It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone explain this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This incident happened a few years ago and has perplexed me ever since.
I have changed the names but the events are real.
It was a friday night and I was having tea with my friend, Chris.
A few months prior to this a close friend of ours called Lynn had died. She had overdosed . She had a drink problem in her life and was very depressed.
Anyway we were chatting away and the phone rang.Chris is ex-directory and very few people know her number.
A woman was on the other end in tears.She said she was suicidal.Chris asked her why she had dialled this number---where had she got it from?
she said it was just a random number she dialled.
After about 30 mins chatting to her we managed to get her address and decided to go round to see her.
We pulled up outside her house. There was no-one in. We sat in the car and waited for about 5 mins.
Then we saw this woman coming towards us with a load of booze.
all quite normal up to now-------until she approached the car. It was Lynn but it was Lynn looking about 10 years older.

We were both speechless. She invited us in. We went in to a spotless house. She told us she had OCD just like Lynn had. She also dressed exactly in the same unusual style and was the same height and petite build.
In our eyes we were looking at an older version of our dead friend.
She then started reciting the darkest but also the most beautiful poetry I have ever heard. All about death.
We left after she assured us she was ok. We never went back.
It spooked us both and is still a mystery to this day.
Any ideas on this because it was like entering some sort of parallel universe.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well I can't really give you an explanation so much as a similar experience. I think alot of these things are simply dimension related, perhaps beings playing tricks or simply lost souls.

I had an experience with an older gentleman who my husband was providing medical care for when we first got married. He lived in our house for about a month, and died in the hospital when things become to dire.

About a month later an elderly man moved in accross the street, he had a stricking resemblance exept he may have been 10 or 20 years younger than our fellow Mr. Harlow.

He spoke the same way, carried himself the same way, even drank the same beer, right down to the same beer store where Mr. Harlow had frequently gone.

We spoke to him on several occasions and he shared stories which we had heard before, but he always stated his memory was very hazy, as if he'd gone through some traumatic event and had been left with Amnesia.

It's all very strange, he left suddenly after about a year, never spoke to him again.

That was about 12 years now and I swear I've seen him around every now and then.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/9/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ok, so both those stories had my hair rising!

I mean, just wow...so many possibilities to this one.

I’m going to keep close to this thread to see what others have to say, etc.

I hope others will take the time to add their stories if they’ve had similar experiences.

peace

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I urge you to look through and read this thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's informative, and tackles some of the question asked with theories mind you.

Get back to me when your done reading it mate, femate?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ive never really expereinced a visualize form of this, although calls and etc.

But i've been to far off places, countries and things, and people will claim to of known me, almost felt like a celeb! They wouldn't know my name but would swear by their religion, (reluctant to put that) that they had met me before, and even extreme enough to were I was an old friend of theirs.

They didn't want anything, well they wanted to talk, but no more then that.

It's bizarre how frequent it happens, once or twice is ok, but has to be over 100 times by now.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks for your reply.
Your story does have many similarities with ours.
You mention it could be dimension related. That's what we thought because there really is no logical explanation for it.
It really seems to go way beyond co- incidence.
The whole thing, including why she would randomly dial that particular number, is a mystery.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Ahh Republican, now it makes a little more sense to me.

I think you might be an old soul yet to awaken friend. Perhaps you should look into meditation a bit more, chakra to be precise. Learn how to breathe again and you might get the answers you are looking for.

It would be nice to have another of us on ATS. Feel free to U2U me if this is a bit confusing to you haha.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Yes the dimension think I believe because we project our own realities. Usually the more "perfect" projections are in time of great crisis or great happiness.

Tha'ts when your entire being is focused on creating a set reality for your soul to deal with. If your friend in question, decided to project herself into the future 10 years and still alive, she would gravitate towards people and situations which would remind her of who she is.

That would very well be the case if the projection was strong enough.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thanks for replying--Your link has blown me away cos I really thought no-one else could have experienced anything as strange as this.
I mean dead people calling???
That is quite a mind trip to deal with.
And in our case to actually come face to face as well.
Makes you want to question everything.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
could it be

Synchronicity?

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which are causally unrelated occurring together in a supposedly meaningful manner. In order to count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance.

Interesting!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

thanks for your input on this----very interesting.
I've heard of Synchronicity but I've never looked into it in depth.
Your link is most informative but getting my head round all this may take some time

Mmmm-- interesting theory though.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You mention that we create our own realities.--interesting.
So we unknowingly somehow created the reality of our dead friend but alive and in the future.
Wow, It's going to take a while to get my head round all of your replies so far.
It's all very "out there".
But so is the experience we had.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well creating are own realities, perhaps I can expand on the subject and provide you with a more general outlook.

It has been proven through experiments like the 2 slit neutron gun experiments that the simple act of observing an atom changes the way it behaves.

If that is so, then simply looking at anything will change the way it behaves. If we can change things simply by looking, then by imputing thoughts, clearly and with genuine effort, that we can alter our surroundings.

This is true in people who don't feel pain. It may be biological however there is something going on at the mind level that is altering how atoms are behaving in order for him to feel pain.

Quantum physics has drastically changed the way that we perceive and interpret our surroundings. Mind you they are only theories, but then again that's what everything is, our best guess at the time.

I encourage you to watch the movie " What The Bleep" Or "What The Bleep When Down The Rabbit Hole". The ladder is the longer version which has all of the information.

It can get a bit long, the language is not typical, however if you watch it enough times things make alot more sense, some of the theories are simply mind boggling.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And it can be viewed in full here.
www.moviesfoundonline.com...

Very thought provoking indeed.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

A pretty spooky story there Blondie..... I may of had similar experiences lately where i have been seeing an ex-girl of mine in other girls out and about..... random people but they all had the height & looks of that x-girl.... From December last year to May this year.... I wasn't thinking about her at the time so that wasn't the cause.... was a pretty weird time..... havn't seen her for a couple of months now but each girl was a different girl!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Very strange that ---is this girl on your mind a lot maybe ??
Maybe the desire to see her again is projecting itself into your reality and surroundings so you are actually creating it yourself ??
you say she is'nt on your mind but maybe she is in your deep unconcious.
When we experienced the weird things on this night--neither of us were at the time thinkin of our dead friend, but we saw her and spoke to her.
It's all trippy stuff

What's your view btw on shapeshifters ??

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

She wasn't on my mind at the time but used to be on my mind a lot.... something happened to me which had a massive effect on my life and she was the main reason for that effect!!

As to shapeshifting..... that is something i do not believe in at all..... sounds a bit too far fetched........ definately something for Star Trek or The X-Files!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

join