It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, Maybe, Maybe not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The world will not end in 2012, however it is likely by then that the world as we humans know it will be ending.

While everyone is seeking a quick doom and gloom fix and secretly wishing for wars and conflict the reality of the times that lie ahead will likely surpass their wildest expectations and leave them more terrified than they could have ever imagined.

Humanity is entering a much darker, more inhospitable time than ever before, be patient it is coming and you don't need any prophecy to enlighten you now.

Your faiths will be tested by pestilences, wars, the failures of mankind and nature will seem to be hell itself, the tribulations that await us are only beginning to grow in intensity now. If you've ever believed in God, you will be asking where he is at some point, the non religious atheists and like will run out of logical explanations for what has come upon us and will sacrifice their sanity in the process.

Almost everyone can sense what is coming now, and if not then all they need do is pay attention to what is going on around them and around the world.

2012?

Maybe, depends a lot on what we do between now and then I suppose. And unless we (the human 'world') change then we are doomed.

You don't need prophecy, nor psychic abilities only eyes, ears and a brain to see the inevitable. Perhaps it is our own built in self destruction mechanisms, or maybe we were never meant to last beyond a certain time.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The only reason I believe it's going to happen, is because religious fanatics want it to happen, Self Fullfilling Prophecy.

It's that simple, plus pestilence, wars, rumours of wars, etc. Have been going on since the beginning of humanity.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Interesting post. If enough people believe in doom we could have a self fulfilling prophecy?

Of course there are "pestilence, wars, rumours of wars, etc." and when you look at the state of the world today one could certainly see how the rumors may inevitably be substantiated.

Many people have grown impatient with the predictions of such things, that doesn't mean that it will not happen.

How long will this world sustain the current and rapidly growing human population?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure about anything happening in the year 2012. But At some point the 2012 predictions will come true. Not meaning the "Planet X" Theory.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
The only reason I believe it's going to happen, is because religious fanatics want it to happen, Self Fullfilling Prophecy.

It's that simple, plus pestilence, wars, rumours of wars, etc. Have been going on since the beginning of humanity.

Ah, but I suppose that could be changed with the proper use of a sonic screwdriver.

(For those who might not understand this, it is a reference to Republican08's avatar).

[edit on 9/5/2009 by moniker]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

Anything can be fixed with a Sonic Screwdriver, except wood.

I think what I see people doing, is a Rhonda Byrne type philosophy on life, putting energy out there, and getting it back. I never bought that hype, but I do see Iranians, claiming that their god has told them there generation must bring about the apocalypse, and they've accepted that.

That's just silly! I'm sure other countries, people are thinking the same thing. Just like the Jews are putting millions of money (the general populace) into rebuilding Solomons temple, which they believe will bring about the apocalypse, but they want the apocalypse to come, because then thered be 1,000 years of peace, then satan will get out of the hole, rinse, lather, repeat.

And people buy this? Why? My answer movies, we've all seen those movies, we're the unbeliever, turns out to be wrong, and everyone else is right.

Just like the bible says, Jesus is coming soon. 2,000 years later, what's he waiting for, "But Michael, a day for god could be 1,000,000 years for humans," me " Well would god not of accounted for this, I mean generations have perished, in total about 100 Billion people have lived and died on the earth, seems kind of foolish" "When the time is right he will return" " ? " "Yes when the time is right" "Whens the right time?" "Could be tomorrow, could be a billion years away". "Yeah, then it's not going to be soon huh".

Now all this I've stated is why i'm against religion, i'm pro people, anyone who wants everyone in the world to die, is well, just silly, it's the point that the majority wants this to happen, so we all go live in a cloudy place in a choir, with 72 virgins forever.......

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
And people buy this? Why? My answer movies, we've all seen those movies, we're the unbeliever, turns out to be wrong, and everyone else is right.

If movies make believers, and believers can cause it to happen then we may be in trouble.

Check out this collection of videos at youtube...

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps many are sensing a very troubled world and the 2012 theories provide a focal point to project their negative energies?

Maybe they are distracted from very real dangers to the human race by the prophecies of fantasy.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If something does happen theirs nothing we can do about it. So why should we fret over it so much?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridgeback
If something does happen theirs nothing we can do about it. So why should we fret over it so much?

Right. 2012 has been the year that many civilizations back thousands of years ago have prophecised that that is the year the world will end.
The mayans have always thought this . They even had a mayan 260 day calender that eventually became 360 days that ended at the year of 2012.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well Guys....

What do you think of the video below:

You have one of the most recognizable scientific faces predicting the solar outburst could be potentially far greater than previously esitmated. check it out :

Video :

This should put up some weight to some of the above arguments.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Maybe we should all accept the fact that we are all going to die... thats right... we are all going to die. The Earth will eventually be destroyed, the human race will eventually be extinct and all our lives will eventually be over.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Look, this fear mongering crap is drivin' most of you nuts. I guess I'm older than most of you so let me tell you a story.

