It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh to Colin Powell : Go Be A Democrat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Rush is just speculating about Powell endorsing Obama because he is black, but he could be right.

Nobody really knows one way or another.

And maybe Powell should switch to the Democrat party. I'm sure he voted Democrat, so why not just make it official?

Just because Rush says it doesn't mean we should think the opposite.

it always surprises me , how many people believe this guy,

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Everyone needs to shush and Limbaugh will fade away into the outer realms of the far, far, far, far right and never be relevant within current events again.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Didn't say I believed him did I?

I mearly stated that nobody knows for sure why he endorsed Obama. Rush could be right, but who knows?

I also think that just because Rush says it that doesn't mean we can automatically assume its a lie.

Just like I don't think that we can automatically dismiss what Olberman or Oriely says.

Like him or not. He does have a point that Powell should officially switching to the Democrat party.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That is the kind of twisted logic that will have Rush having a wet dream and the democratic party strategists sitting ease . If one swallows the logic on offer you have to ignore the Republican party track between 2000 - 8 and aspects of the presidential campaign that falls beyond the scope of this topic . I voted along Conservative lines at the last New Zealand election but I wouldn't be caught dead voting for a party that hates gays more then budget deficits .

The one thing the Labour party in New Zealand and the Republican party have in common is that they have become disconnected with the electorates(SP?) that naturally gravitate towards them .

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Seany

Didn't say I believed him did I?

I mearly stated that nobody knows for sure why he endorsed Obama. Rush could be right, but who knows?

I also think that just because Rush says it that doesn't mean we can automatically assume its a lie.

Just like I don't think that we can automatically dismiss what Olberman or Oriely says.

Like him or not. He does have a point that Powell should officially switching to the Democrat party.

Powell said that the VENOM (my word) coming from Coulter and Limbaugh was counterproductive to the party

He said earlier that Obama was doin the right things for the country

Im sure everybody on this site has read a Post and said ... Excellent post, you nailed it, same kinda thing

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the gop is simply purging the party of rino's.

the infiltration of liberal agenda sympathisers has weakened the gop.

the gop cannot survive by emulating the liberal-infested democratic party, they will always pander to the lowest common denominator better than the gop ever could, and will always result in failure, as seen in this last election.

the differences between conservatives and liberals must be made very clear, and the gop will benefit from the contrast.

quality, not quantity is the key.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm just surprised that when over 90% of black people vote for a black person, its just people supporting "their brethren". If 90% of white people voted for a white person, its racism, and they are all racist. Colin Powell just goes and supports Obama, out of the blue, and its oh so "great". Rush is right. Obama has made so many gaffs in the first 100 days, it made Bush's first 100 look normal. But oh no, no one wants to criticize our dear leader. No one can dare question our leader Obama. Just blindly love him and say yes to everything he wants. And Colin Powell, I used to respect him greatly, after Desert Storm, and during the Clinton years and even during Bush's term. But the moment he jumped ship and gave all his backing to Obama and started to go after Rush Limbaugh, he lost my respect. I still respect his military service, but the way hes been acting the past year, its like I dont know him anymore.

One thing I give credit to Bush and Cheney for, they never, EVER behaved like Obama or Powell, when it came to the critics who called him every name in the book, wished them to fail, and worse. I'm sorry, but the moment Obooboo and Powell went after Rush, it just showed their true colors. No dissent allowed. But you could hate and call Bush every name in the book, and dissent him, and wish him death, and that was ok. But criticism of Obooboo? Oh nooooo. Talk against Obooboo, and you get the media and the rest of the "Democrat" lapdogs after you.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Why not make it official? Maybe because of secret ballot. People don't really know who I vote for, because I can find at least one thing to defend on both sides.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

I don't listen to much of what Olberman or O'Reilly say.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I equate the 2 parties like sports teams

Just because 1 of the members on your team comments how well the opposing team is doing , doesn't mean you have to send him to the minor's

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It seems Cheney had thought Powell left the party long ago. He also said Limbaugh represents the party better than Powell!

www.foxnews.com...

"I think my take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican," Cheney said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Asked to clarify, Cheney noted that Powell endorsed Barack Obama, a Democrat, for president shortly before the general election.

"I assumed that that is some indication of his loyalty and his interest," Cheney said.

Limbaugh criticized Powell last week for saying the Republican Party is in trouble and needs to be more moderate, urging Powell to officially switch parties. Powell had also said divisive figures like Limbaugh are hurting the party.

