It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant Nightmares

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
oops edit

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're not on ignore. You just aren't really making much sense or giving advice that I consider helpful.
But I'm sure other people who read the thread might find some use for it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardsBack
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're not on ignore. You just aren't really making much sense or giving advice that I consider helpful.
But I'm sure other people who read the thread might find some use for it.

Thank you

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I just came in for a second so excuse the fact that i did not have the time to read the opening post or the replies for that matter....
I guess i will be back later to give a better read.

Anyway i sympathise with you more than you could imagine.

I lived my early life full of nightmares. It started when i was about 8 and never stopped before my early teens. I think i was 12 at the time...maybe later. I don't remember.

I will not even get into the details right now of what i was dreaming. Just that it was a couple of horrific nightmares i kept seing repeatedly every night.

At some point it got so distressing that even thinking about bedtime was a nightmare. Now that i think about it maybe thats the reason i am an insomniac.

Anyway back to track. When i couldn't take it any more and felt helpless in the fact that my parents could do nothing about it, one night in while in fear i took some strength and made a very deep prayer to god asking i never dreamt in my sleep again.

Guess what: I ALMOST NEVER DREAMT AGAIN ...

My average is about 4 dreams a year and they are mostly innocent, even pleasant at times

What i learned since, through experience and some dramatic incidents or after watching a thriller is that if i felt what was making a bad impresion on me might be trigger to a nightmare was:

I don't want to dream about this specific thing or anything about it.

It has always worked and saved me a lot of trouble!

I hope i was helpfull. If i am indeed give me a u2u

p.s. Please all excuse my rush and the fact i have't been through the thread.

Also you might want to watch this art video i popped in to upload just now.
There is some chance it gave you some possitive energy, hopefully in fighting those nightmares back!

(click to open player in new window)

Take care!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I discovered some years ago that my nightmares were directly associated with temperature. If i was roasting under the covers.. nightmare city. If the room was just right and through the night I am not too hot and not too cold I was fine. But heat really brings it on for me so maybe ensure you are not having moments of the night where you are too hot.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I am usually pretty comfortable at night in terms of temperature.
But it was a good idea.

---------------------------------

So last night I had a weird one. First of all, it was completely the cast of a tv show I had been watching before I went to bed, which I guess isn't that weird. But it was definitely a different subject than the show. I was in highschool, and for one class I had to make a tiny folder, and take a pill for immunity towards something. Can't remember what, or maybe I never knew.

So I was going to but one of the guys in the class showed me a box full of pills and said that he would make me take the one that caused bad effects with the one I had to take for the class. I think it was mutations or something that happened.
Other stuff happened but I don't have all the details.

At some point it went outside, and some guy who isn't a character was suddenly huge and made out of water, and in the sky.
It fell in 4 waves. The first one just got everyone wet. The second one hurt a little because it was so much water (he covered the whole sky) The third one hurt a lot so the dad in the show yelled at everyone to get under the bridge. He had been water too, chasing this guy to try to get him to stop but then he was normal and on the ground and I'm not sure how. Anyways the 4th one fell and started to break the bridge so we all had to run again.
Then one of the characters who plays one of the boyfriends turned into water and went into a big victorian-style mansion and froze, leaving a hose coming out.
Some girl wrote her name + someone else's name in the frost with her finger.
I wrote my name and then paused to think about the second name (probably not a reflection on me, but on the character I looked like who has some trouble with boys.)
It was pretty scary for reasons I can't quite understand.
Maybe I just hated being back in highschool

