It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't give up your faith - we are on the brink of first contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

This is merely a message of hope, and wise words at that. It's not as though he's coming out and saying "On this date at this place, such and such will happen." The OPs post is greatly refreshing amongst the rampant pseudo intellectualism and closed minded skepticism on this board.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I am a firm believer that religion is the problem and the fear of "what if?" if someone's God is disproved.

Richard Hoagland rightly pointed out, many fear religious wars over a potential existence of another intelligent race. "God created Man in his image...", then picture the reaction if "God" was a walking, talking mortal like you and I?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This last month has been an interesting experiment, whether by accident or planned. What I am talking about is just a small example or sampling of the bigger picture that this board provided.

This...

When the swine flu story broke, all attention was diverted to it. This board exploded in flu threads, one after the other. What seemed to disappear or at least dissipate was the threads on UFO/Aliens among other things.

This was a perfect distraction. Now back to our regularly scheduled doom and gloom.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"soon...soon..." It used to be a lunatic with a sign reading "the end of the world is nigh" wandering the streets. Now that we're in the days of the internets, its everyone and their mother with a website promising something just about to happen any minute now: pole shifts, solar flares wiping out the earth, photon belts (remember that one?), mass landings, etc, etc, etc. Does any of it ever ever ever happen? I think you know the answer.

What is everyone going to do when the clock hits Jan 1 2013 and nothing at all has happened? Its obvious: find a new "prophecy" about something thats just about to happen in, oh, lets say 2020 (there must be some significance to the double number!), put up websites about it, sell books, go on talk shows, etc. In other words: business as usual. It gives us a way to avoid the reality of today, wishing or worrying about tomorrow.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedSnapper
reply to post by fleabit

This is merely a message of hope, and wise words at that. It's not as though he's coming out and saying "On this date at this place, such and such will happen." The OPs post is greatly refreshing amongst the rampant pseudo intellectualism and closed minded skepticism on this board.

I'm all for hope, this board is often ground-zero for doom & gloom of every flavor. This just rings too much like some of the other like-minded posts I've seen, that goes along the lines of: "The aliens are coming / here, but you can ONLY see and know them if you are 'special' in some way. If you are spritually 'aware' and full of hope and peace and love and fluffy bunnies and unicorns, then you may get permission to see them!"

This in my mind, versus ufology, is akin to astronomy versus astrology. And while you see it as a hope message, I consider it rather condenscending.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

then picture the reaction if "God" was a walking, talking mortal like you and I?

Well, judging by ancient scriptures, the being/s called God/s was apparently both walking, talking and made of flesh and blood, but definitely not "Mortal" in Human sense, so to speak.

Judging by the claimed lifespans of those 'gods', these same Creators could very well be the same ones arriving on the "first" contact.

These beings would still be "God-like" in many aspects, however the greatest issue for many people would perhaps be to see "God" appear in a Space-suit, stepping out from an Intergalactic Spaceship.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"God created Man in his image...", then picture the reaction if "God" was a walking, talking mortal like you and I?

That is a bit of a straw man, because that's not the nature of reality nor would disclosure be perceived in that way.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I enjoyed this message. Something about it rings true for me. Don't know what it is but I am sticking with my intuition. I have read so many other things during the past 5 years... always something didn't sit right with me. But this does. Go figure.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else on here but the thing that REALLY irks me about the UFO thing is that the official announcement will probably come the day AFTER I "Croak Off".

I know deep down inside they are real, they have been here, they are here but it sure would be nice (and the true right of every American) if someone official would just come clean and get it over with. I am not sure if it was true but I read somewhere the government at some time had commissioned a study by the Brookings Institute who basicly said "You can't handle the truth". If the report of the study was real, whoever made that estimation was a blithering idiot totally out of touch with the capability of the human psyche to deal with whatever they are faced with.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i think you mean common sense

hey everyone is up for buying into this stuff, its interesting and great fun to look at.
Reality is that its all a joke cooked up by crackpots and loons who to this day have never found one picture movie or document. Not because their dumb from what i have seen some are very intelligent.
I have even seen people who investigate UFO's who have a college degree!
Now if they cant get their hands on anything and they have brains there is now way some other scatterbrain local yocal will ever find anything let alone their own car keys.

We all love the topic of ufos but most of us are just not idiots who buy into what dumb people say anymore. Its old but still fun like a hobby and it always will be.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with the message, I always say "You never blow a good source".

I do think with every sighting being picked apart detail by detail so many are becoming confused and tired of the search. I have seen things that seemed so obvious but were later easily discarded, yet some cannot be ignored. I am a believer.

I also feel a sense of urgency, something very different than I have felt before. I am 50 and this is not some panic of youth with me. I do think that it is very possible that there is going to be some sort of global awakening. Something big is on the horizon, only a fool could look at today's world and not know that the buck has to stop somewhere.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There were some people in every generation that thought they were living in the "end of times".

My parents believed it as did their parents. Today we are more "connected" to the world via media and electronic means that makes it seem to be more intensified.

When the Op states that we are looking through terrestrial eyes, does this mean that the original message giver is spiritual. If so, does that mean that UFO sightings are false because they are seen with terrestrial eyes? Alien planets do not exist because that would be terrestrial?

I believe, but in a rational sense to me. This is not the first nor the last thread showing up on this topic and all I can gather is a wait and see revelation.

My children and their children will hear, see, and question the same philosophy probably. As it was before me, it will be after me.