Asked which spokesman better stands for the GOP, Cheney said he'd go with Limbaugh over Powell.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
reply to post by jd140

Why not make it official? Maybe because of secret ballot. People don't really know who I vote for, because I can find at least one thing to defend on both sides.

I don't see how secret ballots work into it.

Powell endorsed President Obama. Why would he endorse him and not vote for him?

Maybe someone should ask Powell if he still considers himself a Republican instead of jumping all over what Rush says?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What most people do not realize is that Colin Powell and his middle of the road values represent more Republicans than that drug soaked fat man will ever represent. The fact that the party of Lincoln and Goldwater is in the hands of this joke is the real crime here.

Colin Powell and the rest of the moderates should either give rush and the evangelicals the boot OR start thier own party.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why play the race card in this thread? Rush isn't psychic and many people of different races voted for Obama regardless of voting republican last election.....playing the race can go both ways........I doubt Powell brought up race. Let one brother bring up race and you get the old speech how slavery ended 100000000 years but those same people are quick to bring up the topic
Democrat received the black vote at a rate of 90% so if a few more blacks decide to vote for the first black president...................OMG!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by demfl]

[edit on 11-5-2009 by demfl]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Millions and millions of black people voted for Obama because he was black.

and i'd give up my last breath if im wrong, but i'll bet you just as many, if not more, white people voted AGAINST Obama because he was black, as black people who voted for him.

All things considered equal - McCain and the GOP lost the election for themselves and blamed it on racism.

Kinda hypocritical if you think about it

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I find this funny about Rush Limbaugh's relationship to the GOP

In Jan. of 2008, he was using his radio show to ridicule John McCain.

Once John McCain was selected to run for President, Rush supported John McCain in every conceivable way.

Once John McCain lost - he turned his back on John McCain and now runs segments on his show that make fun of John McCain.

Rush Limbaugh plays on the ignorant frustrations of ignorant conservatives who don't know how to properly channel their anger.

Thats how he gets ratings.

His opinions on life and everything in it change from day to day depending on how those around him feel about things going on.

Good for radio. Bad for credibility.

I know plenty of former Rush babies who can't stand him, even before Barack Obama came along.

Rush is the poster child for "my team" politics. A republican is not correct simply because they are a republican, despite what Rush Limbaugh will tell you on his nationally syndicated obnoxious radio show.

Seriously - any man who would say, and i quote:

Do you know we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the constitution was written?" 2/18/94)

Or

I want Barack Obama's attempts to fail
when talking about Obama's attempts to bring the country back to it's feet.

Why would anyone of any measurable amount of intelligence take anything this man has to say with a serious face?

Beyond me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ok. Let me get this straight. According to Rush Limbaugh and several people on this thread:

If you're a white man and you vote for a white man (and for centuries only white men were running for high office) race has nothing to do with it. There are a zillion other reasons why you might do it, like intelligence, ideology, etc.

~AND~

If you are an African American or any other minority and you vote for a white man then you are making a rational decision.

~BUT~

If you're a woman and you vote for a woman it's ONLY because of her gender. Whether it's Hillary Clinton or Sarah Palin who cares about the difference?

~AND~

If you're a white person and you vote for a black person then you are a racist. There's no other reason for your vote.

~AND~

If you're an African American and you vote for an African American then race has everything to do with it. It's the only reason you voted the way you did.

~ERGO~

Only white men are capable of rational and unbiased voting decisions.

P.S. C'mon people. Colin Powell has a million good reasons for supporting the Democrats and Obama in particular. They're good for the country.

Live with it.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Sestias]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really do not understand how Rush Limbaugh got so much power and is considered a heavy hitter amongst the Republicans. This man has never won a political office and done nothing but rant incoherently on a radio show. How did a fat hillbilly heroin drug addict get to the point where he can attack someone as honorable and who's done as much as Colin Powell? Why is there no leadership in the Republican party and why does no one stand up to this idiot? I personally am happy because I hate everything the Republicans have come to stand for and I absolutely love watching the Republicans scrambling and turning on each other. But honestly does no one in that party have any common sense or a grasp of reality?

By the way, I'm white and I voted for the first time ever this last election for Barack Obama.
Limbaugh you fat weak drug addict.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yes, that's exactly what they're saying

They also say that if you call them out on it that it's racism...

and republicans say that democrats use the race card.

It's all one big hysterical double feature.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
reply to post by Seany

I don't listen to much of what Olberman or O'Reilly say.

Why not?

How do you know what they say if you don't listen?

Who told you not to listen?

I think we should listen, listen to everyone.

I don't think people would dislike Rush as much, it is not what he says but how he says it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join