpsons, all of that.

Fact is, everyone with a right mind knows craft from this planet or elsewhere, that operate beyond the force of gravity exist, and have been seen here on this planet, and are impossible to be of nature of a weather balloon, or flying purple giraffe(see signature.)

Bottom line I shopped for my little brothers birthday, and found the perfect toy.

A space shuttle, with a alien sauscer, all in one package. =D

Also, it'd be nice if you named off the commercials! =)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

There using subliminal messages, although you are aware of several ads but in whole you have no idea, its directed to your subconscious and when the time comes to reveal everything, you wont freak out about your religious beliefs or moral beliefs.

Your most likely to say....oh cool finally disclosure.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There is another post some what like this, about how the movies "Men In Black" and "Independence Day" are ALWAYS on tv and how this could possibly be conditioning.

Possibly this is very similiar.
Get you so use to something, so desensitized to something that when it comes to light or happens it wont be a shock.

Like I said in the other thread the other day I walked into my room and there was a news report on the TV about a "new strain of flu" and I thought it was just a news report on the swine flu, it was actually the movie "The Invasion" sometimes it's really strange how close the media depicts real life events that are about the happen, kind of like an inside joke that the masses are left out of.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
"Could this be a sign that the government is trying to ease the public into disclosure? "

An alternate and more cynical explanation is that advertising agencies use 'UFO themes' because they know that people attracted to them are credulous cretins who will believe any pap shoveled into their brains on the UFO subject, or piggy-backing on that theme. And it strikes me as a not unreasonable theory.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

Yeah, sure they will! They will not induce panic, and panic would come if they just came out with everything. Better to bring us to it slowly with hints here and there, and movies that tell a story within a story. Some of us are aware of the alien threat, but most are not. The whole truth will be a horrible tale to hear, and the complete downfall of organised religion would insure. Nobody would go to work, services would go down, panic would come and people would lose their minds in some cases.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Many internet sites gear their advertising to individuals based on their browsing history. If you spend a lot of time browsing about ufos and aliens, you are going to see a lot more ads about ufos and aliens.

It's just standard advertising practices.

In addition to contextual targeting, online advertising can be targeted based on a user's past clickstream. For example, if a user is known to have recently visited a number of automotive shopping / comparison sites based on clickstream analysis enabled by cookies stored on the user's computer, that user can then be served auto-related ads when they visit other, non-automotive sites.

Behaviorial advertising

[edit on 10-5-2009 by sensfan]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Indeed you are absolutely correct, i am not sure if this site uses the cookies in the way i use them for one of my site, were i can see form which site or search engine the viewers have come from or have toured through.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Either way it is not a bad thing to see more visibility. It is possible that with new DSLRs that can video in stunning HD quality they know it is only a matter of time before the smoking gun video arrives. The days of shaky pixly video is at an end. Such video was easy to label as bunk. I would say within 5yrs most consumers will have the ability to do 500x zooms into the sky filming UFOs at full HD or quad HD.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by contemplator]

new topics

top topics

join