It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant Nightmares

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Tried, as already stated earlier.
Doesn't work for me.

reply to post by The Shade

I am actually the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. There isn't really anything bothering me at all. That's why I find it so strange.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have nightmares alot usually the same one over and over again.

I've never really found away to prevent them but i do find they happen more when i'm stressed or upset about things.

I try to be relaxed when i sleep and think about nice things rather then fall asleep worrying about what needs to be done etc.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is psychology behind dreams, when you learn to control them you will understand them better, we work out subconscious issues, dream can be stress relief.

Understanding your dreams can be a great tool in self-awareness.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I dream of soemthing that happened to me previously, i'd be very grateful of finding a way of preventing or at least controlling these dreams.

If anyone has some information on it I'd appreciate a U2U of it

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I haven't had a recurring nightmare type situation since i was very young, but boy there were positively terrifying. I don't even know what they were about to this day. Just know they made me a scared little boy for a few months, the stopped for no apparent reason.

Maybe you are purging something from your subconscious. I happen to think any dream you have that effects you emotionally is a necessary one. I know you want them to stop, but if you could possibly try to step back from the situation and just watch yourself react in fear to them before, after and maybe eventually even during your nightmares, you may at least discover the cause which will go a long way to remedying your problem. Try some form of meditation perhaps, something that keeps you in the moment as much as possible. I know I always used to forget my dream. I knew I was having them, but just no memory of it. When I began a meditation "routine" I immediately began to remember them. Maybe the same will work for you. I think the bottom line is: You are not your dream. You CREATE your dream.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dtice

I have heard so much about meditation, but really, when I sit there and don't think about anything, songs I dislike pop into my head and won't go away. I think I have too short of an attention span for it or something.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "keeps you in the moment", because I'm not sure where else I would be.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention that the other day, I think the morning before I wrote this post, I woke up at about 6 am, sick to my stomach. Of course, being a little paranoid I just hoped it wasn't swine flu. It was horrible though. I know I had been having a dream, I think it wasn't a good one, but it was pushed out of my mind completely by nausea and stomach pain.
I waited for about 15 minutes on the floor and finally decided nothing was going to happen and that I should go back to bed. I woke up feeling ok after a few more hours, but I figured it might be important/related/something?

Anyways I will keep trying to remember, and as long as my eyes can open without causing pain, I will come post when I have another one that I remember.
Goodnight everyone!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is something that I find to be very interesting . I have not had a nightmare in over 17 years . The time before that , about 5 years .

My cousin had told me about some of his reoccurring nightmares , which were pretty freaky to say the least . He stopped playing certain video games and stopped watching horror movies to see if that would solve the problem . But based on what you have said I don't think thats your problem .

I wish you luck and I will follow this thread with interest .

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm certainly not a psychologist, but your dreams of being pursued would indicate that you are feeling very insecure in your current situation, and unable to control your life.

Don't feel like you're the only one who's experienced this at one time or another.

You are going to have to take control of your life. You must control your destiny, whether that means a new job, going to school again to pursue a new direction, and for God's sake, you are not defined by others. Be you.

Set some savings aside to give you the confidence and the safety net that you may not have currently. This eliminates a lot of "pursuers."

Threats are threats, and our dreams try to resolve what's' going on in our lives. Think about what you feel in your life are threats, and there's no use lying to yourself.

Think it over, identify them, speak with a professional if you can, and get your life back on YOUR track.

We don't always have control. But we must minimize to the best of our abilities the wild cards in our lives. The most miserable of human conditions is one of uncertainty.

This too will pass. But you have some changes to make.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Alright. Last night was another chased one, I'm seeing a pattern here.

My mom was chasing me and some other girl around in my grandmother's house. At one point she has a really long nail in her hand, but I grabbed it from her. We both called my grandmother at the same time, claiming the other was trying to kill us.

....Doesn't take a genius to know that I have plans with my mom today for mother's day, and that I don't particularly like her very much.

