It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is denied from using rainwater off her own roof!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
reply to post by dodadoom

Its really unbelievable how many people don't...it costs nothing and its heaps better for you, its all i drink...but then again i live a bit further inland (west of Brisbane) and almost everyone in the smaller towns have them. Who knows? maybe this all ties into the whole mind altering drugs found in drinking water conspiracy and/or the calcification of the pineal gland.

The local news [Sacramento, CA] talked about rain water systems costing a couple grand. Sure it could be done for cheaper as a DIY project, but I feel as if there may be permits infolved here

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I think you may be right. There probably is something to that.
Maybe big pharma wouldnt be so big!
We've all heard, 'it must be in the water'.
But who cares when you got Midnight Oil, roos, bushbabies and sheilas?

Me mom is headed on vacation there soon! She cant wait! I'm so jealous!
Shes always wanted to go, finally getting the chance!
Thanks for the tip and practical knowledge, mate!
I wish more in this country would copy your lead aussie fellers!
At least saving is not looked at as kooky anymore, thats a good start!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The problem is....you're playing THEIR game. Stop telling them you're doing this stuff. Just go out and do it without telling anyone. Disguise it so that is is not easy to see and if you are a tree-hugging hippie vegetarian or a do-gooder or a humanitarian, Mr.and Mrs. 'Go Green', whatever you want to call yourself, be like Nike and JUST DO IT. If you tell them or beg for this permission, trying to kiss a$$, you're going to lose because they are obviously power hungry and want to control peoples lives even on a minuscule level, the more thumbs they have in your pies the more control they have over everyone......because they can always use YOU as an example to scare others into submission. DON'T TELL THEM ANYTHING! I know what you're thinking, "but this is a legal requirement for me to be a decent citizen", I'll say to that...... shut up and look around you. You are nothing but a germ in a petri dish to them. Our legal system is no more what it once was, it has been hijacked and you are now an enemy of the state no matter what you do. The police forces are outsourcing for cops and the military as well (even to the point of letting those who don't even have true immigration join) so they will have no personal stake in oppressing you. They will one day kick in your door and do as they will, simply because you can't do anything about it and the people doing the job will actually be a foreigner, more than willing to beat or kill an American. We have, after all, ticked off the world, and the jealousy of our rich past of being the only superpower and the chosen one to police other nations has made quite a few enemies/recruits more than eager to join this cabal of New World Order police forces. Just don't give them information and keep a low profile........after all, having anything more than missionary sex is illegal as well....wanna fill them in on that one too? As for this person it's too late, they will now be watched like a hawk for quite awhile, but to all others..KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR HEAD DOWN!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I know just what you mean we are forced to jump through their hoops over irritating crap like permits, applications and they "fee" us to death for everything yet look at what wall street gets away with and we pay for that too! Sometimes I feel like they are just sitting back yucking it up over what an easy mark we are. Sorry for the rant
there I feel a little better.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Good stuff Moose! Ya, camoflage them! Put them in a garden shed!
I thought originally about stacking them up. Put a metal one on bottom then plastic one on top, painting them and making them look like part of the house, like pillars along the front. But they would look way too big!

I have seen some in Kaly that look cool! I try to watch Ed Begley when
I can. There are some good videos on youtube about rain barrels!

If you have any more info feel free to post!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Whomever denied this poor lady of her rain water needs to die. With every cell of my body, i hope they are punished greatly for this. This is sad, very sad.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The Colorado rain collection law dates back to 19t century so one can hardly blame "eco-nazis" for it.

This from Denver Examiner:

"The rainwater collection law dated back to the 19th century and was put in place to protect the water rights of the farmers and ranchers who had paid for water rights to the streams and rivers. Apparently they were worried that rainwater collection (or snow run-off collection for that matter) would decrease the supply to the life-force of their livelihood.

Times have changed in Colorado and the governing body has finally recognized that small rain barrel systems that could be set up at people's homes are a logical way to reduce treated water consumption. Currently the law has only opened up to people living in rural areas of the state, but there is a second bill up for consideration in the state that would create the opportunity for rainwater harvest to urban and suburban residents."

More here.

rgs, TMFAP

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I will not lie down for anyone.
I can't put this into words exactly, but you talk scary!

If we are afraid of the ptb, we probably would not be posting on here anyway.
If they give a crap about us(which I doubt)they have their own agenda either way, and it wont make much difference what we do, unfortunately....unless
of course we stick together and stick up for each other!
I agree, save the rain but keep it on the down low.
Thanks for your post!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Its the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time
all my water is from the rain, i catch it and use it and it goes back to the earth.

