It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Christian school tells student to skip prom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf
reply to post by tinfoilman

I was wondering if he decided to ignore their threats on purpose, so he would be expelled and go to a normal public school.

He may not agree with the Baptist-Christian ideals they're forcing on him. Parents should not be allowed to send kids to religious schools. The children get no choice over the matter, they're forcibly indoctrinated.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Epic Wolf]

Same thing with a secular school. Either way it doesn't matter. Both teach facts along with some of their own propaganda on the side. What's the diff? Either way you're forcing them to go to some school either way.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
Same thing with a secular school. Either way it doesn't matter. Both teach facts along with some of their own propaganda on the side. What's the diff? Either way you're forcing them to go to some school either way.

What propaganda would that be? Facts are facts.

Kids go to school to learn. I agree some might mess up on purpose to get out of school, but in the case I'm talking about, he's trying to escape religion forced upon him. You (usually) won't find that in a secular public school.

The diff is that one is forcing religion on him, and their own crazy ideals. Rules in secular schools are for safety and for the system to work smoothly. The rules in the private school in question are arbitrary and serve no purpose.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf

Originally posted by tinfoilman

What propaganda would that be? Facts are facts.

Kids go to school to learn. I agree some might mess up on purpose to get out of school, but in the case I'm talking about, he's trying to escape religion forced upon him. You (usually) won't find that in a secular public school.

The diff is that one is forcing religion on him, and their own crazy ideals. Rules in secular schools are for safety and for the system to work smoothly. The rules in the private school in question are arbitrary and serve no purpose.

Alright you're a big supporter of public schools. Cause nothing ever goes wrong there right? Hey, a school is a school and for the most part the kids come out dumb as rocks either way. They can't think for themselves and many people are walking around with diplomas and don't even know how to read. So, yeah. I wouldn't put too much faith in public schools either.

As for propaganda? Well when I was in school I remember being taught things like how the free market and greedy corporations are a good thing, but that same free market doesn't appear to be working for our current economy. Bail outs are what we need now. Invisible hand be damned. Communism is the great evil! Until of course Walmart struck a deal with China. Now they're probably teaching the kids it's not so bad.

I was also taught Columbus discovered America! I bet the natives that were already here would disagree with that, but hey, details right? Don't even get me started on Manifest Destiny and the hoops my teacher had to jump through to justify that mess of land theft. I mean, history class alone is just so full of it and that's just grade school!

Don't fool yourself. So, you're against religion, but just because something isn't religious doesn't mean it's good for you. After all, most schools secular or not are complete crap with teachers that couldn't care less about anything other than the paycheck. Just because it's public doesn't mean it's better and if it's not what's the point in worry about it? A school is a school and they all double as a brainwashing facility in one way or another. Their number one purpose isn't about education. It's about mass conformity. Everyone knows that. Religious or not.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by tinfoilman]

<< 1   >>

join