It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh to Colin Powell : Go Be A Democrat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Rush said that if Colin Powell was going to keep criticzing the GOP , He may as well leave the party and become a Democrat.

He added that Powell's approval was purely based on RACE.

"He's just mad at me because I'm the only one in the country that had the guts to explain his endorsement of Obama".

" There can be NO other explanation for it", said Rush

Me personally , In Bush's cabinet , one of the few bright spots was Colin Powell,

I never saw any reason not to believe Colin, and always liked him. www.politico.com...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As usual....Rush is right.

Millions and millions of black people voted for Obama because he was black. Colin Powell was no different. If Powell truly was a moderate left leaning Republican then John McCain was the perfect Republican for him. But with no explanation he endorsed Barack Obama.

I have not heard one thing positive about the Republican Party from Powell since he left as Secretary of State. I have also heard him heap praise on Obama.....might as well be a Democrat.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You know, Colin Powell is one of the very few "politicians" that I respect, perhaps it comes from his many years of service, or that fact that initially he would actually say things that made sense (you know before they pushed him out of the loop and locked him away). I really don't think it matters what party he belongs to, I mean after all aren't they the same anyway. Rush Limbaugh needs to take a step back and think about what he says, because, sadly I know some people that voted for Bush's first term and many of the younger voters picked Bush because of Colin Powell, if it weren't for him they would've gone for Gore.

I appreciate that he can look at the issue, not how the issue can help Republicans or Democrats, to me he really seems impartial and looks at it for what it is without all the ideology.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I realize that there are Hard Core Republicans, and Hard Core Democrats.

But I think after the votes are counted , and the winner becomes President, wouldn't it be good to support the current Pres ?

I mean , no matter what Rush , or Colin say, Obama is there for at least 4 years.

As I said in my OP , I always liked Colin P, maybe he just wants what is best for the country as well.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

"Rush Limbaugh needs to take a step back and think about what he says,"

Yeah, like that's ever going to happen. Rush is a shock jock, he says things because he needs to stay "controversial". He's just a concentrated form of Fox News.

On a side note, Rush was born on Jan. 12th, 1951, in southeastern Missouri. I take this on faith, because I was very young then. About four hours old. But I now know he was just 20 miles from me. The point? It's rock solid proof astrology doesn't work.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Me personally , In Bush's cabinet , one of the few bright spots was Colin Powell

Same here, although I wish he had more of a spine in standing up to Cheney, Rove, and Rumsfeld.

What Rush (and his neocon clique) is doing reminds me of the top-tier fascists of the Nazi party throwing the few decent, competent members of their party under the bus for daring to speak out against their leaders.

If Powell does defect for the Dems, expect Rush and the few remaining Bushies to go hog-wild blaming all the mistakes for the Iraq war on him.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Yeah I know, but a girl can dream

I've spent too much time explaining to grandmama how Rush is in it for the shock of it. Oh well, he'll have to retire some day.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

What Rush (and his neocon clique) is doing reminds me of the top-tier fascists of the Nazi party throwing the few decent, competent members of their party under the bus for daring to speak out against their leaders.

But by doing that , In this case , they are throwing out a well like , Staple of the Rep. party. Again , before Obama Burst onto the political scene, I felt that Colin Powell was going to be the first Black Pres.

Now they are dumping on him, with Rep party support at its lowest.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeanyNow they are dumping on him, with Rep party support at its lowest.

Do you think Rush is smart? He's just posing for the party, he wants to take it over. The Dem's are hoping he will.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
God I hate agreeing with Rush...

He has a point though, why else would he decide to switch at this point in time.

I'm half black and I could not believe what some of my family was saying.

People that had never said a political word in their life were suddenly experts and trying to get people to vote.

I know at least 30 people that would have not voted had a black man not been running.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I think Rush is working for the Democrats. He certainly isn't winning any hearts and minds with his constant whining. Driving more and more moderates away from the GOP; dooming the Republicans to be the perpetual party of old white losers; with no viable platform or appeal.

Negative campaigning and whining is old school and will not win elections.

I sit around the Jacuzzi at the gym with a bunch of old Rush devotees. Only about half of them bothered to vote.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
God I hate agreeing with Rush...

He has a point though, why else would he decide to switch at this point in time.