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How many house of sleep do u get a night? Its seems like when I work during the week I never have dreams(I get about 4 5 hours of sleep a night)and the only time I dream is on the weekend when I get 9-12 hours of sleep a night. I'm assuming its cause I don't go onto a deep enough sleep during the week. So maybe try and stay up an hour or two later at night if u can. I also has 2 diff recurring dreams when I was a kid. One was where I would be in my front yard and street. It all looked exactly as it did in real life. But I would walk out of my house and have to go somewhere(not sure where) butwhem I left a monster would always be on the side of my house and it would come after me just by walking calmly towards me and every time I would lay down he would stop and just stand there. So I would jump on a moving car and lay down so I could get away.I think it might of been because my parents would fight really bad at night and I would just lay in bed wishing it would stop. So in my dream when I lay ed down I would stop the "monster"(my parents fighting) and that was my way to stop or get away from it. I'm not positive on if I was having them dream the same time as they would fight.even if the dreams were after they were divorced maybe it was still in the back of my mind.but it never really scared me. To this day when I do have dreams I would say about 70% of them are nightmare. But I donr really consider them nightmare cause I don't get scared from them most of the time I they won't even wake me up there just like a normal dream. Which I think is kinda weird cause I will watch a horror movie and get more scared than the dreams I have. And my dreams are way more horrific than the movies. Maybe u could just accept the dreams u have and they won't be as bad? Just a thought. Maybe the fear is controlling you in some form or another. I'm not saying that's the case but anything is possible. Exspecally when it come to the mind.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent0range
To this day when I do have dreams I would say about 70% of them are nightmare. But I donr really consider them nightmare cause I don't get scared from them most of the time I they won't even wake me up there just like a normal dream.

You have to help the subconcious to overcome 'it's fear.
The point is who are you in a dream? Who is in control in your dream?
As I read here somewhere and also can confirm myself you can act in a dram like you would never act in real life because it's against your wake nature. Sure it is your subconcious but it is acting like another person and it somehow does and has own experiences and most importand does not have your wake knowledge. At least not the full one.
So you can kind of teach it.
And here is where lucid dreaming is very very helpful. Once you learned within a concious controlled dream that there is no real danger in a dream the subconcious learns it with you.
The change in the view of the nature of a dream also changes the experience in the subconcious the way that the danger is seen a lot less dangerous also in normal not concious dreams.
What you usually would experience as nightmare can turn into just a normal dream or even into the oposite into a kind of action movie you just enjoy like you enjoy watching it on tv with the exception that you enjoy it even more intensive because you are playing an active rolle in it and subconcious know there is no danger.

to the op:
if you can not do lucid dreaming than you need to seek another way to get your subconcious the confident that there is 'no real' danger within a dream.

The way how you can do this is what is your task to find out.
Eighter this or you can try to find a root in real life causing you this dreams. (byway it migth also be physical ..you said the wave hurt?)
Often, but by far not everytime there is a root cause in real life for nightmares. If there is none then this is a non successfull path

Dreaming is a playground and once you overcome the fear component it is one of the most awesome things you can experience

I got the impression that you are a bit too selective and fix in believeing what is possible for you to archive and what not and what is helfull to overcome this and what not. There is no do this and it is fixed solution.
You'll have to find your way and make your experience. You best can do it by not limiting your options too much in ahead.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by agent0range

I get somewhere between 8-10 hours most nights, much less on some. It doesn't matter how much sleep I got, though.
But on the nights where I have less time to sleep, it seems it wakes me up more. (Which kindof sucks
)

reply to post by g210b

I'm really not sure how to make my subconscious do anything. As far as my psychology classes and a crazy-about-psychology boyfriend have taught me, there's nothing much you can do about it on your own.
And then some blabbering about hypnotherapy, which is useless since he can't do it yet, and we can't afford to find someone else to.

And as far as I can tell, there haven't been any problems that were anywhere near consistent. For example, I have had small periods of stress, but they go away within a few days and are not replaced by new ones for quite a while.

As far as what I can achieve, I have tried hard to learn lucid dreaming, and had absolutely no luck over the span of a long period of time. possibly up to years. I don't believe the problem is in me not taking suggestions, but rather in me either having already taken them, or them being completely obviously not useful to me (such as the ghost theory. There is no way that would be the problem hence I do not need to try to "fix" it.)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardsBack
I'm really not sure how to make my subconscious do anything. As far as my psychology classes and a crazy-about-psychology boyfriend have taught me, there's nothing much you can do about it on your own.

Well if you look at it of a sort of therapy to fix the subconciousness then you look at it the wrong way. See the subconciousnessnot just as a part of you but more as your inner friend with a partly own personality.
Try it with self suggestion. You can state what you like to meet or archive or know before going to sleep. If you don't feel strange doing that you can also try talk to it like to a friend in you.
Also pay attention to the dreams in the morning. Try to remember them as good and detailed as you can. This is the listening.
That is a sort of work/communication with your subconciousness.
And what i suggested earlier to try (calming your body) is also supportive to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join