It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Are Hispanic Living In America, You Just Might Be A Jew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just a couple of points here. Hebrew means a descendent of Eber. Semitic means a descendant of Shem. These are genealogical terms. Jewish means an adherent to a certain belief system.

Today, there are very few who call themselves Jewish who are actually descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The promise that Abraham would be ‘the father of many nations’ is obviously fulfilled however.

That being said, it’s just as obvious that everyone wants to be ‘the chosen people’. Everyone want to be special. But God could ‘take the very rocks and raise up descendents to Abraham’. God doesn’t care about your genes, he cares about your heart condition toward Him and others. It’s a spiritual kingdom.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by spearhead

As the duly appointed representative of Above Hispanics LLC I must inform you that this joke hurt to read. Please make sure that you have Jews writing for you in the future. We made Mencia do it.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by projectvxn]

Mencia is a Turkish hack. Any Mexican attracted to a Judaic religion that wishes to be part of the upper acolytes be advised you are not of pure Israeli stock and therefore not much better than a heathen.
Good luck OP with your choices. I just find it funny some people go from believing a man was god's son to then believe he was just a normal guy. All because they're getting married or because they're interested in some spiritual promotion.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Zealott]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If instead of Jews this was about Celts, Eastern Orthodox, North Africans, whatever - no alarm bells or call for discussion on a conspiracy site.

Jews are tiny population (1 out of every 500,000 people in the world) who have kept close connections and in the face of enormous adversity and successive attempts at extermination.

And they often excel notably in their chosen fields!

So the default reasoning of those with little to be proud of is there must be some malign abusive component for them to be so strong, united and unyielding.

By implication, any connection to them, by birth or chosen association, is immediately suspect.

Those suspicious or outright Jew haters outnumber Jews and their sympathizers by factors of ten.

The reason so Jews felt the need to go in drag as Christians over the centuries.

Mike

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

If instead of Jews this was about Celts, Eastern Orthodox, North Africans, whatever - no alarm bells or call for discussion on a conspiracy site.

Jews are tiny population (1 out of every 500,000 people in the world) who have kept close connections and in the face of enormous adversity and successive attempts at extermination.

And they often excel notably in their chosen fields!

So the default reasoning of those with little to be proud of is there must be some malign abusive component for them to be so strong, united and unyielding.

By implication, any connection to them, by birth or chosen association, is immediately suspect.

Those suspicious or outright Jew haters outnumber Jews and their sympathizers by factors of ten.

The reason so Jews felt the need to go in drag as Christians over the centuries.

Mike

In the face of adversity and extermination they still find a way to succeed in their own chosen fields.
Which came fist the chicken or the egg?
What I mean is (And this is absolutely no reason for genocide .) It's no fluke the Jews were persecuted or targeted throughout history and regions.
The question is why?
I have some thoughts as to that. But that would be derailing.
My question is.. Why do so many Christians feel compelled to convert. Or rather. Why is that such a popular story. For some reason I feel like I've been exposed to this story of christian converting to Jew many times over.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There is a myth Jews only intermarry. In fact, now Jews marry outside their faith or group more than anyone. Last time I looked, 51% probably more these days.

Conversion to Christianity was an attempt to avoid the incessant persecution by many.

Two people I know grew up not knowing they had a Jewish parent.
A common phenomenon in the 20th Century when passing for Christian might mean the difference between life and death.

So hard to quantify who is a Jew or part-Jew. If it mattered. The Nazi definition was minimum one Jewish grandparent. The reality of who has some Jewish blood, inevitably mixed with that of local Christians, is a question no one will ever answer.

As for the persecution question. We are aware of it because Jews survived intact for two millenia. Others were killed off or absorbed.

No one talks about the Carthaginians. They didn't make it into the present.
No one talks about the Kurds, Bahai, the Picts in Scotland, dozens of submerged or annihilated groups in Asia, like the Ainu in Japan. They're history or vestiges now. But all manners of malice were attributed to them in their day.

We're instiictively tribal and take cultural and appearance differences as threats. We have people here right now who immediately gravitate towards demonization of alien groups.

Israel controls the world. Sure. They only managed to get a foothold on crappy strip of desert they had to guilt the British out of. They still have to fight tooth and nail with genocidal Arab who have 100 times more land and half the oil in the world.

Hating Jews is an easy deflection from looking at one's own shortcomings. Blame somebody else.

Let's exterminate the Jews, than peace, brotherhood and prosperity will be restored. Good news, the Iranian mullahs are working on it.

Mike

[edit on 10-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just looking over this past thread, it's pretty sad to see how easily people are influenced by religion, several-thousand year-old texts written in a time of wild superstition, etc. What's so great about being related to some group of people who lived 2000 years ago? Because they were God's chosen people? Doesn't that seem outrageously arrogant, shallow, and despicable for a divine creature to pick and choose favorites? I imagine there exists in every "proud to be a jew" person, an unspoken feeling of guilty indulgence in thinking him/herself superior.

On the other hand it is exciting to believe one thing your whole life, and have it suddenly change one day. Even something that only affects you as far as you think about it. But seriously it does not matter too much. (Gattaca comes to mind!) At the end of the day, the degree of your determination will always be the biggest factor in what you can do.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well there were jews in Jamaica tghat sided and intermarried with the maroons. They fled to Jamiaca after the time of Columbus. most of them left the religion and converted to Xtianity.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The fact that Jewish people fled Spain to the Americas is well known. Quite a few Jewish families converted to Catholicism but continued to practice Jewish custom in private. There are many families here in New Mexico that can trace their lineage back to these people. As for Christopher Columbus being born in Italy. I think it is important to remember that Rome controlled Jerusalem for many years and took people from there as well as other places as slaves, some wilingly served in the military to gain citizenship, and those people were sent to all parts of the Roman empire.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I could say same about Italians, Germans, French, or most of Europe.

Thanks Rome.
edit on 10-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join