It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought police muscle up in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
British free speach

Article from: The Australian

Hal G. P. Colebatch | April 21, 2009

Article from: The Australian
BRITAIN appears to be evolving into the first modern soft totalitarian state. As a sometime teacher of political science and international law, I do not use the term totalitarian loosely.

There are no concentration camps or gulags but there are thought police with unprecedented powers to dictate ways of thinking and sniff out heresy, and there can be harsh punishments for dissent.

Nikolai Bukharin claimed one of the Bolshevik Revolution's principal tasks was "to alter people's actual psychology". Britain is not Bolshevik, but a campaign to alter people's psychology and create a new Homo britannicus is under way without even a fig leaf of disguise.

The Government is pushing ahead with legislation that will criminalise politically incorrect jokes, with a maximum punishment of up to seven years' prison. The House of Lords tried to insert a free-speech amendment, but Justice Secretary Jack Straw knocked it out. It was Straw who previously called for a redefinition of Englishness and suggested the "global baggage of empire" was linked to soccer violence by "racist and xenophobic white males". He claimed the English "propensity for violence" was used to subjugate Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and that the English as a race were "potentially very aggressive".

In the past 10 years I have collected reports of many instances of draconian punishments, including the arrest and criminal prosecution of children, for thought-crimes and offences against political correctness.

Countryside Restoration Trust chairman and columnist Robin Page said at a rally against the Government's anti-hunting laws in Gloucestershire in 2002: "If you are a black vegetarian Muslim asylum-seeking one-legged lesbian lorry driver, I want the same rights as you." Page was arrested, and after four months he received a letter saying no charges would be pressed, but that: "If further evidence comes to our attention whereby your involvement is implicated, we will seek to initiate proceedings." It took him five years to clear his name.

Page was at least an adult. In September 2006, a 14-year-old schoolgirl, Codie Stott, asked a teacher if she could sit with another group to do a science project as all the girls with her spoke only Urdu. The teacher's first response, according to Stott, was to scream at her: "It's racist, you're going to get done by the police!" Upset and terrified, the schoolgirl went outside to calm down. The teacher called the police and a few days later, presumably after officialdom had thought the matter over, she was arrested and taken to a police station, where she was fingerprinted and photographed. According to her mother, she was placed in a bare cell for 3 1/2 hours. She was questioned on suspicion of committing a racial public order offence and then released without charge. The school was said to be investigating what further action to take, not against the teacher, but against Stott. Headmaster Anthony Edkins reportedly said: "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark. We aim to ensure a caring and tolerant attitude towards pupils of all ethnic backgrounds and will not stand for racism in any form."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read the rest of this article. It's a sad state of affairs when you opinions, no mater how different from another can now put you in jail, even if your a very young juvenile!
I guess this is going to be the state of rights for all of us in this world very soon if the globalists get the power they crave!
Zindo

Edit to note: Where I the father of the young lady, that teacher would find it very hard to yell at anyone for a Loooong time! Let alone call the coppers for asking a legitimate question!

[edit on 5/9/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Considering i have been under electronic mind control in london since 1992, i think they would also be doing this to many people.

Pre crime is just something to commit any crimes the police or government want against anyone, as precrime does not exist, it can be used on anyone at any time.

Uk is not turning into a police state, it already is.

Good article.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the people are the enemy of the state.

have a doubleplusgood day, comrades.

thats an order.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hate this country, in an attempt to free my fellow man I will stockpile glycerin from the tesco cooking department then in 15 years blow up the houses of parliament.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well Im English, Christian, White, Straight And Male and not ashamed of it and refuse to apologuise for it, better arrest me then officers!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by scoopyjon]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

What amazes me is the completely ridiculous ZERO tolerance involved with young school children. This teacher and her superiors need a long introduction to the wood shed with whips and chains involved! Maybe a few car batteries and some wire,LOL, not really but these feelings about the overstepping of their mandate infuriates me.!

Zindo

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyway how was the girl supposed to do the project with the other girls if they were all speaking a language she could not understand that aint rasist. My mom does a creative writing class and got told off for describing her dog as black and tanned supposedly it was offenssive to northern irish people something to do with the IRA black and tanned brigade.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Do you guys in the america have any problems like this or is it not so bad over there. I here canada has a bit of a problem with over polically correctness

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scoopyjon

Here in America it is not as bad as people describe it in Great Britain. Sure we have police and all but they tend to leave us alone unless we are breaking a law. We do not have cameras on every street corner yet, we have a couple red light cameras and a couple freeway speed cams. Not too many though. We are still allowed to say politically incorrect things , as long as we mean no harm to people. We are actually quite free still for the time being.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scoopyjon

We don't have PC language laws yet other than the obvious racial slurs used during a confrontation. Using that language can make the charge a hate crime that can make the penalties much worse for the transgression! If a teacher here did what that one did, it would probably cause that teacher to be arrested or at the least require a psychological exam for stupidity!

Zindo

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Perhaps the young lady should counter sue and make a claim of racism as if one of the urdu speaking children was in the english speaking group, she wouldn't have found herself in jail for an racist comment.

PS was is language racist. non-whites and whites can speak the same languages

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I hate to burst the bubble on our brilliant Australian "sometime teacher of political science and international law" here, but this is hype.

Most of the instances mentioned are instances of small-minded and stupid countrified rubes interpreting the law the way they see fit, NOT evidence of high-level British justice persecuting people for freedom of speech. Did the 'Urdu' complaint make it to the high courts? I thought not. Sensationalist tripe.

Australia, by contrast, is one of the most small-minded, parochial and racist nations on earth (I should know, I have family living there). Nothing but a WASP-ish low-brown convict hole which churns out endless crappy Soap Operas (that in a 20 year run include ONE oriental family -for PC colour- called 'the Wangs', then have them thrown out of the series for COOKING THE NEIGHBOUR'S CAT - no joke); just because we're not trying to wipe out the "fakkin' smelly Abbos", doesn't mean that the thought police have us in their grasp yet.

I agree that these laws are ludicrous and indeed troubling, but this is standard form for nEULabour. Never mind, they will never truly be enforced except when Labour and their EUSSR chums wish to criminalise someone in public service. Ordinary Bob doesn't have to worry about offending the local kebab shop owner yet.

I agree that the state of Britain is shambolic and proto-Orwellian, but these kind of ill-worded articles do NOTHING to help sensible argument and debate on the issue.

The British are, without doubt, the most cynical nation on earth; legislate as they may I SINCERELY doubt that even a sizeable minority of the population actually swallow the tripe of 'political correctness' Labour is peddling. If Jack Straw and co. are trying to re-engineer society, he's got a LONG way to go - a long way that is soon to be cut short. A couple of scared middle-class housewives might adhere to this practice, but I doubt very many Englishmen will suddenly stop their 'offensive' jokes and hilarious football chants:

I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk,
rather be a Paki than a Turk,
I'd rather be a Paki,
rather be a Paki,
rather be a Paki than a Turk"

- Englishmen.

The British Government is a PUSSYCAT compared to the authoritarian EU govt. that threatens us. Stop whingeing about silly MP laws and look to the real threat!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by FMLuder]

new topics

top topics

join