It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird eerie sounding beeping "music" sounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yesterday and today at around 6:00pm I heard a strange sounding beeping type "music" from outside, through my open window. It kindof reminded me of a sound selection from the willy wonka movie, when willy wonka blows that oompa loompa whistle.
Listen at 25 second mark. www.youtube.com...

But the sound I heard yesterday and today, both happened at around the same time, 6pm, I will confirm this if I hear it tomorrow again, had about the same notes as that willy wonka whistle, although had a different tone frequency, sounding like something from a computer/technological sound. It lasted about 20 seconds, made very high tones throughout it. Sorry if this is confusing, I just don't really know how to explain it. Nobody was outside both times, and the sound definitely came from outside.
I know im not "hearing things" because both instances happened at the same time 2 days in a row, and as I moved away from my window to make sure it wasn't from my T.V. or something, it got quieter which confirmed it was from outside. Also was not from my neighbors house.
I don't know what else to think it was from except if it was some kind of ET sound frequency. I really don't know.

Also similar sounding to this, but the sounds I heard were lower pitched.
www.youtube.com...
(start at 25 sec.)

[edit on 5/9/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It could have been anything so don't be too quick to think that ET is trying to call you.

Next time it happens, go outside and look around. Or, be outside when you think that it might happen.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Will do

I thought about recording it on my digital recorder, but of course I would just be accused of playing the sound from my computer or something, and since there was no physical object in the sky from what I could see, I don't know how to even prove this

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I think I know what you're talking about my friend. I've heard such things too. It's almost digital sound right? Although I live by a few Air Force Bases so it could be that too.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

I think I know what you're talking about my friend. I've heard such things too. It's almost digital sound right? Although I live by a few Air Force Bases so it could be that too.

Yeah digital was the word I was looking for in my first post, thanks

Except there are no military bases of any kind near me. Closest one is Camp Pendleton at about 2 hours away.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe sounds from a flying craft?

Maybe its propulsion is making those weird sounds or it makes that noise when it travels through the sky.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Not necessarily because the sound was the same volume the whole time, and I didn't see any craft, however since I was inside I couldn't see the whole sky. So even if it was, it would have had to be stationary, and even that wouldn't explain why it would come to the same location at the same time 2 days in a row. I'm still leaning toward some type of frequency. Nobody else in my house heard it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was just informed my previous post was too sarcastic...

My bad...

On Topic:

Do you live in apartment styl housing, or in a house without common walls?

If apartment style...could it be a cell phone? Ring tones these days are off the hook - get it, off the hook..?!

o.k. maybe not...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by chapter29]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

No I live in an average sized house in a coldesac, I don't even have my cell phone it is being repaired on, and if you read my post you would have read that I confirmed the noise came from outside.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

and if you read my post you would have read that I confirmed the noise came from outside.

lol hey man, I'm just throwing out a possibility and I did read your post...apparently you didn't read your own otherwise you would have noticed that 'outside' could apply to either living situation...

Living in an apartment doesn't mean the outside disappears...

And since you never elaborated on you 'housing' situation, who would have known..?

Either way - good luck...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Honestly, I AM NOT being sarcastic.

But an Ice Cream Truck seems to match the anomalies you described.

Consistent time, outside, digital creepy Willy Wonka-type sounds.

Sound became fainter as it left neighborhood.

Regards...KK

[edit on 8-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks for the suggestion but Nope I can't even consider an ice cream truck as the source for Many reasons. The main one being that what I heard sounded absolutely nothing like any ice cream truck's music i've ever heard. I've lived in this area for 7 years and all ice cream trucks play kid's nursery rhyme type music. And for how loud the sound was, it would have had to have been right outside my house. The sound didn't fade out either, it just stopped about after 20 seconds, remaining the same volume the entire way through.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If I were you I would try to record it anyway as it's pretty hard to describe from the sound of it, then worry about the what it is or could be.

Then worry about proof.

T-

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry, but a bird or insect is the most obvious choice. Have you contacted anybody specialized in identifying bird/insect sounds?

Go to some web sites that have recordings of birds and insects from your part of the world. (You do know all the animals around your neighborhood, right?). Listen to them. Remember birds have a regional accent and dialogue so don't just take the first recordings you see. Search for the ones that fit your location, time of year and time of day.

Can you name 20 species of birds and 20 of insects that live around your neighborhood? Do you know their migration patterns? You have to look around your own backyard before you blame the aliens

Crickets and cicada's over here sound awfully digital, and the sound can travel thru very thick walls.

Anyhow, hope it helps.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok this is creepy- but I heard beeping sounds last week outside my window. Yes they sounded digital. It was 4-5 beeps I heard but I only heard them that one time, not everyday. Let me tell you something that happened to me a few years ago. I saw a ufo outside my kitchen window while I was cooking one night. It was bright glowing orange and oval shaped kind of like a football. I felt like I was bieng watched and my eyes were just glued to it till it went behind the trees. Well 6 years later- one night I was sitting in my car in my sisters driveway and I saw that same orange ufo drifting by again, moving the same speed as before. THE SAME ONE! The "watching me feeling" came back as well as the feeling that this orange object was not in the "friendly" category. Again it went behind the trees as my eyes were glued to it. Now last week when I heard the beeps outside my window I got the same feeling that whatever the source of the beeps was- that it was observing me and it wanted to be known. Whatever it is I don't like it and I wish it would never come around again. It is an entity- maybe an alien I don't know, but it is connected with that orange object I saw twice in my life. What I heard wasnt a bird anyway anyhow. It was to digital sounding for a bird. And it wasnt an ice cream truck. It sounded like computer beeps. I am terrified of whatever it is. I do live about 30 miles from an army base.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by used2bqueen]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

No it for sure wasn't a bird, I don't know of any birds that make digital sounding music.
I found a sound that gives a somewhat better impression of what I heard, listen to the sounds in this video:
www.youtube.com...
Except what I heard was not as high pitched as those.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am 99% sure those beeps you hear are the same as what I heard last week outside my window.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What about any security systems or telecommunication systems outside (probably fixed to the wall)?

Many digital systems make 'digital beeps' when working normally. It could be something is on a timer. Something like a security system communicating with a security centre. Nothing sinister - just doing whats it's make for. Even when not being used (depending on the system), a system will frequently 'call home'. Have a look outside and see whats around.

Picture please of the outside area if possible. It would make it much easier.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

That makes a lot of sense to me, but there seems to be a UFO connection with beeping noises out there.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

Of course everyone knows the Betty and Barney Hill case, but let's not forget they heard a beep too.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
What about any security systems or telecommunication systems outside (probably fixed to the wall)?

Many digital systems make 'digital beeps' when working normally. It could be something is on a timer. Something like a security system communicating with a security centre. Nothing sinister - just doing whats it's make for. Even when not being used (depending on the system), a system will frequently 'call home'. Have a look outside and see whats around.

Picture please of the outside area if possible. It would make it much easier.

I'll get a picture as soon as a get my phone back, I don't have a camera right now. Should be by today or tomorrow.
And there's no technical device outside anywhere in my neighborhood that's for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join