It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Will Not Obey Illegal Orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I used to be an atheist anarchist, and subscribed to the ACAB creed: all cops are bastards.
Now, with a couple more years of life experience, I consider myself to be a gnostic anarchist,
and no longer think all cops are bastards or all soldiers or all politicians etc. etc.
I was therefore happy to see this video...

Edit to add source

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
WOW! Nice find! Great Video, scary New Orleans stuff. I think this is absolutely a wonderful idea, it can only be successful if they get good participation, and we need to help them with that.

Was the website www.oathkeepers.blogspot.com ?

We all have to remember that military, police, and even government entities are just our friends and neighbors doing their jobs. They may need to be reminded of that as well. This is a great way for them to have a stance in place, and know how they will react in a dilemma that is likely to arise at some point. It is also good that they share that stance with their supervisors and peers ahead of time, and hopefully get some support for it.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Don't be too taken in by this. The good cop will always take the side of the dirty cop, when it comes down to it. It's just the nature of the job.

TA

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Generalizations are generally wrong.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

May be, but i'm not going to test the theory to find out. I'm going to play it safe.

I've seen far too much corruption in my short time here. With me, cops have lost all credibility.

Are you going to test my hypothesis and prove me wrong?

TA

[edit on 8-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Would have been better if not for the inclusion of Shep Smith and Hair-al-do, those guys make me puke.
Furthermore, the things Shep-boy was expounding upon have been proved to be FALSE.
Mebbe take a look at the Richard Noggin Sean Penn walking down the street carrying a gun, like he could have done anything to improve the plight of those unfortunate people, dirtwad.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Rather like a racist who gets mistreated by certain members of a race decide they are all like that.
Does that make them right? And I deal with police officers fairly often in my line of work so I don't need to test your hypothesis.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I swear to God, this thread should be flagged so hard it goes off the ATS website and straight into the halls of Congress!

A copy of that oath needs to be on every single active duty military commander's office wall. It should be read in the morning, at break, at lunch, at break, and upon leaving every single day....And once before bed just for good measure.

An etched satin version with gold frames should be handed to every President upon oath of office, and required to be hung in a special designated place at the White House.

It should be in textbooks for school children. Appear daily on a special page in the newspaper. Be the banner of every American website. They should make flags from it. They should name food after it. They should paint it on the side of every space vehicle. A special radio show should be made with Ron Paul as its host.

Ford should make a new energy efficient car called "The Oath," which has these words wrapped around it in red, white and blue.

And that's just for starters.

[edit on Fri May 8th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Don't be too taken in by this. The good cop will always take the side of the dirty cop, when it comes down to it. It's just the nature of the job.
TA

A cop will usually side with a cop all other things being equal, and I don't blame them, but I highly doubt a "good" cop would protect a "bad" cop if given a choice. It hurts all their reputations, violates their oaths, and generally makes their job harder, not to mention risking their lives and careers.

I have friends in police, FBI, and the prison system. None of them want to be anywhere around a fellow cop with even a rumor of questionable behavior.

I don't know what thread I read it on, but please remember "things are entirely different when they become personal." Controlling a "crowd" does not equate with controlling your friends, neighbors, and buddies. The evil police force does not equate with a bunch of police individuals that you see regularly out of uniform.

We can control our own destinies by remembering there is no "us" and "them." They need to be reminded of the fact that they are citizens also, and we may need to remind ourselves of that fact from time to time.

I know for certain my FBI buddy was a conspiracy theorist before he joined the FBI, we maced and tazed each other in the yard to see how we could react. We pushed the limits of the laws to buy and shoot weapons and ammo. He would never blindly follow orders to imprison me or any of our other friends of like mind. My police chief buddy, would surely try to control the panic and chaos for the safety of his community, but he would never give an order to falsely imprison people he BBQ's with on the weekends. His closest group of friends would probably be the very same people TPTB would be concerned with the most.

We certainly need to stand up for our rights, and that starts with us knowing our rights. Many, many situations can be resolved or avoided by us the citizens keeping cool heads, knowing our rights, and acting accordingly in the face of seemingly terrible odds. I think many would be surprised at who stands by them when the have right on their side.

This oath is the perfect way for law enforcement and military to know their rights, have their position known ahead of time, and remind themselves and their communities that it is "personal!"

RIGHT beats MIGHT in all cases...........eventually.

I always like to go back to my "Dog in the Yard" scenario. I have seen many a teacup canine chase rottweilers and great danes from their yard. It works because both parties know who is in the right. I have even seen cats and geese do it. I have seen vicious dogs thrown together in a yard, and very seldom do they kill one another or let anyone starve. They fight, but a hierarchy quickly forms that is beneficial to each of them.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

TA

perhaps but my brother is a cop and he has destroyed the careers of 5 different bad cops over the years... so there is no way they will "always" take that side...

He is retired now and runs a civilian task force looking for bad cops and getting rid of them... so you might need to re think that little word "always"

top topics

join