It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field Manual for the Free Militia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Militia being every citizen who is fit to carry a weapon they should just obtain all of the information on the subject of Military Science that they can in order to be more effective citizen soldiers. There is not a single source I have read that I consider to be a primer on the subject.

Soldiers might only read one or 2 manuals on their military specialty but a militiaman must learn a number of specialties in order to be effective and well rounded in the military sciences.

My personal military science top picks from my own library in no particular order are listed below. All are available online on scribd or other sites.

Sun Tsu: The Art of War (Classic Military Science)

"Block by Block: The Challenges of Urban Operations"
Published by: U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Press
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas (Modern Classic on Urban Combat)

FM 3-24 Counter-Insurgency (Must read for any future insurgent)

FM 3-05.222 Special Forces Sniper Training and Employment (Good basics on ambush and sniping skills)

FMFRP 12-80 Kill or Get Killed (Classic of Hand to Hand and Close Combat Skills)

Minimanual of the Urban Guerrilla By Carlos Marighella 1969 (Not bad writing for some communist)

The Police State Road Map, March 2005 edition, Michael Nield (Know your Enemy type of stuff)

The GLOBAL SOVEREIGN'S HANDBOOK by Johnny Liberty (A really good book on off the grid living)

THE SECRET TEAM
The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World
By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.) (Another know your enemy type of book)

Unrestricted Warfare
Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui
(Beijing: PLA Literature and Arts Publishing House, February 1999) (Classic in the outside Asian perspective, well constructed)

There are more but it would depend on what you hope to accomplish really to guide you to the best material. These are information best suited for leadership in the militia. IMHO

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I stopped reading as soon as it started talking about Christianity.

Teaching about arming and instilling a sense of "God's Will" in them at the same time can be a very, very dangerous thing in my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Yep...I was also looking at what the ideal weapons to arm yourself would be...

#1. Ruger Mini 14 - Im not sure if this is a regional thing but some areas have alot of people that have these...personally out of all the people that i know who own guns this piece isnt really talked about...

Then an M1 carbine...HA "Let me just run out to the local gun shop and pick up an M1 in great condition"

AR-15...Yeah 3rd on this list...Lots of people have at least one and spare parts and some ammo...I wouldve put this as #1 or #2

Springfield M14...Yeah nice to have but how many people do you know that will have a sufficiently upgraded M14 that wants to get it dirty...and look at ammo availability...(i know all ammo is tough to get but you can still score AK ammo if you know where to look)

Oh good the AK made the list finally...Before this last election you would be a moron not to pick up an AK and 1000 round of ammo for less than $700 if you were joining a militia

And last on the list is any HK guns...(sounds like a fanboy wrote this list actually)

Guns not to get...Shotguns and pistols...WTF?...

Im not sure, but if you are fighting in a militia unit are you held to the geneva convention? So when you pick out your ammo get FMJ cause you could be charged with violating the geneva convention if you use hollowpoints? =More "fanboy, wish i could join the army" rhetoric

Dont forget your woodland camo so you can be shot/locked up first!
Oh yeah and even though a shotgun or pistol is of no use make sure you get a bayonet in case you have to do some up close and personal killin'

Further proof that anyone named Skip cannot be trusted...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree that the manual is peppered with Christian retoric, and I can tell you you don't have to be Christian to be in a Militia. Face it boys, we are all in the Militia, if you believe in the Constitution, that is. Read your second Amendment again. All able bodied men will stand and fight if it comes to that. The powers that be and the military are afraid of an armed Militia, and well they should be. Can you even imagine an army trying to take over the countryside by force with militia running around, with the support of the citizens, shooting at them from concealed positions at every opportunity? Ever seen Red Dawn? Anyway, knowing a lot of military personnel, I am of the opinion the military would be on the side of the people...they too swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. I am not advocating a war, what is needed is a council to go to Washington and tell the Congress and the Senate what will happen if they fail to straighten up and fast. This is called "putting the fear of God" in them. Check these films out.

Mr. Johnson was not kidding, and neither are we. Are you listening, New World Order? We will not lay down quietly, we will not go away. Your time is over, so get out now while you still can.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
reply to post by Miraj

Then an M1 carbine...HA "Let me just run out to the local gun shop and pick up an M1 in great condition"

Springfield M14...Yeah nice to have but how many people do you know that will have a sufficiently upgraded M14 that wants to get it dirty...and look at ammo availability...(i know all ammo is tough to get but you can still score AK ammo if you know where to look)

Whoever wrote this list isn't very bright. The Springfield M1 carbine and Springfield M14 are the same thing. M14 is just the military designation for the selective fire version.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Yeah i think the guy who wrote the thing was talking about a springfield M1A (the civvie model)...I know im giving him ALOT of credit

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1992f3cb8964.jpg[/atsimg]

I think hes actually just a fanboy trying to make his existence relevant...

