It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My wife took this picture tonight in our living room at about 10:30pm (GMT). To me it looks like a finger smudge

PS Ignore the decorating mess, we had a house rewire a few weeks ago

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi, I presume you mean the object on the right?

Tell you the truth I have no idea why its moving when the other objects are stationary. Even the image on the TV. Also taken with flash so no long exposure.

Usually I'd say dust, but the righthand object is different....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
eeeh, could be a hair or something

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
take some more pictures of the same spot and see if any thing wierd shows up again. thats is the best thing you can do!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thanks everyone for the constructive input.

Sorry I did mean that thing at the top right. Let me give some more background to the picture. There are no Glass tables in the room. Apart from a small table lamp at the side of me which has one of those energy saver lamps in it (which aren't very bright) and the camera flash and the light from the tv. The thing at the top right seems to be a) moving and leaving a trail b) is stretched out and generates it's own light.

The missus has taken more pictures and nothing like this has shown up.

That reflection you mentioned, could it be off of the tv? It's a Plasma tv and I had a quick look around the back and there is no light emitting from the back of it. The tv is roughly positioned at 45 degrees in the corner and because of the wide base on it and cables behind sits about 2ft out from the corner.

Has anyone tried playing around in Photoshop with it, to try and improve it or anything?

[edit on 10-5-2009 by lucifuge]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have nothing to say concerning the first picture that has not already been said... but is the one after your home as well? Gorgeous!! *tries not to sound envious*

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It is a weird trail! Im a bit skepticle about ghosts, but wouldn't want to rule anything like that out! Could just be the dust clustered

The following picture you can see the energy around the objects in the room. The unknown seems to have quite allot around it where as the other particles have none...

The Image

I can make out a faint shadow below the blinds but not sure if that is just the way the image turned out!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by The Shade]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I opened the image in photoshop and applied equalize (The Equalize command redistributes the brightness values of the pixels in an image so that they more evenly represent the entire range of brightness levels. Equalize remaps pixel values in the composite image so that the brightest value represents white, the darkest value represents black, and intermediate values are evenly distributed throughout the grayscale).

This creates a modest twist to the image.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well its late so i'll make this short.

1) Hair, if any of you has grey or blond hair. It looks close to the lense.
2)Digital or Photo? if photo could be bad exposure in the film
3)Bug. They do this sometimes to.
4)Magic or evil! Whoooo! But really, I dont like the orb concept but many people have based a lot on it, if you read any of my old posts(And soon new posts) you will see im not overly skeptical, but this does not look supernatural.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
First and foremost I'm new to these forums so try not to bash me yet lol; Here is my take,I would say...it's hair but then again if you look at it closely I hair strand would extend outside of the image as for example being attached to someones head or clothing in most cases.Also,it's fairly white? did anyone while in the room have white hair possibly? next thing that comes to my mind is a bug,but I'm not sure bug's can leave a white streak like that.The anomaly here seems to be floating then moving to the right very quickly;what exposure setting was it taken on?? because those are common in long exposure shots.Also,when someone jerks the camera a bit by accident.Any object that's shiny even silver door nobs can leave a trail like that,however,I'm gonna rule that out because your whole image is not blurred just the object itself is moving.What camera did you use? all of these thing's matter when trying to debunk orbs.I have been a skeptic for quite some time about these orbs or trailing orbs such as yours,because they can be easily be explained and replicated for dust and moisture particles,however yours does not have the characteristics of both those thing's so therefore I'm marking the object to you right a anomaly my friend.I would like to share my experience with these,"orbs" eventually but since I'm new here,I'll have to post some more,cheers!

below are images of bugs in photos

[edit on 17-3-2010 by paradoxchild]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's the ghost of *ahem* photoshop v1.0.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have pictures exactly like this - check ou the link, im not sure how to load this exact picture to this thread. s291.photobucket.com...

You'll have to look through all the photos, but this is a real phenomenon of some sort

new topics

top topics

join