It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming Water Wars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When I was just starting out as a adult I worked drilling water wells for a few months.

At the end of the week the boss would send me to the Bureau of Water (Florida). I would have paperwork for all the new wells we drilled along with GPS coordinates of each well, there was also a form that had a federal agency header on it (can't remember which one) with the GPS coordinates of all wells we drilled. I always wondered why the state and federal government needed to know the exact location of every water well in Florida.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Since the legislation of Colorado's that I read was dealing specifically with capturing rainwater that would otherwise go into the aquifer and watershed, I'd guess that using such devices would be allowable there. The problem I see with such machines is the cost of using them. Many of us don't think about our water costs -- they're just a bill we pay.

Here, those that buy water pay about 2 cents a gallon, produced by a r/o plant that uses well water, and our prices are generally higher that the U.S. The cost of production of the machines on your link were upward of $0.20 per gallon. One thing's for certain...... using one of these things might cause a person to be more careful about their water usage.

We try to not waste any of it. What goes out of this house as gray water (dishes, clotheswasher) goes directly to water fruit and other trees. Only thing that is wasted is water in the toilet, and even that is set very low.

Just as an experiment, ask yourself or others how much water they think they consume or use in a day. Then go back and actually keep track. Most people are surprised. We're frugal, and the two of us probably use close to 20 gallons/day.

cheers and thanks for the informative link

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonkoTheSane
Anyone seen the classic 'Ice Pirates'?
'Got any.... water?'

Great campy 80's flick!

Also reminds me of Tank Girl, Water & Power

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Related story to the OP, is the following, titled: Water Crisis in Mexico Portends the Same for the U.S. www.newswithviews.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Everyone should invest in Desalination pumps and live by the ocean. Isn't like 75% of the planet water? If you can desalinate it (that means take the salt out, something that our country and many others like Saudi Arabia already do with ease) then you can drink it and there will be no water problem.

Don't let them fool you! There is no water shortage!

Desalination is the ANSWER

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wow. Glad i live in Michigan where fresh water is abundant. If all else failed I would make the drive to one of our many great lakes. fill up barrels of water, bring it back to my house and filter, boil, clean it up so it's drinkable.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Are you #ing kidding me? Water is free, it falls from the sky. If you run out, sunlight is free, you can boil the oceans! For god's sake, what a load of BS. Straight from the mouth of the enviromarxist AGW carbon tax lobby.

Anyone who believes water shouldn't be in the hands of private citizens and companies needs their head examined. Yes, read that again. Government control is BAD. The bad people control the government, thus whatever the government controls will be used to control you.

Repeat:
Public ownership = cartel / fascist government enforced monopoly ownership.
Private ownership = legitimate ownership.

God help anyone who is sucked into such obvious propaganda.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Add peak oil, soil erosion, overfishing, overgrazing, dead zones in the oceans, poison on the land. We really are speeding up towards "Soylent Green"

Yandros, calculate how much energy you need to get water from the oceans to maintain life as we have it now. If the land is a desert - less and less rain.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by pai mei]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Here's a great article on desalination of salt water. It takes a lot of energy, but with solar and wind and improvements in reverse osmosis technology this looks to be the solution to any fresh water shortages.

The Economist

About 70% of the planet is covered by water, approximately 97% undrinkable because it is too salty. Of course, reverse osmosis takes care of that problem, and with global warming melting the ice in the polar regions, there will be PLENTY of water for all.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Add peak oil, soil erosion, overfishing, overgrazing, dead zones in the oceans, poison on the land. We really are speeding up towards "Soylent Green"

Peak oil: Economics 101. As supply diminishes price goes up. As price goes up demand for alternatives rise. As alternatives become more feasible new infrastructure is built and the alternative fuels come into mainstream production. This is how the world moved from whale oil to kerosene to gasoline. Peak oil is a fallacy.

Soil erosion, overfishing, overgrazing, dead zones in the oceans, poison on the land: The landscape constantly changes, the earth is very old. Overfishing and overgrazing are again simple economic problems. 'The tragedy of the commons". The solution is to allow private property in grasslands and the ocean.

In most respects the environment is getting better, not worse, and has been for half a century. The number one cause of pollution is poverty. The number one cause of poverty is government. Abolish government, and bring in the free market then people will have enough to eat and enough disposable income to be environmentally conscious. This is why Africa is dirty and #ty, and your suburb is nice and clean.