Gotta tell you...I was attempting to get on the executive committee for a local militia but it was short lived because the guys who are trying to set it up are all fanboys who would salivate at the chance to sniff the underpants of a real soldier. They are re-enactors, middle aged fat guys and they want to attach the "state guard" to the national guard.

So far in my region I have only seen people who want to go play army without having to sign up or do pushups...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My problem with all of this here is the assumption that "Situation X" is just a single thing by some people. I would argue that survival is much less likely to be an act of being in a war Red Dawn-style and much more likely to be something like surviving a natural disaster. Many many more people are put in moral danger annually by tornadoes, floods, hurricanes and wildfires than by the "New World Order."

Guns are great tools for survival, but they are just one tool, and god forbid you actually need that one against a fellow human being! In the end the goal is to be to survive the unexpected and help as many others as possible do the same. This year alone I would bet that thousands of people will be displaced by natural disasters, scores more will die and there will be true survival situations all around our nation.

We need leaders, we need prepared people, and we need well-rounded survival strategies.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Well look at what happened during Katrina. You will have to have the nuts to stand up against police and national guard when they come to take your weapons or forcibly remove you from your home!

But then again with all the talk lately the probabilty of having battlefields on our own soil has gone up considerably...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Who was forcibly taken in Katrina? The only people who's guns were taken away was those that went to the FEMA shelters, and that was a matter of needing their help, so taking their terms. That's the point of survivalism, being able to take care of yourself and others in a crisis, especially to the point where you do not have to accept other's terms in order to do so.

If you wanted to stick out Katrina, you could, up to the point you called it quits and needed help. A survivalist could hopefully make it through something like that and not need to be rescued or put in a shelter, hence you wouldn't need your gun on any other people aside from looters perhaps.

I fear this attitude of wanting revolution, or war, or conflict, that seems to be cropping up more lately. People it seems have started to glorify battle, and really prepare like they want it. War is ugly, nasty and will scar everyone. Armed conflict is never a desirable solution, and is instead an option of last resort. Even in cases where it is absolutely needed, and there have been many of those cases, it's very important to remember what happens in war: Human beings, that love and think and feel the same as you, suffer and die horribly.

There is also the issue that no matter how many weapons, how much ammo and how good the armor, that the people that go against the government will die. Look at Waco, Ruby Ridge, gang warfare and the gangsters of prohibition to show it. In the end I believe that we need to figure out ways to avoid these conflicts, conduct change without blood, because in the end the odds are that it will be the militia that does not survive.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Who was forcibly taken in Katrina? The only people who's guns were taken away was those that went to the FEMA shelters, and that was a matter of needing their help, so taking their terms. That's the point of survivalism, being able to take care of yourself and others in a crisis, especially to the point where you do not have to accept other's terms in order to do so.

If you wanted to stick out Katrina, you could, up to the point you called it quits and needed help. A survivalist could hopefully make it through something like that and not need to be rescued or put in a shelter, hence you wouldn't need your gun on any other people aside from looters perhaps.

I fear this attitude of wanting revolution, or war, or conflict, that seems to be cropping up more lately. People it seems have started to glorify battle, and really prepare like they want it. War is ugly, nasty and will scar everyone. Armed conflict is never a desirable solution, and is instead an option of last resort. Even in cases where it is absolutely needed, and there have been many of those cases, it's very important to remember what happens in war: Human beings, that love and think and feel the same as you, suffer and die horribly.

There is also the issue that no matter how many weapons, how much ammo and how good the armor, that the people that go against the government will die. Look at Waco, Ruby Ridge, gang warfare and the gangsters of prohibition to show it. In the end I believe that we need to figure out ways to avoid these conflicts, conduct change without blood, because in the end the odds are that it will be the militia that does not survive.

I agree. I don't believe heavily in some big armed uprising. An uprising of peace needs to happen if you want to change anything

The main reason I own my equipment.. is for a TSHTF scenario where there might be looters trying to harm me for whatever reason. I don't really care much about property.. the only reason I will kill someone is if they pose an imminent threat to my life.

