It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field Manual for the Free Militia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was not sure where exactly to put this. I know that discussion on militias and survival for many go hand-in-hand so I gave this board a shot. Mods, please move to a more appropriate board if necessary.

I was watching some YouTube video the other day and they mentioned a document released in the mid 90's called the Field Manual for the Free Militia. They did not go into detail on what was contained in it.

When I tried to find a pdf version of it on the internet, I came up short. The best I could find was a html site www.publiceye.org...

Does anyone have or know of a pdf copy of the actual document that was released?

Are there any other documents of similar nature?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ummm...

You can get the actual document from the address at the bottom of the link you posted lol

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here's the full thing in HTML.

Part 1

Part 2

edit to add:

I should warn you those links came from the Stormfront forum so you're almost guaranteed to find some sort of race-based crap if you leave the pages of the 'manual' and go clicking around recklessly.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

Edited again to add:

This version is much nicer (PDF) and so far free of any skinhead connections.

Field Manual of the Free Militia

[edit on 8-5-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Yeah, I am looking for a pdf version not a hard copy. I don't know if there is any difference in the html version such as diagrams or pictures or even more content. I don't really see a need to have a printed copy, nor would I want to mail off for one.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I know that discussion on militias and survival for many go hand-in-hand so I gave this board a shot.

And that is where you are very wrong. Being a survivalist and being in a militia have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Survivalism is about being ready to protect yourself and your family from an unknown sitX. Whether it's natural disasters, civil disorder, or man made disasters. Militia's are not about survivalism, they are about defending your country or fighting your own government if necessary.

Don't try to brand them as the same, they are not.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

He did not say they are the same. He said that they go hand in hand . . . IMO, they do go hand in hand.

The SitX is the government cracking down on us.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Thanks for summing that up for me

Originally posted by Anuubis
Militia's are not about survivalism, they are about defending your country or fighting your own government if necessary.

So individual defense is not an aspect of survival now. Guess all us survivalist can toss out our handguns.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It sucks that the Waco incident brought negative publicity to militias. It was due to the 2nd Amendment that US was saved from invasion by two global powers in the 20th centry. Both Japan and Russia considered invading mainland US. But did not because of the 2nd Amendment. Even Russian personnell who were interrogated said they were never afraid of the US military. It was the armed civilian population they feared. Fighting house to house, block to block is devastating to any invading army.

Having militias makes it even worse. They are self trained. Know the surrounding land well. And they are organized. Best deterrent to any foreign or domestic threat to the US.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by Anuubis

He did not say they are the same. He said that they go hand in hand . . . IMO, they do go hand in hand.

Which will lead to civil unrest and total chaos and the need to bug out. I have been a survivalist since about 1985 and have never had the urge to join a militia. So no they do not go hand in hand.
And i didn't say he said they were the same.

Wolf, you obviously did not read all i wrote. I said survivalism is about being able to protect you and your family. That means shoot some dumba@@ if you have to.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by Wolf321

It sucks that the Waco incident brought negative publicity to militias. It was due to the 2nd Amendment that US was saved from invasion by two global powers in the 20th centry. Both Japan and Russia considered invading mainland US. But did not because of the 2nd Amendment. Even Russian personnell who were interrogated said they were never afraid of the US military. It was the armed civilian population they feared. Fighting house to house, block to block is devastating to any invading army.

Having militias makes it even worse. They are self trained. Know the surrounding land well. And they are organized. Best deterrent to any foreign or domestic threat to the US.

And i have to disagree with you on part because Waco, the Montana free militia, and Ruby Ridge did not alter the views on militias for us survivalist's, only the sheeple who think that only our government can protect us. WE NEED OUR MILITIAS. But they still don't go hand in hand with survivalism.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

I'm creating a new thread to continue this line of discussion. I would like to keep this one open for a response to my original post. Look for the new thread to be titled, 'Categories of Survivalist'

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is definitely some overlap with militias and survivalism. The two arent joined at the hip and participating in one doesnt automatically force you into another.

There is some overlap with the hippies as well. Those earthy-crunchy commune types are certainly a class of survivalist.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To continue with the 'militia aren't survivalist' discussion please go here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still looking for anyone with or knowing of a pdf copy of Field Manual for the Free Militia.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
reply to post by Anuubis

I respectfully disagree. I would not want my hand anywhere near "the militia" neither home nor abroad.

A militia is called to action as a result of something very specific, usually political in nature.

Survivalism IS completely different. This does not mean I am coming down pro, or anti militia. It is my opinion that militia should be discussed on other forum.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is a manual for raising a Christian Army. I'm not against building and maintaining a free militia, but what this document advocates is an Army of God kind of thing justifying it's existence on the idea that nothing in the Bible can be argued.

I don't like this.

Check this out:
From the "Manual"
www.publiceye.org...

We cannot argue with any part of the Bible any more than we can argue with God himself! God has "laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed" (Psalm 119:4). If we disobey, we will surely fail (Matthew 7:24-25). We must make sure that whatever we do in any department of life, including the use of force, conforms to the truth and moral principles of the Bible. 1.1.2 The continuity of the Old and New Testaments If the Bible is the word of God, is it a self-consistent message? Yes! Some sincere Christians believe that the New Testament overturned the Old Testament rendering the Old Testament obsolete. But this is false.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
As a survivalist (using that word lightly) and a militia member... they tend to actually work together... kinda like left hand working with right hand... part of the same or similar thing but different in functions.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Would it be fair to say then that,

"Not all survivalists are militia members."

and,

"All militia members are survivalists."

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

"Not all survivalists are militia members."

and,

"All militia members are survivalists."

That is a much more accurate assessment. To be more precise it could be said that "Many militia members are survivalist." There are those in militias who function in roles, such as medics or in admin roles. As a whole however, yes militias are survivalist.

I'm glad you can come to accept that. Perhaps the media made stereotype can begin to wear off.

Just in case, as I have requested before, this type of discussion is better made here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still looking for pdf of the topic document.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The scribd link above has a download link which serves up a PDF file if you want one. I think is it just too heavy on the religious justification for my taste and very light on the military science aspects. IMHO

I could do better I think. I have read a lot on military science and can recommend far better books on the subject of small unit tactics.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Isn't the scribe pdf just a pdf copy of the html site and not the original book/pamphlet?

I have read through the ones listed in html on the web. You are right, it is heavy on the religious justification. I wasn't looking for a guide or anything, I just wanted to read something that I heard was a big deal for militia in the 90's. I was actually a little surprised with how religious it was, and it certainly nothing I would consider as a definitive source for forming or operating a militia.

Are you aware of any other documents for such matters? The Michigan militia website had lots of info on it, but nothing like guide or field manual.

I think if someone were to put together a good source on standard militia operation it could help towards ending the negative stereotype associated with militia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join