Yandros, calculate how much energy you need to get water from the oceans to maintain life as we have it now. If the land is a desert - less and less rain.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by pai mei]

en.wikipedia.org...
It's honestly not a problem. Again it comes down to economics. If water becomes scarce then its price goes up. If its price goes up then entrepreneurs have more incentive to go find new sources of fresh water. If they run out of sources then they develop technology to convert existing sources into fresh water. If these technologies are very costly then this pushes water prices even higher, and more resources from the general economy are focused into R&D to make the process cheaper.

It's competition, it's the free market, it's basic economics.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't understand what they want. Here in Brazil, the state of Rio de Janeiro have laws that obrigate large condominiuns (with more than 50 Family) and large comercial areas to use gadgets to collect rain water.

What I notice is the Federal's are becoming more and more absolutists. And the people more and more slaves. My hope, if the Internet don't get controlled and censured, is that revolution is near.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of the video game fallout 3. Where the US is nuked and everything is covered in radiation, and there is no clean water as it is all infected.

I think we should take the idea from the game, and somehow build a giant purifier.

It would save a lot of homeless people, and third world countries.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Great movie. Privatization is the solution ? Desalination ? What if I can't pay for it ? Water should be like air. Free. How do we protect it from our evil economic ways ? We don't. We will keep playing "Economy" until we have a dead planet.

This is the problem :

"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, then you will realize that you cannot eat money." ~ Cree Indian proverb
gigapica.geenstijl.nl...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Freezer

We try to not waste any of it. What goes out of this house as gray water (dishes, clotheswasher) goes directly to water fruit and other trees. Only thing that is wasted is water in the toilet, and even that is set very low.

Can I ask if you use soaps (what kind) to wash your dishes and clothes since you're watering your plants with it?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We wouldn't have water problems if everyone took very short showers in the morning and/or night, never washed their cars, stopped watering golf courses and grass lawns, which should be used to grow vegetables and fruits anyway.

Water wars? It's hyped up to generate a profit for the person who claims water access needs to be 'taxed or purchased' and that 'foreign nations will wage war over water someday' (highly unlikely as long as car washes and golf courses are banned) and uses the police and military under the pretense of the law to enforce their illegal will on someone.

How are they able to actually buy water? I mean honestly? How can someone be legally able to privatize beaches, lakes, rivers or the landmass around them without providing free access to anyone?

What gives them the right to deny me collecting water from my rooftop or lawn? How dare they? HOW DARE THEY!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

All the more reason to kick the U.S. out of everywhere else in the world. Especially since its U.S. corporations privatizing water in other countries.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
if the next wars are fought over water, i hope people will come to understand that wars are just designed to kill as many people as they can. most of the world is water and now people will fight over it?

Drink a cup of seawater

Desalination guidelines

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I live near Lake Michigan so you can keep your crummy water.

Again, it's a prison planet and the inmates are being pitted against each other.

Now ask yourself who is running the prison?

Once the IS-BEs expelled from the "Old Empire" arrived on Earth, they were given amnesia, and hypnotically tricked into thinking that something else had happened to them. The next step was to implant the IS-BEs into biological bodies on Earth. The bodies became the human populations of "false civilizations" which were designed and installed in the minds of IS-BEs to look completely unlike the "Old Empire".

All of the IS-BEs of India, Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome, and Medieval Europe were guided to pattern and build the cultural elements of these societies based on standard patterns developed by the IS-BEs of many earlier, similar civilizations on "Sun Type 12, Class 7" planets that have existed for trillions of years throughout the universe.

In the earliest times the IS-BEs sent to prison Earth lived in India. They gradually spread into Mesopotamia, Egypt, Mesoamerica, Achaea, Greece, Rome, Medieval Europe, and to the New World. They were hypnotically "commanded" to follow the pattern of a given civilization by the "Old Empire" prison operators. This is an effective mechanism to disguise the actual time and location from the IS-BEs imprisoned on Earth. The languages, costumes and culture of each false civilization are intended to reinforce amnesia because they do not remind the IS-BEs on Earth of the original "Old Empire" planets from which they were deported.

