It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ah the human mating season is in full swing with the males vying to secure a mate.
For some odd reason spring brings out this most primal of urges in humans.

Perhaps it's because with the warmer weather females can wear less clothing and thus males are more able to detect pheromones being secreted by females. :shk:

Just interesting why humans feel that this primal instinct is so important. Males trying every way they possibly can to mate with females. Females trying every possible way they can to select only the best mates. This cycle runs all throughout spring into summer and ends in the fall when males either not having attracted a mate settle down for a long winter alone or if they have been successful they then have a companion to keep them warm throughout the winter months.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Haha, good way of looking upon it although i don't think its entirely true.

I think there just as much attraction between men and women all year round but when the spring/summer comes it brightens everyone's spirits.

Therefore people go out more, meeting more people, making it more likely to meet a mate.

Great theory and it does ring truth

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So that explains why my hormones are operating on overdrive at the mo!!
It's the weather

Bad weather

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just interesting why humans feel that this primal instinct is so important. Males trying every way they possibly can to mate with females. Females trying every possible way they can to select only the best mates

Much as we try to deny it, we're still not all that different from the rest of the flesh and blood animals inhabiting our tiny, spinning little mudball in the backwaters of the galaxy...

Sure, we can use tools and contemplate our own existence, but we're still made up of our DNA, and in that code, remains the urge to mate as a pure survival instinct... Luckily, either fate, the Creator, or whomever/whatever you blame for putting us here....saw fit to make it an immensely fun activity....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'll never understand why people seem to see spring/summer as a time for love. It's never really seemed like a more romantic time of year to me.

Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that I hate hot weather, had horrible allergies as a child(and still do every now and then), and my eyes can get pretty sensitive to bright sunlight.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I would say that, this is a conspiracy of the genes!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
/me lols

I being a hermit, wait for one of the females to use those so called tools the cellular telephone, when they have found a bad mate and need a comforting friend that usually ends up than more than just comfort.

This is a year around thing though...........because my breed of homosapian waits in the open not hunting, waiting to be chosen when the waters have already came and gone and the lone creature is stranded on the beach, i come to save the day.

=|

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The skimpy attire and proclivity of water activities (and therefore bikinis), may also have something to do with it though...

Personally though (and maybe this is just because I'm a male), I'm a horn dog year round, hehe...just ask the wife,

top topics

join