The only reason I would fire at the government or any rep. there of.. is if they were rounding people up like they did in russia, and just shooting them then burying them in mass graves.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book. I'd be right there with you!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Miraj

Absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book. I'd be right there with you!

It worries me to see people up in arms, it really does. Not because of fear they will fail, but in fear that it would end up like Russia. The Russian Revolution debatebly made things much worse for the Russian people.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Violence brings violence, I truly do believe that. I agree with you about the Russian Revolution, while things were bad under the Tsar, I doubt many people would every choose to live under Stalin.

I also find the really scary prospect in history of what happens when people start to glorify war, and ask for it. Usually the result is really horrible, World War I comes to mind here as a perfect example, but really it's also one of the ideas behind Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany and the Taliban. When we see violence as a legitimate course of action instead of what must be done when all legitimate courses of action fail, we enter very dangerous ground.

I'm really getting worried that we're going to start to see the absolutely horrible domestic terrorism of the 1990s come back again. Probably the only positive thing to come out of that era was the fact that the attacks we did against ourselves were so tragic that it turned many off from doing similar things.

I think people need to remember, in the end anti-government Americans and Islamic extremists both have the same immediate effect when they act violently: They murder Americans.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Youve got to be kidding me...Were you living under a rock during Katrina?

Source:
www.oneangryman.com...

Thats just the first article i clicked on...Watch the video!!!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

The M1 Carbine is not the M14. The M1 Carbine is a .30 semi auto created for folks who needed something a little more handier than the Garand like tankers, paratroopers and truck drivers. The M2 Carbine being the select fire version.

The M1A is an M14. Firing the 7.62 NATO. The last "battle rifle" of the U.S. military.

Very different guns.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That entry was incredibly dishonest, it skirted many of the principal facts on the ground, and spoke in very vague overall terms. "...we will take all weapons." was in the context of the Superdome site, not the city overall. Disarming any American city is insane and probably completely impossible. There were many many problems during Katrina, but it was absolutely nothing that could not be withstood through careful planning and preparedness on the part of the individual. The video in that post was produced by the National Rifle Association, and is quite alarmist. Honestly though having the NRA do a video about the evil of government gun control is like having Hitler do a movie about Jews, it's not exactly a fair thing.

This is fear mongering, pure and simple. If one wonders why there is this growing anti-government fear out there it's because of stuff like this. As I said before, armed resistance is futile, disturbing and morally disgusting. If you want change, demand it with peaceful means. We've seen how to do this already, the Civil Rights Movement, India's independence, and the end of Apartheid were all brilliantly done largely peaceful movements. By picking up a gun with other options left, you are just asking for them to be used against you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That entry was incredibly dishonest, it skirted many of the principal facts on the ground, and spoke in very vague overall terms. "...we will take all weapons." was in the context of the Superdome site, not the city overall. Disarming any American city is insane and probably completely impossible. There were many many problems during Katrina, but it was absolutely nothing that could not be withstood through careful planning and preparedness on the part of the individual. The video in that post was produced by the National Rifle Association, and is quite alarmist. Honestly though having the NRA do a video about the evil of government gun control is like having Hitler do a movie about Jews, it's not exactly a fair thing.

This is fear mongering, pure and simple. If one wonders why there is this growing anti-government fear out there it's because of stuff like this. As I said before, armed resistance is futile, disturbing and morally disgusting. If you want change, demand it with peaceful means. We've seen how to do this already, the Civil Rights Movement, India's independence, and the end of Apartheid were all brilliantly done largely peaceful movements. By picking up a gun with other options left, you are just asking for them to be used against you.

I'm not sure exactly what happened at Katrina, but I agree on the fact.. That it is very difficult to completely disarm a city, especially when half of the city is under water and the residents are on their roofs needing rescue. It's counter productive, while the Army strips people of rifles the people on the roofs are starving.. and more people would die in the wasted effort than would be saved than by preventing any shootings.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Back to the subject of Survival Guides. This link isn't the guide you are looking for, but I found it very informative. It is all under the pretext of surviving a "Zombie" uprising and I almost dismissed it while researching my book.

However, after reading through some of the threads and information, and finding out that they have active chapters, stage practices, and do charitable work in the communities, I decided to give them some attention.

IMHO, this group is a great alternative to an actual militia, and they have some great survival literature and training!

zombiehunters.org...

I think the Zombie thing is a brilliant and humorous cover for an important subject, but who knows.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
heres a good survival manual although its not militia based

U.S Army Field Manual 3-05.70

top topics

<< 1   >>

join