It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I should be able to bash anyone i want for anything. It's called Freedom of speech you neocon slaves. It's when i ACT on my negative Freedoms where the problem is found. You guys wanna see something that will really make you sick? Head on over to " THE OBAMA FORUMS" and click on "OBAMA NATION WATCH" oh yeah these guys are just a joke sureeeee. then while you gander at the Retardation before you, go back to Google and take a look at the 2nd link "Websites that must be banned!" And ask your self this will they really do this? i dunno they seem to be arresting people with bumper stickers....

you make the call Tyranny or Utopia Foundation? which is it?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I wonder if they will arrest the US Soccer team? Don't Tread On Me will be the motto for the United States National Team as they march towards the the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa!!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There is absolutely no doubt about that there is an elevated drive to limit the extent of even more of our personal liberties.

As I suspected the Obama Administation like every other new Administration is working rapidly to solidfy the inroads the Administration before it made towards degrading civil liberties, by using those new laws and powers against the minority that was a majority when those laws and powers were first introduced. Of course that always delights what was at that time the minority that is now a majority, that saw it as a bad thing when it might work against them, but a good thing when it works for them.

It's a viscious little game where we are alternatively slashing our own throats while seeking to slash the other guys with a blade that is double edged and cuts both ways.

I have been a rebel my entire life but I do confess I favor Sherrif Buford Pussard's motto in Walking Tall of 'talk and walk softly and carry a big stick"

Simply put in nature the Rattle Snake is colored to blend in almost completely unseen in his natural habitat. Chances are if you have ever heard a rattle snakes rattle, it's a split second before you feel the bite.

The rattler doesn't display a sign except caged and living in a zoo, and it wasn't that rattler who put the sign there but the zoo keeper!

Your "Don't tread on me" bumper sticker might be a true statement of your political feelings, in a country where 'technically' we all have a right to free speech.

What you imagine is a warning, others will in fact see as an invitation and a challenge, or maybe better put a challenging invitation to see if in fact there is anything at all to your claim that when stepped on you like the rattle snake will react with split second and deadly preciscion as the deadly pretador you advertise yourself to be.

My best advice is if your not a deadly pretador, or not quick to strike when being attacked, and incapable of delivering the split second lethal response of a rattler, it's just not a good idea to pretend you are one.

Mafia hoodlums generally don't drive Town Cars with bumper stickers that say "Career Criminal, Loaded Gun without Permit Onboard, 2 Kilos of Illegal Narcotics in Trunk Catch me if you Can".

There is an excellent chance though despite that lack of advertising or fair warning that if pulled over or encountering someone who has serious reasons to object with that lifestyle and those things, that he will respond with lethal force.

Walk softly carry a big stick, that's my motto, don't let them see you comming, don't let them see you going, and if you want to pretend you won't let people tread on you, it's only real when you don't let people tread on you.

This happless, well intentioned, politically motivated, disgusted and disatisfied American as most of us are...ought to be sued...that's right sued for false advertising.

His bumper sticker should have read "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing I B'aaaaa at the Moon"

People who imagine that such a bumper sticker is a badge of their courage and beliefs who proudly stick it on their vehicle only to then display that they are a creature of an entirely different nature are simply romantic fools whose good intentions born of real fears only cause other people fears that they react to in a proactive way.

I have to tell you if I walked out in my yard tomorrow and saw a fresh hole in it with a little sign that says "Home to Rattle Snake" that snakes got to go, and I will hunt it, until it's fled or dead, because I don't want anything I know to be deadly, on my property, and while smart snakes and smart humans will generally head in opposite directions they truly can't when one either accidentally or deliberately 'treads' upon the other.

Battle Flags don't make great bumper stickers when everyone knows there is a very real and potential battle brewing.

Battle Flags are for rallying around in mass in a call to arms to do battle.

We don't send our Special Forces as solo operators into hostile nations and territories in U.S. Army or Navy uniforms, or t-shirts that say 100% American, we send the wolves in looking like sheep.

Sending in sheep looking like wolves...I think they shuold have kept the guy for 72 hours for lacking conviction of his principals and lacking any common sense.

I like most people have some sadistic tendencies, I generally won't pick on others for sport though to indulge them as it's not the most attractive quality to display as a person. I have to be honest though when someone says "Don't you pick on me", well that's an invitation I can't resist.

We are a society that has completely lost our way because we have completely lost almost every shred of collective and individual common sense.

False Advertising is a violation of Civil Codes!

People if you want to fight something or someone fight a good fight not a stupid fight. People itching for a fight and advertising that they are itching for a fight, are bound to invite one...I can prove it too, watch the responses I get for this post!

[edit on 8/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Here is a PDF. copy of Homeland Security's guidelines to local police agencies, pay attention to pages 7 thru 10.....wnd.com...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
"down with swine flu, kill all the pigs!"

Even a bumper sticker saying that should not warrant a pullover by a power hungry pig. Don't get me wrong I respect the police but only when they respect the people they serve.

"Don't tread on me?" you have got to be joking.

Abort Obama, abort congress, abort the lot of em!

The corruption at the core of society has become very transparent.
It is time to make a stand. Don't feel like there is nothing you can do because there always is. Whether it be on a large or small scale, everything helps.

This is psychological and class warfare on an unprecedented scale and the war is far from over.......

"Touch me again with the words that you will hear evermore DON'T TREAD ON ME!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Here is a PDF. copy of Homeland Security's guidelines to local police agrncies, pay attention to pages 7 thru 10.....wnd.com...

Wow thanks for that link. I'm going to give that a good look through. I say the get stickers and pass them out is a good thing. Perhaps advertise around town for local meetings where people can get together and discuss these issues. We have to start somewhere right? Tea parties are going on but make it a more close to home feeling in small gatherings. It's important to get this out one way or another.. Maybe?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess they will be arresting everyone in New Hampshire soon.

