It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something stinks and its bothering me a lot more lately.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Something stinks and its bothering me a lot more lately.

What you ask? Let me explain.

Lets start with where i am from. I am from jersey city, NJ. I am around a lot of people, i interact with a lot of people, i converse with a lot of people, and in these conversations i have, most of the time, i talk about whats happening in the world. i like to have unusual conversations, and that's my personality.(im naturally curious.) I don't like to talk about what game was played that day, or who won, but more like, "do you feel the tension in the air lately?" or "do you think what the News tells is true?"

To be honest, i found it rare that someone who took the news seriously, and ive noticed more and more that the people feel like the MSM thinks their stupid. the sad fact is, its true. the media is nit picking what to play out on TV. the people are noticing, and are now turning off their TV sets and turning to blogs or online news sites for their information.

Today in class, (college) i engaged the classroom in discussion briefly regarding our so called trusted news sources. it was interesting hearing their thoughts, because their view of the media was the same with mine. i always thought the sheeple had their heads in the sand.... boy was i wrong.

i somehow feel that this tension building up within our cities and states are coming to a tipping point. I had asked the class if there was a conflict within the states and it was homegrown, would you fight like our grandfathers fought? an Erie silence filled the room, and i feel that i may know why.

they were SCARED. they felt fear, they felt as if it would be useless to fight. (at least that's the vibe i got from them, could of been different with a different group)

I felt so sad and depressed after wards, i couldn't continue the conversation because the professor showed up. i wanted to get more information from them, to get a better understanding of my own.

When we had our 10 minute break, some had approached me outside when i was smoking a cig, and asked me what i thought about the swine flu and what the media is doing with it. I told them that 150,000 people die annually due to TB and regular flu. 2 million die per year due to aids but the MSM doesn't cover them religiously like they have done in the past 2 weeks with this flu. then i asked them what do they think. their immediate reaction was again, silence, like they didn't know how to react to something like that. then they had looks on their faces... faces of anger.

what i gained from this little Q&A was that the people (at least these students) KNOW whats going on and that they are being fed lies in some way shape or form, but they don't really know how to change it or do anything about it because they do feel a bit overwhelmed by the idea that the MSM is playing them for fools. but it was a short interaction and i cant cast a judgment with a small group.

furthermore, id like to add is that if most citizens are aware of the fallacy of the news, and the corruption of the government, how much further does the average joe have to be pushed before joe pushes back?

I don't think it will take much more. were walking on glass people, a little more pressure, and were all going to fall through...

Just thinking about the helplessness of the deceived makes me sick... and i wish i could help more...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

IMHO, the only way to help is to be a voice of reason. There's a lot going on in the forefront that isn't of any consequence, and I think people feel that even though they don't recognize it outright. There's a couple of big things moving in the background that aren't readily apparent. I get the feeling that what we are experiencing is a huge feint of collective items that take our attention off of a more sinister agenda, and people that don't see it at least instinctively feel it. The 5th column is in place, and ready to activate against the people. There is also a 6th column that's being set up in case the 5th fails, or fails to do it's job properly.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

IMHO, the only way to help is to be a voice of reason. There's a lot going on in the forefront that isn't of any consequence, and I think people feel that even though they don't recognize it outright. There's a couple of big things moving in the background that aren't readily apparent. I get the feeling that what we are experiencing is a huge feint of collective items that take our attention off of a more sinister agenda, and people that don't see it at least instinctively feel it. The 5th column is in place, and ready to activate against the people. There is also a 6th column that's being set up in case the 5th fails, or fails to do it's job properly.

I agree, things that are in play are hidden. the people see that though, and i try to be the voice of reason.

its like a 7 layered cake. what the news plays is just the frosting, and the mystery layers lay beneath. we don't know what the flavors are, what its made of, but all we see is the frosting, and we make a judgment based on that... the news says its a good cake, but hey, the news said it was good, although chances are, it could be poison cake... and were eating it like the suckers we are.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ugie, there is probably more than one reason you school friends didn't get into your conservation and be more open.

Look at the area you live in. I mean no disrespect to the Jersey/NYC area but it is a tight lipped area.

First time I went to NYC I was told to not look anyone in the eye while in the city. Being a mouthy southern gal that freaked me a bit.

