It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student at Christian School Faces Suspension if He Attends Prom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by spy66

True, and that is why we have to stick up for the schools rights, even if we strongly disagree with their choice. In fact, I think it's when we disagree with their actions such as in this case when it is needed the most.

If I was that kids parent, I'd be all over that school. I'd be like I pay good money for an education, not for control over my kids. And if they didn't change their mind, I would be vocal about pulling my kids of out of the school and why. And I would think that other parents would also do the same.

School is clearly wrong in their choice, but they have every right to make that choice. Such is the price of freedom.

it would seem to me that when you enroll your child in a religious based school, you are trying to not only gain them education in mainstream studies, but also in spiritual studies associated with such a religious based school.

That is what they are doing: teaching their religion.

If the school were to say, "If you use drugs you will be suspended" there would not be as much complaint from the populace. To some religious beliefs, however, dancing is just as debilitative to someone.

I went to a college that didn't allow its students to drink. Many of these students were in their 30's, actually. But if they were seen by any university staff imbibing alchohol, they recieved a 3 day suspension. If you lived in the dorms, that meant you were homeless for 3 days.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well if the parents and such are ok with it, more power to them. It's not my place to decide for the school or the parents. I might not agree with them, but I will stick up for their freedom of choice, as I expect the same.

I doubt I would have sent my kids to that school to begin with. But if someone else wants to send there kids to it, then they will have to abide by the rules, or go somewhere else etc.

Just isn't a place for the public to decide. None of my business. If they try to force me to sending kids to the schools and such, then it becomes my business. But that's not the case here.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well if the parents and such are ok with it, more power to them. It's not my place to decide for the school or the parents. I might not agree with them, but I will stick up for their freedom of choice, as I expect the same.

I doubt I would have sent my kids to that school to begin with. But if someone else wants to send there kids to it, then they will have to abide by the rules, or go somewhere else etc.

Just isn't a place for the public to decide. None of my business. If they try to force me to sending kids to the schools and such, then it becomes my business. But that's not the case here.

Absolutely.

I would never send my child to a Christian school, either. My experience with Christian schools has not be so hot, and based on that I would not deem them fit to educate my family.

But, like you say, that is what makes America great: the freedom of choice combined with the freedom of religion.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yes, go easy on them friends. You might well do some damage with mere words.

Oh: Long live the 50s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join