I'm half black and I could not believe what some of my family was saying.

People that had never said a political word in their life were suddenly experts and trying to get people to vote.

I know at least 30 people that would have not voted had a black man not been running.

That happens for any race or religion.
In Black neighbourhoods , blacks get elected
In Irish neighbourhoods , Irish get elect.....ETC

Could it possibly be that Powell's critic of Rush might be Bang On...

Rush is a pimple on the rump of America .

Powell also critic Ann Coulture , (hard to explain her without break T@C) this

piece of work is , a lowly lowly lowly lowly lowly puss on the rump of America

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think Rush is working for the Democrats. He certainly isn't winning any hearts and minds with his constant whining. Driving more and more moderates away from the GOP; dooming the Republicans to be the perpetual party of old white losers; with no viable platform or appeal.

Negative campaigning and whining is old school and will not win elections.

I sit around the Jacuzzi at the gym with a bunch of old Rush devotees. Only about half of them bothered to vote.

I said the exact same thing earlier, The Dems are loving this

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Powell isnt a purely ideology driven kook that the Republican Party has become . The only thing that appears to be bigger then Rush pay packet is his ego . I am always amused by how Republican party supporters cant see that Rush doesnt give a toss about there party . This is the guy who lead the charge to frag McCain campaign . For as long as Rush is the spiritual head of the Republican party the dems will remain in government so to speak .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out what real DIFFERENCE this makes.

The GOP is a failure....and is no different than the Democrat party.

Bickering over nothing.

Do you honestly believe that the R or D next to his name changes a freaking thing?

No offense....but get a clue people.

Rush Limbaugh is a dying breed...the Neo-cons are failing.

Quite frankly one could call many liberals Neo-cons at this point.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What good are moderates to the Republican Party? We ran the King of Moderates in John McCain and got trounced. Now moderates are saying that conservatives are ruining this party? Get real!

We had a President that was unpopular because he had to make life and death choices to keep this country safe. In order to do that he had to bribe Democrats by spending all kind of money to make them happy.

Now is the perfect time for moderates like Benedict Arlen, John McCain, the bopsy twins from Maine and any other finger in the air Republican to jump ship, or be kicked out of the party. Because when people start to realize how bad Democrats are when they are in power, the power will shift back to Republicans. Only this time without the limp wristed moderates.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
reply to post by whaaa

What good are moderates to the Republican Party? We ran the King of Moderates in John McCain and got trounced. Now moderates are saying that conservatives are ruining this party? Get real!

Perhaps reality would best be served if the GOP could actually put together a campaign with some substance. Not just run against the Democrats but actually have a viable platform other than the anti abortion mantra. Address the citizens and taxpayers welfare rather than continually pandering to the corporate elite. Conservative enough for ya?

The Palin nomination was a pretty good try at appealing to the common man but it blew up in the GOP's face when she tried to communicate.
And then the "Joe the Plumber" deal showed the transparency and you saw the result.

I offered my services as a consultant to the GOP; they declined and look what happened.
Old school design to a savy www. generation will be doomed to failure unless the old white men wise up.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ill just say this. a person can get away with murder in this country as long as he was shown just once being one of the good guys on the television

my god tv rots the brain

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

We ran the King of Moderates in John McCain and got trounced.

Yeah, remember the 2000 election when McCain went up against Bush in the primaries? That's when the Rove party politics kicked in and the neocons portrayed McCain as a complete nut job, with anger management issues. It was the same swift-boat tactics they pulled on Kerry. McCain was damaged goods from that primary forward, how was he supposed to come back and be the party savior 8 years later?

It just goes to show you the core of the GOP is no longer republican, it's a tight knit group of fascists and neocons like Limbaugh, Coulter, Rove, Hannity, their political attack propaganda machine (Fox & Murdoch), and idiots like Jindal. Decent up-and-comers like Boehner MIGHT revive the party but members like him have GOT to break away from these idiots and ultra-right-wing extremists.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Rush is just speculating about Powell endorsing Obama because he is black, but he could be right.

Nobody really knows one way or another.

And maybe Powell should switch to the Democrat party. I'm sure he voted Democrat, so why not just make it official?

Just because Rush says it doesn't mean we should think the opposite.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join