Even on the Jersey Parkway I was told not to look at the people in the car next to us.

Another reason some people will not discuss standing up for their rights is that you just don't advertise you are militant.

You have to go to places where freedom and constitutional rights are talked about. You have to change your play grounds and your play mates.

Let it slip that you are dissatisfied concerning our political climate. Don't talk too much. Just talk enough to turn the right persons ear.

Visit pawn shops regularly. Go to gun shows. Go to libraries and live in the area where the books are that concern your interest.

It's a long process. If you will be diligent in your endeavor you won't have to find anyone with your same beliefs.......they will find you.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

its funny because i am one of them, i look at my fellow citizen in the eye, i do look at others while driving on the parkway, i do engage in other social events, but this one in general was interesting. students of all people, turning their heads when in fact they should be speaking up.

I am one of them, i am from here, they are my brothers and sisters. if am who i am, they have the same potential. regardless of which area they come from.

I like your ideas on where to socialize though. i do agree it is a tight lipped area, but i don't think your 100% right on that. people do in fact speak their minds here, its just that they don't voice them politically.

Ill be back later. i have to go to work, i will re-visit this thread and try to make it a little clearer.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I realize joe ain't gonna push back until his back is pushed through the Wall...and it goes alot deeper than that, I wish to state here. The Amer Revolution seemed to 'accomplish' something...a sort of freedom and independence. No, it did not...the two sides are now in bed with one another...it's just that, they takes turns with who's on top. And Joe ain't entirely stupid...he realizes this in her/his gut, and realize that to change things, it's bloodshed, most likely useless bloodshed, and nixes it with that old comfortable 'fear and complacency.'

Here you go, Grand Read...(sorry, you will need an intellect and some effort/contemplation to get through this read...one page):

Jupiter, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and the Return of the Mongols
Link not working...ats does not want you to see this page (org): Try this (consolidate the url in your browser, please):
http: // cassiopaea. org/cass/Laura-Knight-Jadczyk/article-lkj-04-03-06-k.htm

Suggest Passing it On.

Brace Up, Earthlings: Two Faces...coming at Ya.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thats funny,who told ya all that stuff?are we Njer's veiwed as Devils or scitzo's or something?...
I'm below the M-D line in jersey though..any further south I'll get wet..

cdi

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

hi ugie1028
i am in the uk and i certainly get what you are saying. people are scared especially of too much information from the media. most i know distrust and take with a pinch of salt what is told to them. it is as if they are reluctant to pursue topics any further than superficially dipping ones toe in the water. with all the pressures in life for them to conform to the constraints of society who can blame them? media and politicians go hand in hand with their layering tricks to confound and confuse people with one story after another after another. even so i feel people are coming round to their tricks and silences on information that matters more than the usual majority crap tickered out. it also seems that the phrase 'burying the bad news' is being utilised with more momentum.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think we are more dependant upon the system than at any time in our past , i think that statement holds up , whatever nationality we happen to be.

By dependant , i mean the lack of personal food security , ownership of arable land etc and the skill set necessary to survive without external intervention.

I think in the past ,in our Grandparents time , a sense of community was as much a necessity as it was some fuzzy warm choice.
We needed to co-operate to survive ,to share equipment ,labour ect. Todays "splendid isolation" is a product of having our needs meet by those other than our immediate neighbours and community .

It is this disconnect which must be remedied ,its not an impossible task, but if i am to defend/help ect ., i really should know the person(s). Rural communities would still have a tighter group perhaps than those in cities and suburbs.

This is where our strength always lay ,as individuals we can do only so much ...... the community is an entirely different beast to deal with altogether.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People dont always say what they really think on a subject especially if it was cause them to get ridiculed or hurt perhaps. I guarantee you ask someone what they are thinking they will never tell you the full truth because the person asking will tease/ridicule or something else.

I've acted like I don't give a you know what about many thing because I know that if I agree or acted like i agree the outcome would be bad.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People don't know which way to turn also, they can see the whole house of cards falling around them, the house of cards which they have grown up to believe was there to protect them and give them some security, now that security is looking weaker than it ever has been.

