It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train crash in Boston, Many hurt!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Unbelieveable! This is NOT the first time something like this happened around here. They should not be allowed to even have a cell phone or ipod on them while working, it should be in a locker.

As frequent "T" rider... I've witnessed bus drivers use their cell phones while navigating their way through the narrow and winding streets of Boston.... I've been on trains and could hear the train driver yapping on the phone to his buddy while going full speed. While the MBTA is lucky that nobody got killed or seriously hurt THIS time around... but it's only a matter of time.

The MBTA is an absolute disgrace... They are never on time, most of the staff are rude and have absoultely NO experience, some of the stations are dirty and smell foul (Underground at North station smells of rotten eggs and death lol) ... and now they want to cut some of this already lousy service AND raise the fares... again

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by juicebox

i hear your pain i think everyone should listen to rap and hip hop music and do 85mph and change 4 lanes of traffic and talk on their phone all at the same time these people are called hip because they have all the latest gadgets and this is only promoted by tv and radio every day now im just an aircraft mechanic who doesnt even own a cell phone it takes a full shift and then some to hang a motor on an airplane unless i get talked down to by supervision then they get to experience something new theyve never seen they try to slap me around but it just doesnt work im putting on this motor that has to last atleast 2yrs or more on wing carrying 2000 passengers a week with my name all over it and you want me to hurry up thats usually the last i hear from them but the newer guys i work with just call me the old redneck at 45 i can still hang a motor in a day and they cant but they can email the pentagon and i cant but i just tell when i want to email the pentagon ill let you know but right now need someone who can run a hoist they just tell me theyve never done it before well maybe you can call someone who can tell you how to do it

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
are you sure you dont want a new cellphone soccer moms can text and change 4 lanes of traffic at the same time doing 85mph with 4 kids in the back seat a women in houston tried to give her children some swimming lessons a week or 2 ago she drove her car into a bayou and she had the best cellphone money could buy the water was only 20ft deep and i guess she talked her way out of it but nobody in the back seat had a cellphone and it didnt end well for them but the cellphone company gave her some extra rollover minutes since she was such a good customer ive seen pilots talking on their phones right before departure but im sure thats not a distraction in anyway hmmm now im hearing if you live in boston and have a cellphone and can text message and listen to an ipod and twitter and google and drive a train all at the same time then we will hire you thats the kind of work ethic were looking for

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A little bit of info today,

NTSB says the operator of an MBTA trolley that crashed on Friday in Boston was texting his girlfriend, ran a red light.

According to BNO news,

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
A little bit of info today,

NTSB says the operator of an MBTA trolley that crashed on Friday in Boston was texting his girlfriend, ran a red light.

According to BNO news,

Not only that, it was revealed that his auto driving record was pretty bad also.

He had 13 seconds to react. Plenty of time to avoid the accident, had he not been texting.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I used to ride the Green line through that station everyday for several years. Not once was there any safety concern other than cars getting in front of the trollys out by Alston and Boston University. (where the line stays above ground) But the underground trains were the last place I'd figure an accident happening.

I see car accidents from texting, no surprise the trains are having them now too. The conductors car should be shielded from cell phone transmissions or something. For safety purposes.

<< 1   >>

join