What was that Chief Seattle statement called-

"How can you sell the sky?"

mmmm...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This was surprising really. I can't imagine what more they will do. If people don't stand up now when will they?

One good way to go about it is to give them a taste of their own medicine. If I was involved I would charge them for every drop of rain that fell in my compound. It is theirs fine, I don't want it in my compound or in my airspace, also restrict them from putting anything in your airspace. i.e. a bird crosses above your house ask the govt to pay. fake a phobia of the rain and make them pay for the mental stress caused, make them pay for making your land/house/clothes/you wet. also for corrosion and some other stuff as another poster said. It could amount to millions of dollars every year that they would have to pay you.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
AHA.

I'd tell them to shove that cookie up there yeah.

If I'm going to harvest rain water, I'm not going to tell anyone, and if they have a damn problem with it and come to my house, they may answer to a 12 gauge.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hey everyone.

I rarely "register" to forums because I think the process is usually annoying [although this one went rather smoothly I should say]; however, when I read this topic I just had to say something:

This situation against rain is an OUTRAGE. Anyone and everyone responsible for this ridiculous situation should be DEAD in my opinion, beginning with lawyers and lawmakers behind all this insanity. As I see it, they have no right to live. I mean, what kind of living creature reasons so negatively and low as to try to deny [or yet worse, to tax] rain? My answer is: An inherently EVIL creature, probably a very harmful insect or parasite, which of course needs to be destroyed for survival.

And yet... it seems as if most people are just staying "comfortably" indiferent, apparently doing nothing and just taking it up the rear day after day after day. What's next, I wonder, a heartbeat tax? SpO2 tax? How about a $h!t tax, with meters placed right in the bowls? Bastards!

I say to hell with these idiots. Let's use them for fertilizer, or maybe not; they might sort of curse the soil anyway. I see trials for crimes against humanity, and people like these hung like puppets, or their heads chopped off like the french once did, in fair justice. Or maybe we'll just let'em rot in cages from experimental diseases, collecting data during the process for factual advances in science. Anyway, just ideas...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I wonder..when will there be taxes on sunlight! lolllll

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I tend to agree , why ask in the first place ?

Don't you get the feeling that anyone claiming ownership of the rain is asking to be smited by the true owner ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
at the other hand.. in case of a water flood you can than ofcourse sew the state of colorado for the damage..!..point.....if water was allowed to store in barrals... there was less water to flood...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 24142

Cool! I would like to be the first to welcome you!
I think you made a wise decision!
You will find the people here to be for the most part, awesome!
Glad you posted and we hope you stay! Thanks for hopping on!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

No, I'm sorry there won't be any taxes on Sunlight. I'm going to form a corporation and patent and trademark sunlight. I will then retire from the massive amount of revenue the entire planet will have to pay me for the privledge of having it....

I shall of course have to form a large global army to police the appropriate use of sunlight, and perhaps I'll place tarriffs on it for country's who are not falling into line with my political agenda's...

You can just see the jail's now.

"What are you in for?"
"Air fraud. I didn't declare the amount of air I was required to use and stole it from the state. Thank God air is free in jail."

Edit to add: I reeeally don't think that people deserve to die over this stupidity. I think this may be taking the whole thing a wee bit too far. I mean, outrage, sure. But death and dismemberment may just be attempting to solve stupidity with insanity.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by azurecara]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh my. I just shrug at this one. It is true, though.

"If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; for one official is eyed by a higher one, and over them both are others higher still. The increase from the land is taken by all; the king himself profits from the fields." Ecc 5:8-9

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
This is why you don't apply for 'permits' for things that are trivial. It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission. If you think you have to ask, the answer will always be 'no'.

That has to be one of the best posts I've read in a very long time.

"It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission"

Star for you my friend!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
2thec, excellent point and I been waiting for that!

I like the way you speak, short and sweet! Thank you!

kaleshwar, I agree it's a great idea, but will it work?
If we stick together, I really think it can!

Revolution2012, we are with ya! Always.

Ressiv, over our dead bodies!(and not in the way of our solar panels)

Excellent point about flood control also!

Very true Max_to! If you mean karma(or, Gods 'revenge'), ya it could happen!

Azurecara, thanks for that! I needed it!

I think we pay for the air in jail anyway, too!

I think we are just being dramatical! Ooops, is that even a word?
Can you blame us? They keep taking and taking.....
Oh well it really gettin' late, I gotta crash soon.

Gyoung88, excellent post also! Thank you for that!
G' nite good people of ATS! Thanks for helping put this on the front page!
You have shown me great things since I've been on this site
and have helped me learn and progress and I appreciate it!
Thank you all more than you can know~!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join