It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - CDC Portal for Pandemic ? www.ready.gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.ready.gov...

I clicked on a citizen link and it popped up... I think they also advertised this site on TV... my observation was - I dont see a site for say what killed 13000 Americans last year like Terberculousis ... but a elaborate site for something that has not really impacted Americans ... how odd ... wonder if it has another use..?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hmm.. that doesn't really look like it's made for just swine flu (I'm guessing that's what you're talking about), or whatever its called now. It looks like to me that it's made for the plain ol' flu, which kills thousands of people yearly.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I remember DHS creating this site- or a similar one- a few years ago, but this was updated on 30 January 2009. My queston is- was there advanced knowledge at DHS about the influenza outbreak? Certainly it is unsettling- and yet, most of the material on the site seems to be sensical for any reason.

I don't think preparedness is a bad idea for any reason- and if the outbreak does scale up, those of us who are prepared will weather the storm much more easily.

Thank you for the link- it will be interesting to follow as the outbreak continues.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How many different type of plans and agencies do you have in the US? To me it looks ridiculous, overlapping efforts ie. redundancy, different kind of information, links from site to site within the same body, have to look at five different places to get a clear picture, is there an idiot in charge ?

IT in the public sector and especially in healthcare == a total disaster, a major #up.

[edit on 2009/5/10 by reugen]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
How many different type of plans and agencies do you have in the US? To me it looks ridicilous, overlapping, different kind of information, links here and there, look at five different places for the same information, is there an idiot in charge ?

Well, yes ~ quite probably there are several idiots in charge
... hence the need for all of them to assert their authority by creating multiple 'official' sites.

And you know, I wouldn't mind it at all if I thought that all of them would be able to pull together and truly work during a time of crisis. But I fear that all of the petty jealousies and ego-manias that our race is susceptible to will only be increased by a factor of however many of these overlapping agencies are involved.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Reugen-

We have more beurocracy than can be imagined- it's one of the very few ways we've beat you all in the EU (sarcasm).

I don't suppose you have a basement for two multi-lingual, incredibly fun and educated adults? I don't know how much longer we can stand it here, to be honest. I love my country, but our gov has failed for decades- and we're thinking- seriously- about leaving. Before the EU closes up (as you should...)

new topics

top topics

join