It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most young adults think chipping their children is beneficial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I doubt chipping a child will take off with everyone. Every christian will be saying a whopping loud no, unless they missed this passage of the bible:

"If any man worship the beast and his image,
and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God.." followed by an awful lot of bad stuff.

Back in the day, about 11 years ago when I attended church briefly, I was quoted this passage with the thinking at that time that the mark of the beast would be some kind of identification mark.

Anything that in any way smacks of that passage of the bible will be met with a large wave of protest from this quarter. And if needs be they will start their own campaign aganist this - especially the fundamentalists.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Oh dear! So many personal value judgements!

The issue is that these 'your child is at risk if you don't allow the chip' and 'see, we are only trying to socially engineer humanity for it's own good' arguments are just another way to indoctrinate the young into fully accepting full ID chip implants that will allow them to 'trade' in the modern world!

The majority of parents love their children and will do anything they can to provide for, protect and nurture them.

Allowing government to implant nano technology with unknown (to the general population; can we ever really trust government to provide 100% freedom of information?) capacity for harm, into those we are sworn, in heart and mind, to do the best by, is anathema to responsible parenting.

And why should anyone agree to themselves or those they are responsible for to be implanted just because some individuals or groups of individuals have judged other individuals as undesirable?

Where will this end? Social eugenics?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Most people outside ATS I believe will get chipped without even thinking about it.

Most people here, I believe will at least put up a good fight before getting chipped

People who won't get chipped will be automatically a terrorist, how about that?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
The day we get microchips is the day we have given up.

Fight against it. It is a way for people to control you.

This seems like the NWO or whatever, trying to take over everyone else.l

interesting. . . . given up ehh...

we are on the verge of melding mind and machine and you are worried about tracking chips in the kids. . . . .

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
1. I think it's a bit extreme to get a chip surgically implanted in one's child, but as one person has already said THIS IS ABOUT LOCATOR BRACELETS. So everyone who is freaking out and quoting St John's Revelation like coked-out street preachers wearing sandwichboards can just stop right now. Deep breaths, people. Take a chill pill.

2. I personally wouldn't have a problem putting a GPS bracelet on my young child. If it meant the difference between finding her alive in a kidnap situation or finding her corpse days later, it would be well worth it.

Likewise, if someone was willing to pay for a locator bracelet for me to wear, and for my wife to be custodian of the receiver unit, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

3. What does any of this have to do with religion????

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lurkerzrule
Chipping my son is out of the question.

Heck, I went ballistic when I went to eat lunch with him last year and found out they were using thumb scanners to pay for their meals.

Just watching 6 year olds obediently placing their thumbs on a scanner sent chills down my spine.

(Edit for lack of coffee)

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Lurkerzrule]

Two words to start off... Nancy Grace.

If they had that crap in our school district I would go ballistic.

They introduced thumb scanners into Cub Foods, a midwestern (and further?) grocery store.

Over the course of about 1½ years I watched the introduction and continued availability but no one ever use one while I was in line. I always commented how offensive they are since all stores these days are bugged and have video cameras covering every square inch of the store.

Walmart has taken to putting up countless 42" flatscreen TV's all over their store broadcasting WallyBS drivel that I've noted everyone ignores... But I digress... Cub Foods has finally taken the thumb scanners off of their check out counters. I asked the checker what happened to them all; her reply was as I expected, no one ever used them. A big fat silent FU to them by the public.

They obviously installed them in your school to indoctrinate your children into the wonders and convenience of thumb scanning. WooT.

OK one more rant that is somewhat related... I decided to go survival shopping since things are looking grim (per Celente's claims); I pulled some hundred dollar bills from the bank and went to Lowes for some hardware...
Nothing significant but when I paid CASH, she asked for my phone number. I said why do you need my phone number?

Seems to me they are so desperate to tie every freaking transaction to someone, even when paying cash they have to know who you are and what you are buying. I'm a Christian and MofoGD them straight to hell.

They want my phone number in case I need to return something without a receipt while paying cash. Infuriating! to say the least.

Any takers on why they REALLY want my phone number? Or was she hitting on me?

EDIT To ask this: You've seen pictures of the implantable RFID's... What happens when you trip and fall onto the implant and it shatters causing internal bleeding or even worse... what kinds of materials are they made from? The contents would be safe to release into the victims blood stream? Would crushing one of these cause a quick death from heavy metal poisoning?

[edit on 5·15·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
2. I personally wouldn't have a problem putting a GPS bracelet on my young child. If it meant the difference between finding her alive in a kidnap situation or finding her corpse days later, it would be well worth it.

Why not just have your child wear a T-Shirt that says something like "Brink's Security Chip Inside!" or "This child currently monitored by ADT"

Fear can make YOU do things that you normally wouldn't. Thanks Nancy Grace. Nice ratings too.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Why not just have your child wear a T-Shirt that says something like "Brink's Security Chip Inside!" or "This child currently monitored by ADT"

Fear can make YOU do things that you normally wouldn't. Thanks Nancy Grace. Nice ratings too.

I'm talking about a locator bracelet, which was actually the device in question in the original post. All you easily-spooked tinfoil-hat wearers in this thread seem to be freaking out about a phenomenon (of surgically implanting chips into children) which doesn't actually EXIST yet.

So, yeah, you're right. You lot have clearly demonstrated that FEAR can make a person freak out about things that aren't even happening.

Why would I not want a device which enables me to find my child at a moment's notice? I don't know who ADT are. I'm just talking about a device which only I, or my wife, would have the means to track. It's just a practical common-sense thing, not fear.

So take your sarcastic garbage somewhere else, you clown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join