On the very far back-track of time these types of civilizations tended to repeat themselves over and over because the IS-BEs who created them become familiar with certain patterns and styles, and stayed with them. It is a lot of work to invent an entire civilization, complete with culture, architecture, language, customs, mathematics, moral values, and so forth. It is much easier to replicate a copy based on a familiar and successful pattern.

A "Sun Type 12, Class 7" planet is the designation given to a planet inhabited by carbon-oxygen based life forms. The class of the planet is based on the size and radiation intensity of the star, the distance of the planetary orbit from the star, and the size, density, gravity, and chemical composition of the planet. Likewise, flora and fauna are designated and identified according to the star type and class of planet they inhabit.

On the average, the percentage of planets in the physical universe with a breathable atmosphere is relatively small. Most planets do not have an atmosphere upon which life-forms "feed", as on Earth, where the chemical composition of the atmosphere provides nutrition to plants, and other organisms, which in turn support other life forms.

When the Domain Force brought the Vedic Hymns 98 (Footnote) to the Himalayas region 8,200 years ago, some human societies already existed. The Aryan people invaded and conquered India 99 (Footnote), bringing the Vedic Hymns 100 (Footnote) to the area.

The Vedas were learned by them, memorized and carried forward verbally for 7,000 years before being committed to written form. During that span of time one of the officers of The Domain Expeditionary Force was incarnated on Earth as "Vishnu" 101 (Footnote). He is described many times in the Rig-Veda. He is still considered to be a god by the Hindus. Vishnu fought in the religious wars against the "Old Empire" forces. He is a very able and aggressive IS-BE as well as a highly effective officer, who has since been reassigned to other duties in The Domain.

This entire episode was orchestrated as an attack and revolt against the Egyptian pantheon installed by "Old Empire" administrators. The conflict was intended to help free humankind from implanted elements of the false civilization that focused attention on many "gods" and superstitious ritual worship demanded by the priests who "managed" them. It is all part of the mental manipulation by the "Old Empire" to hide their criminal actions against the IS-BEs on Earth.

A priesthood, or prison guards, were used to help reinforce the idea that an individual, is only a biological body, and is not an Immortal Spiritual Being. The individual has no identity. The individuals have no past lives. 102 (Footnote) The individual has no power. Only the gods have power. And, the gods are a contrivance of the priests who intercede between men and the gods they serve.

Men are slaves to the dictates of the priests who threaten eternal spiritual punishment if men do not obey them.

What else would one expect on a prison planet where all prisoners have amnesia, and the priests themselves are prisoners? The intervention of The Domain Force on Earth has not been entirely successful due to the secret mind-control operation of the "Old Empire" that still continues to operate.

Above quoted from the site link below: Alien Interview

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The rabbit hole goes so deep and branches out so far it's beyond imagination.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nice little emotional video, but what wars were the oil wars??????? in the 20th century. Our did I miss something....

Agriculture just going to have to stop growing things in areas that are not meant to be grown. While living in the outback (Australia) you do learn to use water wisely....

Here in New Zealand we have dairy farms that are using so much water just to make the grass grow so we can have milk... crazy...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
We wouldn't have water problems if everyone took very short showers in the morning and/or night, never washed their cars, stopped watering golf courses and grass lawns, which should be used to grow vegetables and fruits anyway.

Water wars? It's hyped up to generate a profit for the person who claims water access needs to be 'taxed or purchased' and that 'foreign nations will wage war over water someday' (highly unlikely as long as car washes and golf courses are banned) and uses the police and military under the pretense of the law to enforce their illegal will on someone.

How are they able to actually buy water? I mean honestly? How can someone be legally able to privatize beaches, lakes, rivers or the landmass around them without providing free access to anyone?

What gives them the right to deny me collecting water from my rooftop or lawn? How dare they? HOW DARE THEY!

This is where the community stands as one cohesive unit and just says "NO!"

When are people going to take a stand?

How can you allow such a ridiculous action to take place?

Are they going to charge you for the rain water that gets in your hair and clothes when you are caught outside in the rain?

Are they going to start forcing people to wear regulator masks and charge you for the amount of air that you breath?

TPTP think that we are a joke and they keep thinking up intimidating and humiliating ways to prove how gullible and manipulable we are.

If you can't stand together against the lost of your most basic rights of clean air and water then you should just line up for your chips and shackles and wait for them to call for you to sing for you super.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join