It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government wants to add lithium to drinking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Government wants to add lithium to drinking water

www.examiner.com

Japanese scientists have found that lithium in drinking water lowers the rate of suicides.

By conducting a large epidemiological study that spanned the prefecture Oita in southern Japan, scientists were able to gather information from over one million people. They found that areas with higher levels of lithium in the drinking water had fewer suicides. However, even small amounts of lithium managed to lower suicide rates. Scientists speculate that “while these levels were low, there may be a cumulative protective effect on the brain from years of drinking this tap water.” [BBC]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is outright going to send me over the edge.
This is a mind altering drug. SSRI drugs are known to cause suicide and violence in people. Also for easier control.
How many more toxic chemicals are they going to add to drinking water to keep us inline?
Are we headed for a chemical and toxic meltdown.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of that movie "Serenity" where they use something called Pax to curb emotion of the general population.. Those who have seen the movie know how that turned out. No thanks!

[edit on 9/5/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

fluoride for conformity
lithium for anti-depression
salt and pepper for spice

now maybe i can see that i have a job to do...... maybe i should shut up and do it.

[edit on 9/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OMG, they are going to add everythng and control eveyone.

What can we do?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Have a read here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Full thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well a known side effect of Lithium is weight gain, so if the Japanese have been getting heavier the last couple of years, this might explain it.

It might also be that we have Lithium in our water supplies which is why the West have gotten so big too. Would take some research to get to the bottom of that theory though.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Medical people at some time discovered that El Paso Texas had a lower crime rate than other cities of its size and socio economic make up..... Studies that searched for the reason were to find that it was due to the large concentration of Lithium in the water supply ..... Since then Lithium has has been prescribed for Bipolar disorder and to control out burst of anger.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion:

Lithium in water 'curbs suicide'

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join