It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Israel will never withdraw from Golan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What a way to deal with peace issues - Yeah - "we want peace with Syria, but we wont give anything for it... And we dont count on it." --- Israel way of making peace, diplomacy - what a joke!

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a group of Russian-language reporters Thursday that Israel will never withdraw from the Golan Heights.

"Remaining on the Golan will ensure Israel has a strategic advantage in cases of military conflict with Syria," Netanyahu said during a briefing he gave to the reporters.

His comments were published Friday on several Russian-language Israeli Web sites.
A week-and-a-half out from Netanyahu's scheduled visit to Washington, the prime minister stressed that he is ready to stand up to U.S. President Barack Obama and that he would not give up on matters that in his opinion are critical to Israel's security.

www.haaretz.com...

Bibi: Israel will never return Golan
www.presstv.ir...

AND MOST IDIOT TO THE END:
Blair: Netanyahu can be a peacemaker
www.jpost.com...

- Yeah, right - "What you can see, what I cant see?"

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That is typical blair, stating that this man is a peacemaker, when we know he is a hard liner. Did blair do anything at all in the peace process at all, i cannot remember one thing.

Nothing really to be said about this as we all know what Netanyahu is like, towards anyone against israel.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
--- Israel way of making peace, diplomacy - what a joke!

AND MOST IDIOT TO THE END:

- Yeah, right - "What you can see, what I cant see?"

Janus -- not a criticism, just a suggestion. If your goal is to present a story and then discuss/debate it, you might try leaving out the emotionally charged statements and insults.

You really don't leave me anything to talk about there, except whether I agree with you or not. Perhaps a better thing, to discuss methods and strategy of working out the MIddle East conflict, rather than shifting the discussion to debate personalities.

Just my $0.012 worth (deflation)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is a good way to give a green light for Syria to start a war.

Syria always said that one way or the other they would get back the Golan. They wanted to give a shot at diplomacy, but with Obama increasing sanctions against Syria and Netanyahu saying that kind of BS... you can expect a war.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Besides the obvious strategic advantage of occupying the Golan Heights , there is another.

The rain and snow that falls on the Golan, added to natural spring-water, ultimately provides Israel with about one-third of its fresh water.

This strategic plateau, about 1,200 km sq (460 miles sq) and all of its water resources were lost by Syria in the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. Since then it has been occupied, and annexed, by Israel.

BBC

For such an arid region , security of one third of "your" water supply is worth fighting for , why build expensive de-salination plants when you can annex a fresh water source.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing about Canaan, how about nobody gets it that's the only all the b****ing will ever stop because everybody is pissed. If one side gets there way the other will complain and moan where as if nobody has it what are they fighting for.

I can however understand the fight for Golan being a water source a fight for a water source would happen anywhere on this planet not just there.

Everything that comes out of Netanyahu mouth is B.S. can we get someone from there that isn't a pompous a hole that can actually get something done besides say what the other side wont get.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by jatsc]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And what does Israel get in return for giving back the Heights? Peace? The rest of the Middle East will suddenly become their pals? Somehow I doubt it.

What's Syria giving up again? Syria wants the Heights back? At any price? They should really be careful what they wish for. Who's going to side with Syria on this issue? Jordan? Eygpt? Neither of them want anything to do with a conflict with Israel, they remember only too well what happened the last few times...so should Syria.

I'll ask again, what's Syria giving up?

The Heights are called strategic for a reason. Held by an enemy, they're a dagger aimed right at the heart of Israel. Can't really blame 'em for not being real excited about giving them up.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He said this so it would get in the Arab media and cause a stir.

He knew it would get out, he said it anyways and he knew who he would make mad by saying it.

He is a war monger maybe even worse then Bush.

He needs to be taken out of power!

new topics

top topics

join