It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet your soulmate on ATS/BTS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well congratulations....

Despite Ian promising he would marry ME in a steamy U2U session....ooops said too much

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey, and I have no real idea why I said it. But ThewayIseeit helped my start on a path here that led to some amazing stops along the way at ATS... ah the connections and how they form a wonderous web.
Serendipity... I love that word.

Ding, you said you loved NY and it was exactly the view you would want if you could have any... So what did you think of Shasta? The Bay is pretty funky cool I must say.

Decisions, Decisions....
I wish you guys the best where ever you set up camp.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by seagrass]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Ding, you said you loved NY and it was exactly the view you would want if you could have any... So what did you think of Shasta? The Bay is pretty funky cool I must say.

Shasta was absolutely beautiful -- for a vacation spot. I still need to live in a city. I love the Bay Area, Ian really enjoyed New York. Who knows where we'll settle in the long run? Believe me, there's all sorts of negotiations and decisions being made, and although I'm resisting the idea of emigrating, I don't think there's any area of the country we've completely ruled out

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Sweden it is! Bork bork bork!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The "city" leaves it pretty wide open. You shouldn't have too much trouble then...

My mom's boyfriend is Swedish. I can't not laugh when they do that sing song voice.
I immediately think of The Muppet Show.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just realized I hadn't got around to congratulating you two. You both look so in love in that picture. It's amazing that ATS facilitated such happy fortunes for the both of you.

You both have given me some hope( not much mind you) because...

Originally posted by americandingbat

We're both in our mid/late-thirties, and had both settled into a sort of resolution and acceptance that we would never find "the one"; that we weren't destined for "true love" and that the best we could hope for was not to be too lonely.

^^^^^ that's me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the happiest thing I have ever read on ATS. Congratulations to you two! What a sweet story.

Keep us posted as things develop. I love wedding details! My husband and I were long distance at first and we only dated six months. We'll hit 10 years at the end of the month. Short engagements = long marriages.

Peace and blessings for you both.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Despite Ian promising he would marry ME in a steamy U2U session....ooops said too much

Thank you Oz! But perhaps I think you're mistaken - wasn't that was a U2U session about steam and the interesting weather patterns that can form from it?

You're a great friend, Oz, but I love lenticular cloud formations more!

[edit on May 12th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Congratulations!

I wish you both well.

I wish more of my friends were interested in "alternative topics"....always wondered what it would be like to date a girl into conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Maybe SDog should head up to Canada to pick you up next time he gets the urge to wander? I hope you find the right woman for you, GAOTU. You're an awesome guy for a platypus. (for the record that is a joke. G once said he looked more like a platypus than some other animal. Since I have never seen a picture I will take his word for it)

reply to post by kosmicjack

Great! You can help me plan! Maybe I'll go all Bridezilla on Ian and start a MATS blog on the wedding planning experience

Again, thank you everyone for your congratulations and well wishes. This is such a wonderful community

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
why start a new thread when we can do it right here...

Seriously, I only have one gem of advice for wedding planning. I have been in, coordinated, had, and experienced many of them...

Make it about you, and NOT so much your guests.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Make it about you

Thank you seagrass, that is just what she needed to hear.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Make it about you

Thank you seagrass, that is just what she needed to hear.

oh my? did I cause a prob?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Congratulations you two!
I've met Ian, during the big Road trip.
Maybe someday, I'll meet you two as a couple.

Hey, you can come back to Reno, Ian. Do one of those Drive-thru Weddings.
"Would you like Rice with that?"

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Congratulations Ding and Ian.

May your love bloom and become ever more bountiful.

Just goes to show that love costs nothing more than being in the right place at the right time and communication.

Best wishes to you both.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

ha yeat

would love to have ding and you living somewhoat next door to me

edit:
@ding i now what you mean about "living in the city"
i wouldn.t want to give up city life either

[edit on Sat, 16 May 2009 09:27:37 -0500 by orange-light]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As I said in another thread, I was introduced to this board by my lover who is a more longstanding member.

I am I think falling in romantic love with this man but I cannot call him my "soul mate" because I gave myself astrally to a Darker Lover (not of human form) some years earlier.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Having an ATS lover means fighting over who gets to be logged in...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goatflesh Gnosis
As I said in another thread, I was introduced to this board by my lover who is a more longstanding member.

I am I think falling in romantic love with this man but I cannot call him my "soul mate" because I gave myself astrally to a Darker Lover (not of human form) some years earlier.

A nice highlighting of a little paradox: is the love of our souls ours to deliberately choose to give or assign? My experience is that it often feels like it is not! But we are certainly free to choose to express. The paradox is, somehow the concept and actuality of "free will" remain intact. Best luck to you Gnosis!

Originally posted by silent thunder
Having an ATS lover means fighting over who gets to be logged in...

Ah, we've already encountered this problem. The trick is to use the firefox "profile manager" to create two separate browser profiles, each of which can have separate sets of cookies and bookmarks and such. Thus, no logging in and out is necessary! However, since stars and flags are given based on IP address, and not username, only one of you gets to star and flag a particular thread or post. A useful board security feature to keep people from exploiting "ghost accounts", but sometimes irksome!

And seagrass: no, no problem of course, I was just playing my Bridezilla-befuddled part!
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe we choose, but possibly before we arrive here. Such as soulmates, or the new conceptual twinflames.

Soulmates have now taken on a new lesser meaning though. Soulmates are now considered a common term for those we have made certain agreements with.
Twinflames is much different.

Being able to choose who you love, completely, is a gift. To have that person love you back is, frankly, a miracle.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join