Maybe one day ......one day

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
@ OP :being a skeptic doesnt mean that the earth is the only source for life in the univers,it simpy means not accepting every bull# about ufo/aliens.
I have seen not even half proof of ET existence,do you?

If yes pls be so kindly to share it with all of us...i am tire reading tons of thread all saying "the aliens are coming" bla bla bla,these threads are only empty words.

p.s. : who is your source?Why all the posts about ufo/aliens always have to be so mysterious?[edit on 9-5-2009 by umbracode]

The Anunnaki are about to arrive. Those who do not like the Anunnaki are also about to arrive. We will be drawn into a galactic war that has been waged for thousands of years. Yes, we are the one's created by DNA mixing by the Anunnaki, but we are sentient beings now. We will have a choice to make and the future of our race and our world will hang in the balance.

So skeptics, go ahead, make a mockery of all this. Have your fun, then stick your heads in the sands and leave your butts exposed, because when you do, then you will truly know the "pain" of disbelieving.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Riposte

Common sense, you do not jeopardise your sources by revealing their identity

Well, maybe, or maybe not "jeopardizing" the source, but maybe many people would just roll their eyes or just totally not believe who/what the source is.

And yeh, it is coming. It's "here" and "here" being relative. We all have our opinions. That's great (and Riposte this isn't directed toward you
but everyone, let's have our opinions but stay positive and just watch. But in the meantime, live your lives to the fullest. Love your families (if you don't have family, love yourself; love life) - it can sometimes be difficult - but look for the beautiful things - which are the simple things - enjoy nature - and just be the best you can. I know this isn't easy for many but try to appreciate any little things - fresh water, enough to eat, a smile, a sunset - and if we can, help those who don't have some of these things to get them. Many times our emotions are our choices. And does this relate to this post? Yes it does.

Peace, everyone

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I find your post insulting. My belief on extraterrestrial visitation is not based on faith but on conjecture supported by circumstantial evidence. There is a difference: I CAN change my mind at any time depending on what else I learn. It is the belief that defines the active process of scientific discovery: Formulate a hypothesis then see whether it fits. As long as evidence continues to come, I remain in the middle of that process not at the end, and my "belief" remains a scientific hypothesis, or a conjecture.

Belief based on faith is only useful in the pursuit of dreams but not in science.

-rrr

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

A strong message. Not sure of the reliability of your "source" but i think we can all agree that we live in a crucial time regarding the history of our human race. All the research I've done points to the current era as being the "awakening" of our species, what that means, we shall soon find out. (IMO, the full realization and disclosure of ET contact, past and present.)

The internet has played a huge part in this and in some respect I think "they" gave us this technology for the "good word" to be spread easily to those who would accept it. I've felt for many years that we would receive "official" disclosure from the US gov't in the coming years, and, the presumed end date of 12/21/12 still looms overhead.

How will all of the prophecies and conspiracy theories tie together? your guess is as good as mine at this point. But, as OP's quote generally states - keep the faith, something big is on the horizon; We know there is life outside of our little planet, and we are probably one of many intelligent species, and, perhaps we are not so intelligent in comparison. It is only a matter of time until we have tangible proof and that proof will bring with it an upheaval of reality as we currently know it.

Cheers guys, Glad to be here on Spaceship Earth with you all.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

then picture the reaction if "God" was a walking, talking mortal like you and I?

Well, judging by ancient scriptures, the being/s called God/s was apparently both walking, talking and made of flesh and blood, but definitely not "Mortal" in Human sense, so to speak.

Judging by the claimed lifespans of those 'gods', these same Creators could very well be the same ones arriving on the "first" contact.

These beings would still be "God-like" in many aspects, however the greatest issue for many people would perhaps be to see "God" appear in a Space-suit, stepping out from an Intergalactic Spaceship.

hahah, well said mate. the way i see it, the bible is full of symbolic references to ETs and related craft visiting us in ancient times, enlightening us to the ways of intelligent species. Perhaps Jesus was a half-bred "God" who passed on the teachings of our creator(s) with hopes of breeding a new intelligent species of their own.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Come on Fox, you can do better than that.

This second line is filled with alienated sarcasm.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Before the thread is attacked, the source message cannot be located anywhere else on the internet. Tried tracing it to other forums, nothing.

So this is not another Galactic Federation thread with a cut and paste job.

Well of course, I assume Spooky Fox Mulder made it all up himself, just like his other thread, or his source is making it up and he's putting faith into it.

There really isn't anything new in this message anyway. If the source wants people to keep believing, then the source is going to have to give a bit more than a really simple have faith message.

Also what's the point of this message? If an event will happen that will prove alien life, then people will believe without having to read this thread?

But I'll let that thought go and give him a chance I guess. I'm usually right with these things.

No offence Spooky, carry on, just letting thoughts out, I do not know anything 100%, so I'll be watching, good luck.

Peace.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
...oh if I had the time or memory.....
this op, is religious propaganda type speech. It was used back when Smith or the first Smith suckered those people in New England to sell everything and prepare for the end.....never happened and they moved out west to become the Morman's or something. Jones in "somethingtown" probably used speech like this.
For those of you that are anti-religion that bought into this....you now should be able to understand how "religious" people you scoffed at believe what they believe.
It has all the markers, all the scripting. Great post to self assess where you fall in the Rev. Jim Jones suseptibility range.
Me...very Christian, believe in ET, believe in objective proof. (read as, live in the real world)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join