I was raised as a Catholic and in retrospect it was nothing more than a religion full of fear mongering. That's how the masses are controlled. Religions do it and governments do it. First they scare the shyte out of you, then they offer the solution to all your problems. Donate money and you shall be saved. When the masses are full of fear, they look to a higher power for safety. Little puppies do that. Little kittens do that. Little children look to a higher power for security (and that doesn't mean the government). It's only natural.

Back in the 40's (before I was born) and into the 50's and early 60's we (Catholics) were kept scared absolutely shytless about the myth of the "miracle at Lourdes". We were not expecting the world to last beyond 1967. That's a hell of an awful way for a kid like me, 8 and 9 years of age, and into my teens, to live. I didn't have dreams about pretty girls with big...(chests). Instead I dreamed of what would happen in 1967. And do you know what happened in 1967? I turned 18 years old and found a beautiful girlfriend with great big... well let me just say life turned out great. What a blessed relief. Life turned out pretty damned good after all. My girlfriend and I celebrated plenty, but I'll have to tell you about that some other time.

It was about that time that I suddenly had an epiphany. I suddenly realized, it was all bull shyt. All those years I'd lived in fear were over nothing but lies. And that realization started to piss (can I say that?) me off big time. And I assure you, all this fear mongering about 2012 is all bull shyt too. Complete hogwash! And all the other fear mongering... it's all bogus. The real threats are the ones they don't tell us about. The NWO threat? That's as real as rain. That's where we need to be focusing our attention... there and on the $14 trillion that the NWO bastards have stolen from the good American people in the last 6 months. They haven't told you about those ones, have they?

Stay focused folks. Keep your eyes on the target. They're trying to distract you and it's working like a charm. SNAP OUT OF IT! Use your energies for the real battles that lie before us today, not the phantom ones 2 years away. I'm tellin' you, this is the oldest trick in the book!

If they keep you in fear... they'll get their way and win. If you give yourself a slap, wake yourself up to common sense and isolate the real dangers from the phony ones... you win. You've taken away their weapon.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

The predictions for the next Solar maximum have been upgraded since Kaku's interview. It is now predicted that it will occur in 2013.

May 8, 2009 -- The Solar Cycle 24 Prediction Panel has reached a consensus decision on the prediction of the next solar cycle (Cycle 24). First, the panel has agreed that solar minimum occurred in December, 2008. This still qualifies as a prediction since the smoothed sunspot number is only valid through September, 2008. The panel has decided that the next solar cycle will be below average in intensity, with a maximum sunspot number of 90. Given the predicted date of solar minimum and the predicted maximum intensity, solar maximum is now expected to occur in May, 2013. Note, this is a consensus opinion, not a unanimous decision. A supermajority of the panel did agree to this prediction.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

There is disagreement about the number of sunspots expected and the level of activity. Some expect a relatively low number of sunspots and intensity, others think differently.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've heard the end of the mayan calander is 28 oct 2011 anyway.

www.mayanmajix.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
Stay focused folks. Keep your eyes on the target. They're trying to distract you and it's working like a charm. SNAP OUT OF IT! Use your energies for the real battles that lie before us today, not the phantom ones 2 years away. I'm tellin' you, this is the oldest trick in the book!

Just my personal opinions based on my own research and observations, some of which was gained through a lot of business travel in the USA.

There are things to pay close attention to.

The economic slide is continuing, thousands losing jobs weekly, few or no new jobs or opportunities are being made available. Water shortages are often overlooked and will be a significant problem in the western USA soon, the state of California appears to be the first and possibly worst in what will likely be a domino effect across the nation. Urban chaos is going to happen unless there are some miracles.... These issues among others are more than enough reason to be "prepared" you do not want to be trapped in an urban area when it finally all breaks down... Despite all efforts to prevent this it is already happening, especially in areas where unemployment is already greater than 25% and is growing, areas in California that are already hit particularly hard are now facing water shortages when the state has already warned may prevent the use of water for agriculture... Add that to an already dire situation and you can begin to see the inevitable.

The economic situation on a global scale is much the same, perhaps worse depending on nation and location etc. I have personally seen enough to motivate me to be prepared for the worst some months ago, though I had never imagined that on top of all of this that we'd also be dealing with a potential pandemic.

If H1N1 does mutate and come back in the fall, adding itself to an already collapsing economy being prepared for survival alone may not be good enough... You should also consider a plan to escape the urban environment all together... Being away from the cities and towns and being prepared to live at a safe distance for an extended period of time could be immensely important to your survival.

My friends I am not a fear monger, nor do I wish only to post negativity here, I am simply stating my personal opinions based on my own research and observations... The times that lie ahead could ultimately be the greatest test of human survival skills EVER.

It is still possible that through the printing of massive amounts of money, endless bailouts of industries and financial institutions and the creation of vaccines ALL of this can be avoided.

Are YOU willing to do nothing in the hope that it all works?

If you are waiting for the fantasy events of 2012 to come true, you could be missing very real threats that you should be prepared for.

new topics

join