Not everyone has the will or strength to fight back, take guns for instance, they are seeing the stirrings of revolution, one side the Governments and the other heavily armed Militia groups and citizens arming themselves to the teeth convinced something is going to give, a lot of people are getting the feeling they are going to be stuck right in the middle, and they are unsure what they are going to be in the middle of.

One side supposed to Govern for the benefit of everyone, on the other people wanting to topple the only thing they have ever known, out of that what happens to them and their Families, there seems to be no reassurances from either side, that the American people will not suffer, people see things are wrong, people are worried the solution will be worse than the problem.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I always like to stir up people. My new thing now is everytime I go to a store or restraunt and I pay the bill, I say to the person we might as well buy whatever we want because they money will be worthless in a few years anyway. Then they either agree because they get it or they ask me questions then I use it to rile some dissent in them.

It gives me a warm feeling all over.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
well, i'm 56 and each generation has had that "tipping point" feeling. during the cuban missle crisis in the kennedy presidency, there was a hell of alot more fear in this country then there is now. bomb shelters were built, communities had underground safe-shelters that you could get to in a couple of minutes, we practiced the rediculous "dive under your desk" procedure at our schools...lets just say it was tense. i even remember my folks had gas masks along with a small survivoir kit ready to go. rational thought was in short supply during that time. people have a tendency to create their own anxiety and this causes problems. remaining calm and using critical thinking skills is the antedote to this "tipping point fear".

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
....... people are worried the solution will be worse than the problem.

That is an excellent point .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its difficult to feel ownership of a usurping concept, ideal etc , when it is on such a scale , with so many unknowns, pulling in a multitude of directions .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible for a whole citizenry to suffer from " Stockholm Syndrome "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ha! Ha! You're a really funny guy. I once heard Jimmy Carter speak to a full lecture hall of university students where he exhorted these poor kids to "Get out there and do something... NOW!" He said that when you graduate you will get jobs and be reluctant to do what you can do now as students with no repercussions from "The Man". What a crock of guano. Schools from kindergarten to college are nothing more than filters to find out who are "with us and who are against us". I spoke out back in the 60's and 70's and still pay the "price" today.

Those kids were smart. They probably sized you up to be CIA/FBI or some other agent that was looking for "trouble makers". I like those kids. Maybe I should move to Jersey. Seems like those Jersey folks know "wazzup" in the "land of the free home of the brave".

Amo 5:13 Therefore he who is prudent will keep silent in such a time, for it is an evil time.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I am 59 and I recall those days well. And there was a palpable sense of fear in the air at all times. But the sense of fear that I am detecting at this time is different. It is a subtle undercurrent that keeps people from knowing where the danger is coming from. During the cold war we knew which way to look. Now it seems as thought we are surrounded buy some unnamable evil that is ever pushing us toward slavery or destruction. God help us all! But there is a 5th column. There is an underground that will fight when the time comes.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
SS,Naga,

thanks for the link, i will find some time to sift through it. seems like they were infiltrated and made to converge with one another. at least that's how it seems like. star for you

CDI,

sometimes its good to grab a different perspective... you have to be open-minded. you can just look at something with a single angle. BTW i totally agree! star 4 u.

samus,

i agree with what you said, its our community that's going to help us move forward... not the politicians... the system is tarnished, it needs to be... well for lack of a better word. re-formatted and installed with a constitution 2.0... same with the old one, but with more detail on how monetary systems cannot be let out of hand, or set to a gold/silver standard.

jimmy,

i wish i had our experience, im only 24, and i feel more like a leader today then i have ever had since i know what i need to know... but experience, that's what im missing. your history in the situations give you a very different perception, but im trying my best to not only see through my eyes.

Kdog,

what was so funny? my post was a bit serious, could you elaborate more on the humor of all this?

move to NJ? this is one of the most liberal states in the union... you have to go through a bunch of background checks JUST to get your hunting license, and you have to go though a grueling process... it was so bad, i didn't even bother... soon as im able to get out of here, im moving to Texas... or a place that's more republican/constitutionalists then anything.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

back ground checks for a hunting liscence?when did this happen??Never heard of such a thing in this state..

And this states kids are just arrogant ass holes..They dont know there ass from a hole in the ground...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

nice to see that it takes one to know one...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

case in point..How to get your hunting license in NJ..
Dont see any back ground checks..
www.njfishandwildlife.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join