At least it wasn't anywhere near as scary as they usually are, I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Try this:

When you go to sleep lay absolut motionless flat on you back. Keep this position till your body sense of touch are gone and you get a warm pleasant feeling in your whole body. This might take 10 minutes up to 20 minutes. You don't have to easy your mind just your body. When done right turn on your side or whatever your sleeping position is and go to sleep.
Don't worry about the sleep time you lose doing this. You get it back double. You will awake more relaxed when you have done that.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey. I just got word that counseling is covered by my mom's health plan which I amazingly still can use, so hopefully that might help at least a bit.
I will keep everyone up to date still.

And no, I have no interest whatsoever in any potentially illegal substances that might help.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
you see other people in dreams are most often aspects of ourselves, the hand I see in your dream may mean having a hand in the situation you are facing with you mother, giving and receiving, closed hand in a dream is ungiving, unwilling closed attitude, or unable to receive graciously, the nail could be a pun of nailed to the wall

Nightmares occur most often to people who are gentle and sensitive yet fearful, people who are allowing someone else to manipulate or control them.

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, also that which it fears.

J.Allen

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Grandmother, mother, daughter,

Three people in your dream represent the trinity of yourself, conscious, sub-conscious, super- conscious, they can be working together or be in conflict with one another.

Authority figures represent the god self.

Mother, nurturing aspect of you, discipline, teacher, friend, or unadmitted foe,
unresolved issues to work out.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, I know I had this problem a few years back. I found the root of the problem was leaving the tv and with full sound on, I directly linked the nightmares to Infomercials, no lie. I don't know if you leave any noise on in the background, but if you do, you could try total silence.
Beyond that, you stated this is the first time in your life you are happy and living a stress free life. Sometimes that fear That nagging little part of your subconcious is trying to work out, is the fear of that happiness slipping away. That somehow the bad is chasing you down because your subconcious cannot accept that things will always be so stable for you. That's my take, I realize it's a total different direction that everyone else has taken, but I experienced this one also in my life. Just a thought.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Absolutely no sound.
(though it did remind me of myself when I was younger. I used to sleep with the radio on, and it had news breaks. I would wake up and think I was having "premonition" dreams because I had heard the news stories and they had gotten into my dreams through the sound! haha!)

Aside from that, I had a very rough day and probably wont be telling anyone about my dreams tonight, as I'm sure I know what they will be.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Or I guess I could just not sleep at all tonight.
Guess that temporarily solves the nightmare problem, huh?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You have to learn to control your dreams.

Remember in every dream you have COMPLETE control.

You just have to battle what's in your subconcious. Something chasing you? No problem, turn it into a frog. You can do that whenever with no problems. Nothing can hurt you in a dream, and you can make it whatever you want.

This won't stop the evil forces from coming in, BUT you'll be able to deal with them, when they do.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by CrygSol]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CrygSol

Well, if you had read my post, you would have seen me say that I cannot lucid dream, which means I have no control whatsoever. I can not "turn it into a frog" because I simply do not realize I am dreaming. The idea would never come to me.
While it is happening, it is completely real and not at all under my control.
I'm not a child. If I had the ability to change my dream, I would.
You can't change it unless you know while it's happening that it is a dream.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

I went through this, also. It's your Higher self chasing you, the 'Dweller on the Threshold.' It occurred with me for about 6 months, and it clearly let me know I was on the wrong track, heading into regions of selfishness and (secret or unknown) dislike.

I've have read the entire thread (unlike others), and it's absolutely clearcut. There are other entities in the dream realm, but you are being giving the 'face of fear,' which haunts and chases you. You need to look inside and make some changes, or it will not change. I read quite a bit about it, and that explained a few things (30 some yrs. ago), but what did change things was, it all hit head-on at once. Suddenly, my problems were solved: they all came together at once! Over a period of time, I changed, for they clearly showed my self-centeredness...a real problem.

So, look inside. You already admitted you weren't fond of your mum, and that's a clue (good one!). Well, after things settled down, I began to consider others more, and then got to work on the self expression. I didn't have the 'chaser' after me anymore...but I did meet some angelic like being who would guide and instruct me (boy howdy!), and made me excited to sleep, perchance to dream. The same being, 'The Dweller on the Threshold,' You (you're Higher self)...there watching at all times.

My guess, you have gifts and talents that could be put to use, which you are perhaps neglecting. Concentration on just the self is a lower state: consideration of the others about you (all life), help expand the inner feelings. You aren't alone anymore...and expect no rewards...except perhaps less running while sleeping!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join