It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a glitch in the speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
something strange happened to me today.i was sitting eating breakfast with my girlfriend and she was talking to me,but she said two same words twice after each other like when your digital/sky tv skips back and then carrys on.when i asked her about saying the words twice she said "did i?...... i dont know" like she didnt even know owt about it.now i stutter and this wasnt like stuttering.it was so weird that as soon as it happened i questioned it.ive never heard it in live conversion before(only on tv when the tv has a glitch).after it happened i was a bit paranoid for the rest of the day.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I know what you mean.

I think it's a speech error (for want of a better word) that happens when the brain and it's thoughts can't act as fast as the mouth. A word in a sentance is spoken before the next word has been decided upon and to "catch up"...the same word is repeated so the next word is spoken without a pause before it.
Maybe the rhythm of speech just keeps if flowing regardless of the content.

I wouldn't say it's anything abnormal.....certainly nothing to be paranoid about.

Just tell her to "slow down" next time.

Maybe someone here knows a bit about speech and can shed some more light.

cheers cheers.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
true...it was just like being in the tv but not,lol if u know what i mean.its hard to describe...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Maybe life is really like the matrix and everything we experience is just an illusion. Its kind of like the TV or a video flickering on your computer when it doesnt have enough CPU.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Actually I have this problem and its quite annoying more than anything else, I think its a motor tic. I also get body tics, they really suck...but I've had them forever, they have just gotten a little bit worse..

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

same here
i always get people to ask me to repeat some replys irl, they heard the glitch too!, maybe we're in the matrix
hahahaha

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's more likely to be that she automatically filled in a pause with the same word, and simply did not notice.
But it's still interesting.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I get this happening to me all the time but it ends up being because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say next. I notice it, though.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We are in a matrix created, labeled and categorized by the OS in our head.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
your girlfriend is a Fem-Bot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN BEFORE HER BOOBS SHOOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hmm.. I think it might have happened to me one time. I know what you're saying though. It's weird, but very interesting. Almost makes you wish you had a video camera, right? lol.

Edit: I wanted to bring up a weird feeling I've had too. Looking down a hallway in my house one day, I noticed the usual plain window as usual. Suddenly a decoration my mom put up on the window, immediately came into existence. Like in a Powerpoint animation, you can make objects and pictures swirl around from far away to up close. This happened to me a few times actually.

It's as if the brain took a while to fully process what I was seeing. Just as you heard a glitch in speech, I guess my sight glitched. It's so cool to experience it, but at the same time very annoying.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by LiQuiD_FuSioN]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[edit on 04/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
something strange happened to me today.i was sitting eating breakfast with my girlfriend and she was talking to me,but she said two same words twice after each other like when your digital/sky tv skips back and then carrys on.when i asked her about saying the words twice she said "did i?...... i dont know" like she didnt even know owt about it.now i stutter and this wasnt like stuttering.it was so weird that as soon as it happened i questioned it.ive never heard it in live conversion before(only on tv when the tv has a glitch).after it happened i was a bit paranoid for the rest of the day.

Humans are perfect and should not be allowed to make mistakes.

You've discovered a mistake.

You must kill them now.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Everyone has verbal glitches, as the software running your brain does occasionally hiccup and cause problems - I'm slightly aphasic, so if I'm not writing/texting I will get 'stuck' on a word and can visualize, hear it in my head, but not speak it - as a grad student, this presents some difficulty in presentation of research.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Ever wonder if we are being watched? thats what this sounds like to me lol

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You momentarily hopped into an altered state of consciousness and an alternate consensus reality. This is the kind of thing that might happen only once and never recur. On the other hand, it could be something that begins to happen to you with increasing frequency. The next few months could be an interesting time for you.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ha that happend to me today.
I laughed at it but didn't really think about till now. I usually do it every once in a while so its nothing new to me

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Does she ever ask you about strange things like if you saw any suspcious craft or at any point felt resentment to your government? Cause that would me she could be a gov. spy there to get you

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Bananarama]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have moments when I get stuck on a word. I'll be trying to say something but can't get the rest of the sentence out. Most of the time it's because I can't say the next word correctly. I have a problem with my R's and W's getting mixed up every now and then and that is when it happens.

top topics

join