It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Air traffic in 24 hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The planes there are only civilian aircraft, mostly airliners which are flying on instruments - so obviously light aircraft, and military activity are not shown. The data would be from a source such as the FAA. The US NAVY does not announce where its carriers are nor where and when they are flying... obviously. Either it was an error when it disappeared, there was an island, or the data was wrong...

flightaware.com...

Amazing how much these jets are flown and how little incidents there are, and how far they fly (probably because aviation is the pinnacle of almost everything). Also amazing how far we've come in 100 years.

[edit on 10/5/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
nice find

i wanted to speed up the video to see what it would look like and anyway here it is...

(click to open player in new window)

shared consciousness ? i wonder if we could see the exchanges of information on the internet would it look similar?
i think about ants all sharing a common sense...
i think about the planet as a brain, starting to wake up...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I liked the video sped up. Interesting to see how it's really congested in three major areas...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Hey 2tC, thanks for doing that it looks great.

i wonder if we could see the exchanges of information on the internet would it look similar?

I actually posted a link on the previous page where you can kinda do that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm assuming the simulated video excludes UFOs right?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'm assuming the simulated video excludes UFOs right?

That is correct, it is simply a simulation of all commercial flights over a 24hr period.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That is pretty cool! Looks like most traffic is to and from Europe. I never really knew how many planes were out until I lived right under the path of the Daytona Beach airport. I was in my apt the first day and heard this rumble which made me jump and realized it was a plane. Well it would have been ok once but it was like every 30 mins to an hour. They were going out over the ocean and it happened to be right over my head. The airport was about 10mins from my house. I can only imagine a bigger airport like Orlando or JFK, DB is fairly small but there were still planes coming in and out all the time. Usually you couldnt hear them but where I was there was no traffic noise so it was more noticeable. I got use to it and didnt pay much attention later on.

Thanks for the video!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join