It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are psychic... does that mean we all have the ability to be gods?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have been googling up results for PK, or Psychokinesis, and found some related terms to it. Most were controlling things like fire, ice, light, sound, and amazingly, life and appearance, and physical abilities.

These abilities to manipulate these things like i said above, sound like what a deity can do.

If we master our PK, ESP, and Mind, can we be the gods we worship, ending death, war, famine, and even fear?

For people who are wondering what terms were they, here they are just to ring a bell.

Pyrokinesis
Cryokinesis
Telekinesis
Biokinesis

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Shoomoo]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Simple answer is no, as we do not know everything and have power over everything.

Psychics only get glimpses of all types of things, not one gets all answers on anything.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess, hypothetically maybe, but I think more or less if you created a lifeform, then created a universe which you controlled. Then made it all look like it just happened, then you'd be a god.

I'd assume controlling little things in a portion of 0.000000000000000000000000000001percent of the know universe, wouldn't be much of an accomplishment at all.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well you will need to be re-incarnated alot more times to 'purify' your abilities to reach a 'God level power' but if you have one of these abilities then you have already taken the first step!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm declaring shenanigans on this thread!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well if you consider the fact that we only use a small percentage of our brain, that means there is plenty of grey matter real estate that is not, or rather, no longer being used.

These so called "unused areas" have been disabled for some time. I myself think this happened during the time of Sodom and Gomorrah .
That was when everyone spoke a universal language, but why are we so quick to assume this universal language was even audible or lingual ?

They communicated using mental telepathy before they fell out favor with the big guy.
It was then that the people lost their telepathic and other super mental powers and were forced to begin developing verbal languages. This saw the birth of the grunts and groans that some people actually continue to use to this day.

So regarding the Op's list of potential super human mental powers, it's quite possible we may have abilities to tap into the unknown.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo
I have been googling up results for PK, or Psychokinesis, and found some related terms to it. Most were controlling things like fire, ice, light, sound, and amazingly, life and appearance, and physical abilities.

These abilities to manipulate these things like i said above, sound like what a deity can do.

If we master our PK, ESP, and Mind, can we be the gods we worship, ending death, war, famine, and even fear?

For people who are wondering what terms were they, here they are just to ring a bell.

Pyrokinesis
Cryokinesis
Telekinesis
Biokinesis

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Shoomoo]

You have to define deity a bit more. My definition of deity is different to your understanding. What abilities does your idea of a deity have to possess? If it is merely the ability to manipulate things, then me can already do this. Without the need for Psychic abilities.

Thanks, Brad

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cunnobar the Slayer
Well you will need to be re-incarnated alot more times to 'purify' your abilities to reach a 'God level power' but if you have one of these abilities then you have already taken the first step!!

I agree with this post. I also think that this road would take thousands of lifetimes to reach the goal point.

I tend to believe the human spirit is nearing the first step as a whole.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GuardianAngel7209

Lol....... Just lol..... Have you ever tried any kind of kinesis? That's what i thought.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well everything is just someones opinion so it is possible.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i like to think when god creates us we know nothing, so he made life and suffering so we know the difference between good and bad. and over time and after life and death we may and can become just like he or she or it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i just had this idea, that if we are able to become gods through thousands of lifetimes, then why is there still a christian religion if thousand lifetimes is possible?? Thanks sticky for that post.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

i just had this idea, that if we are able to become gods through thousands of lifetimes, then why is there still a christian religion if thousand lifetimes is possible?? Thanks sticky for that post.

I'm not sure I understand your question, are you saying that IF we can all eventually become gods then why would we need a religion, or just the Christian religion?... Clarify?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think everything is possible. That way I miss less.

I've been reading a lot about quantum physics and quantum psychology though and it all seems like we are the universe and can change it (ourselves) however we like it, it's all vibrations, and we produce controlled vibrations with our brains or even with our vocal cords.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Top be at the Deity level you have to master selfless compassion and
be a great meditator-to allow those higher energies in and discover those
light-being dimensions already within.
Psychic powers are not indicative of enlightenment and can be used
to harm others.

The story of the Tibetan Saint named Milarepa comes to mind.
After his inheritance was stolen he became a shaman with extraordinary
powers and destroyed the thieves. However, he realized that by harming
living beings he was on an endless suffering cycle of an eye for an eye that
would continue karmically for numberless lifetimes. So instead he found
an enlightened Tibetan Lama and went through purification hardships and
became a great meditator who was subsequently enlightened.

This is an example of a murderer who changed and became a Saint.
An argument against the death penalty-too.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Because someone dreamed up a cookie cutter view of how someone should live their life. Just because it exists, doesn't make it right.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Because someone dreamed up a cookie cutter view of how someone should live their life. Just because it exists, doesn't make it right.

It also doesn't make it wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If anyone here truly thinks that they have paranormal abilities of any kind I invite you to take this challenge.

www.randi.org...

Many have tried and all have failed.

If you truly have these abilities or know of anyone who does then they should have no problem performing them under a controlled enviroment.

Who will man up?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
To my way of thinking all you have to be is capable of choice. If you actually belive in free will then you definately are some kind of godlike creature. Choice implies power. Power to change your reality. If you don't believe in choice then you are definately not godlike. If you believe you can make choices then you have a godlike power. It s very simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join