It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is denied from using rainwater off her own roof!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I wonder who has the legal rights to air??

I am submitting an application to officially own dirt rights. The Earth will be MINE!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
This is why you don't apply for 'permits' for things that are trivial. It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission. If you think you have to ask, the answer will always be 'no'.

meh. nobody is that stupid... ok maybe some..
ok maybe lots...
but not someone who's smart enough to get off the grid with solar and grow their own food, is stupid enough to apply for using rain water.

did she apply for a permit to use the SUN?
i don't think so.

I think that this is so-intel whereas the public's reaction for this will push more people into "rebelliously" WANT to use rainwater instead of taxing the already restricted useage of public water (droughts etc)..

problem = no you cant use rain for water, stupid.
reaction = YES WE CAN THATS INSANE
solution/origonal goal = ok yeah we were wrong. here's a bunch of public money allocated magically for rain barrels.

you don't force people to do something. they will suspect something's up and they're generally lazy.

form the impetus in their own minds to do it.. and they'll make it a priority.

I think it's a cleverly designed psy-op to make people want to use rain water more.. thus lessening the demand on the syste.. and going with the green movement.

quite ingenious.. yet simplistic.

you can demonize the Hegelian Dialect all you want because of it's manipulative prospects, but hell.. people NEED to be pushed into what's most efficient and intellectually correct if they've not realized it on their own yet.

flame on.

-

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Oh I forgot what I was going to say!
I think of 1984 almost every day, how it is becoming more
real all the time, I swear it seems like it anyway....

I know, it's like you can almost watch it happening in real life. The book starts and they are already there but I would imagine they were slowly corraled into it.

With our media lying...
with an unwinnable war on terrorism...
The criminalising of dissent..
TV telling us how to act and think...
Schools teaching censored history...
and rainwater rashions...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This would really piss me off if I were in her place. Heck, it pisses me of just to know that they are trying to pull this scam off! You want to get technical, earth is basically a closed system, and any water taken in for use anywhere will eventually and somehow be put back into the system.

This all comes down to those in or wanting to have control trying to prevent individual independence. If a person can provide for themselves and think for themselves they are an obstacle to power-hungry manipulators.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I wonder who has the legal rights to air??

I am submitting an application to officially own dirt rights. The Earth will be MINE!

Al Gore has the rights to air... more specifically the carbon portion of it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Thank you for that! It seems instead of "government for the
people" it's "government against the people"! Oh, and tax them
and give it too the failing megamergerbanks and conglomorporations!
Why does this seem like a rerun of a bad bailout movie to me?
I understand we need the tax base but, permits for rainwater, c'mon!
We keep coming up with new ways to screw ourselves I think.
I imagine one day we will get fed up over something like this
and demand better. Great post and you always make me think!
Star and two thumbs up!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A few years back Texas decided to track all private wells and gave notice that if you own one it must be registered with the state or you are fined a substantial amount.

It seemed strange at the time to receive a letter demanding that I register when there was no water issue. This post has explained what the PTb are up to and now makes more sense. It could also become a tax resource in the near future. S&F for you.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

No flames anyone please. Thats good thinking!
I shouldn't be surprised on here though.
We have the smartest people on the planet on ATS! IMO
Gad I never though of that. It would be a nasty but effective trick!
It sounds like you are saying perhaps this tactic is used even more
in other ways. Kind of like subliminal advertising!
Make the people think THEY need to demand rain barrels,
to actually get them to use them? It sounds plausible!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is absurd, why on earth would you even need someone's authorization to capture rain water. Rules are meant to be broken.

Get all the rain water you want, there is no one to tell you otherwise.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
I suppose we all need to get lawyers and claim our air rights before those get taken away too and we aren't allowed to breath.

Hurry, or someone may get them before you do.

Who should win here:

CA couple buy house, install pool. Pool people sue neighbors whose 50+ year-old trees interfere with their view, and block sun near the pool.

Trees lose.

Or here:

TX couple buy foreclosure home "as is" in airport flight path (approx. 1/2 mile S. of runway 33E). Couple sue airport for noise that interferes w/their enjoyment of their home.

Airport loses.

Or this:

CT woman buys and restores abandoned 100+ year-old house in "blighted district." Developer w/ State, local, and Federal "urban renewal" funds buys surrounding property for "community redevelopment" project. City condemns house and gives it to developer.

Woman loses.
(This one went to SCOTUS - "Kelo v. New London, " opinion by Stevens, joined by Souter, Ginsberg, Kennedy, and Breyer)

Developer bulldozed house. Ran out of money. Property never developed.

