It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts gives Free Cars to Welfare Recipients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Massachusetts is the Welfare King, hands down. The state gives away cars to welfare recipients so they may look for work. But there are no restrictions on the car's use.

The state also pays for tax, title, registration, insurance, and a membership in AAA auto club.

Amazing. The governor of Mass. is on Obama's list to replace outgoing SCOTUS judge David Souter. Yikes!

news.bostonherald.com...=home&position=also

Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones (R-North Reading).

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
*Sigh*

I was hopeing this was a gag thread, but it was just a thread that made me gag! The welfare system is getting out of control! $6000 just to maintain each vehicle each year, including AAA! I don't have AAA and I make it to and from my job where I bust my @ss to afford my car! What is this country coming to? I guess that one girl doesn't have to worry about paying here morgage or filling up her tank anymore.

-E-

join