It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding teddy bears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yesterday (april 26th) I was at work, and this guy came in (i work at a restaurant) and asked us at the counter if we would like to buy a teddy bear. he also said it was for the troops, and would like to know if anybody would like to buy one. he also said that the teddy bear, if you stick it in the microwave, would warm up its stomach, and ect... well, at first, i didnt think that was any harm, untill i saw his hand, and saw the name of my friend who is in the military. so i called him up and he said he knew nothing, about it, and got really pissed... after that, i had got to thinking, wouldnt it be like sufficient for someone who wanted to blow up a lot of people, at different times, and with enough time to escape everytime, to put nitroglycerine into gel form, put it into a teddybear, and say it will heat up in the microwave, and when you heat it up, BOOM! and its genious though, cause thats selling on the hearts of americans, like, if you buy this bear, we are giving money to the troops and to help support the war, but none of the troops supposively know. what is your guy's intake?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
How did he say it would be 'supporting the troops'?

Probably just some obscure charity. Or perhaps a scam? Did you get the name of the organisation?

dz

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'd imagine as soon as one of these exploded, word would be out quick as to the true reasoning behind them.

It's kinda hard to keep something like that quiet..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent23212
i didnt think that was any harm, untill i saw his hand, and saw the name of my friend who is in the military

What do you mean by "you saw your friends name on his hand"? As in a tattoo?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Net Storm-
no, he didn't have it on his hand like a tatoo, but he had it written on there, and was using the name to sell the bears. he was in civilian casual, and didnt have any distinct marks of a military man... and like i said, my friend had no idea what was going on.

kano
he was using the name to sell the bears, he wouldnt give the name of the orginization or who he works for..

more later, gotta go, life becons......

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
p.s.

kano-
also, he said that he was selling the bears to get money to specifically get deodorant for them... if i was raising money for them, it would be for something beside that, and i would probably sell it on tv, think how much that stuff would sell....

new topics

top topics

join