Where do your rights end and others' begin? Where common sense runs out.

jw

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wish I could give you more than one star for that, but I can't Wolf!
Heres one from me anyway! Thank you!

Albertarocks, I always dig your posts! I have a soft spot for canadians, eh? (I toured british columbia, beautiful!) Dont remind them about the CO2! They will send out notices next week!

I am choked out by the Boise smog the past few years.
It has gotten bad! Maybe I better NOT save my rainwater!

Thank you also Seabiscuit! I wish I could give you a flag too!
I am afraid they will eventually come knocking about my
household well and want to know what all I water with it!
We are fighting over the snake river water here.
I guess as time goes on, water will become THE #1 commodity!
Thank you everyone for you thoughts!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but if someone tried to fine me or arrest me for collecting rainwater, the outcome would end in someone raining blood from their face. When are we going to say enough is enough and stand up to this bull$h@t?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Woah...illegal to cllect rainwater...that is really messed up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

so...if she has a easetroph around her house, and the spout leads to the ground she is fine. but if she puts a bucket under it, its a 500$ fine daily. .......

I wouldnt have even sought a permit, I would have just done it. She needs a system where she can just remove 1 peice and it will pour straight onto the ground, so if people come to look, move 1 thing -- DONE, complying with those bull# terms.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This has been hapening for years in Brisbane and surounding area. The local government knew that because we were in drought, everybody would be buying rainwater tanks and so they began taxing harvested rainwater. Its the most pathetic thing ever.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If she persisted with rain harvesting, she would be subject to fines of up to $500 per day.

They are serious people can be fined. Some cheat when they can get away with it but she is running a business. All it would take would be one busy body to rat her off. She probably felt it wasn't worth the risk and applied for the permit.

Believe me this isn't just a ploy to get us Coloradan's to use rain barrels. The water here is closely regulated and unauthorized use is considered stealing. In Colorado water = money. There's those who decide who gets it and who doesn't. It's all about money, favors and power the usual.

I agree with Wolf it's all going to end up back in the ground anyway but sure enough someone downstream with water rights will hear of her venture and complain. It's not just government that owns water rights it can be land developers, mining operations, ranchers etc. Money is made off of water rights they are a closely guarded commodity.

When you buy land out here they let you know just how little you really own. We basically don't own the dirt it's considered a mineral, we don't own the water, the ranchers claim they have grazing rights, I don't know what's left the trees & air we don't have state emissions down here. We got a mortgage on the house so we don't own that. Yet they make sure to collect taxes off us every year for a lot of stuff we don't own.
I wonder about the corporate holders of our water/mineral rights what kind of tax shelters do they enjoy. It's a load of BS is what it is.

edit spelling

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Morningglory]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Once the rainwater touches her property it is hers to do with as she pleases. Unfortunately for the state if they wish she can collect and sell the rainwater to them for a fee.

If the state claims they own it then she can therefore sue them for damages resulting from erosion and corrosion to her property from a state owned chemical. I would imagine the fines for such harmful destruction to her property could be thousands of dollars every time it rains.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I am always interested in how you guys deal with the water situation!
A couple moved here from down under a while back and
couldnt believe no one used rain barrels around these parts!
Especially in a high mountain desert!

I noticed the article and I had just started saving rain about that time.
Thanks for your post!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Its really unbelievable how many people don't...it costs nothing and its heaps better for you, its all i drink...but then again i live a bit further inland (west of Brisbane) and almost everyone in the smaller towns have them. Who knows? maybe this all ties into the whole mind altering drugs found in drinking water conspiracy and/or the calcification of the pineal gland.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Thank you for that! I have heard wyoming is like that also.
The ground deep under you is basically not yours.
It belongs to the oil and natural gas people.
Ya, I guess even the topsoil would be considered someones too.
You know what gets me is the arrogancy of the whole attitude
you get when you try to deal with these processes.
You are expected to put up and not question it. I get tired of it!
Sometimes taking care of a permit fee or registration or bank
paperwork or bs home permit can take a day or more.
Dont they consider lost wages etc, time off work to go run around
and take care of all the bs heaped upon us in their equation? Sheeesh....
They make it impossible to be a law abiding citizen knowing you will get
screwed anyway for doing the right thing!

You are required to do this and expected to do that....
what happened to our free country?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
This is why you don't apply for 'permits' for things that are trivial. It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission. If you think you have to ask, the answer will always be 'no'.

I'm thinkin I'd just put in a cistern or barrels in a barn, and make the house look like there are standard gutters and downspouts...just make a hidden pipe that takes the water away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join