It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican "virtual fence" work resumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

In announcing the resumption of a "virtual fence" on the U.S.-Mexican border yesterday, the Obama administration sent a powerful message of continuity with President George W. Bush, who included a pledge to secure the border as part of a 2006 effort to persuade Congress to overhaul the nation's immigration laws.

source

This is one of the few things started by the Bush administration and continued by the Obama administration that i actually think is good. Illegal immigration is a real problem and if this will help to curb the influx of illegals, then it's okay with me.

What i don't like about it is the potential for this technology to be abused. Would TPTB use this against American citizens as well as illegal immigrants? How long is it going to be until we're all contained within "virtual fences?"

TA

edit to fix the title

[edit on 9-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
virtual fence
-mexican swine flu

could it be the same thing you wonder?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but one could have something to do with the other. Perhaps the flu situation is worse down there than they are telling us. Thanks for the reply, post starred.

TA

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
90% of the sensor reading they are getting with the virtual fence they have already installed so far have been false alarms and 60% they have never even checked out.

The coyotes already know how to set off the sensors and do so in areas to cover there runs across in other areas.

They also know how to flood areas and overload the ability of the border patrol to respond.

This virtual fence will never stop the illegals but may only slow them down by a few %.

top topics

join