Everyone has that on their license plate, unless they removed it in the last few years.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Too bad we can't still make good use of the BUCK FUSH stickers any more, those were fun.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
For all those wanting to support this man:

Shirts:
Don't Tread On Me Shirt (Yellow)

Stickers:
Don't Tread On Me Bumper Sticker

Since when did freedom of speech and opinion become illegal? Since Bush and the new Messiah said so? I don't think so.

Proudly show that you will not be subverted by your 'elected' leaders. The cops want to stop people showing this flag? Spread it everywhere.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This story does sound plausible, because there was a likewise incident in Missouri (I believe), a few months back. Some individual had a similar sticker, or a sticker that criticized President Obama, and he was pulled over as well. However, the Chief of the local LEA stepped into the middle of the case, and made it known that the driver was completely within his 1st Amendment Rights, and therefore he was purposefully instructing his officers upon such.

As a matter of fact, the Chief LEO of the MO State Police bashed DHS for bypassing his review authority, in that they sent their "Extremist(s) Memo" to LEOs within MO without his prior consent or approval. He definitely reigned in Napolitano, and all that I can say is Good For Him!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
For all those wanting to support this man:

Since when did freedom of speech and opinion become illegal? Since Bush and the new Messiah said so? I don't think so.

Proudly show that you will not be subverted by your 'elected' leaders. The cops want to stop people showing this flag? Spread it everywhere.

Just to correct you on one measure however, President Bush never trampled upon our Freedom of Speech. The only issue which someone might declare in POTUS Bush's term which affected Free Speech, most likely pertains to the "Patriot Act". However, the "Patriot Act" was essentially an emergency legislation passed in leu of 9-11, and over time it is being modified accordingly. STILL, the Patriot Act never affected anyone that I know, and I have known some truly Leftist, Anti-Bush individuals.

I have never noticed such a level of viciousness and oppression aimed towards critics of an Executive Administration, as I have now. POTUS Bush could laugh off insults, and many of his supporters simply ignored the ranting; whereas POTUS Obama (even to the admission of insiders) is vindictive, and many of his supporters resemble lynch mobs. During the Campaign Season, you could barely criticize anything about Obama, without being labelled a Racist, Redneck, or Repugnant. Even now, with his elected Power, he still feels the need to address and attack ANY criticism of himself, whether it be from a Talk Radio Host, or a Journalist. There is definitely a new level of childish pettiness present in this current Administration, and if we do not keep it in check, it will only get worse.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by janon

Are you making fun of the chosen one? Are you?

That was disrespectful. All true believers know that "Chosen One" should be capitalized!

Since when are we responsible for how other folks perceive things? If that's the case are we not allowed to purposely misconstrue things the opposition says as well?

I feel so threatened sometimes....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonkoTheSane
"Don't tread on me" is the Virginia state moto. Sounds like the cops need a reality check.

Nope. "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ("Thus Always with Tyrants") is the Virginia state motto.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Abort can mean terminate.

Terminate can mean to kill.

Now in the context that the bumper sticker was used, can't you comprehend that he was referring to his presidency? I mean is it really such a brain strain to figure this one out? And don't you think that it is most likely that it was the cops political views that motivated him? Lets be real here.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Just want to say.... I haven't read every thread on this but.... as much as I think it is wrong and bordering on fascism to do what the government is doing we need to step back. This is nothing new. John Lennon (The Beatles) had a HUGE FBI file and was considered a subversive and dangerous to the American way of life... John friggin' Lennon. I don't know if any of you remember this but, right after 9/11 (somewhere between 9/12-9-20) the government put out a list of songs which shouldn't be played on the radio. "Imagine" was one of those songs.
My point is, this sort of thing has been going on here forever. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry, upset, or motivated to do something about it within legal channels. What I am saying is that this is not new, you are only aware of it now. Awareness is a good thing. Maybe this country will turn into a fascist tyrannical regime. Or, maybe it will just keep doing what it has always done. There was a time when just mentioning the word "communism" would get you put on a list. Nothing has changed, just different players and different trigger words and phrases.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is just another example of the ever increasing police state being instilled in the United States. This incident is by no means an isolated event as things like this seem to be happening on a daily basis. It seems that freedom of speech has well and truly been defeated due to the people (majority) of the nation not standing up and protecting their liberties.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is just another example of the ever increasing police state being instilled in the United States. This incident is by no means an isolated event as things like this seem to be happening on a daily basis. It seems that freedom of speech has well and truly been defeated due to the people (majority) of the nation not standing up and protecting their liberties.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

It seems to me that police officers have serial killers, murderers, and a lot of other crims to chase. Is the reason they are persecuting harmless bumper stickers because they are NOT doing their job?

What is on these bumper stickers can be seen every day on tv - and a lot worse.
So, what is going on with these prosecutors?

I think they are shirking their jobs, but trying to make their quota of arrests.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
This is a hard one to swallow. Cops stopping people for what is written on thier bumper stickers. Sounds to me like someone is trying to sell bumper stickers to paranoid people who believe everything they read from the National Inquirer website.

This is a very good point.
We need more information about what really happened.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The whole point is that if I want to put a Don't Tread on Me bumper sticker on my car, the CONSTITUTION guarantees that I can.

or how about this one?
"Those who would relinquish liberty to gain security, deserve neither and will soon lose both." -Benjamin Franklin-
This is considered extremist too yet the government puts his face on money

In the United States freedom of expression is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
The First Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791. The Amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

Moreover, this right is recognized INTERNATIONALLY.

The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression".[1][2] Furthermore freedom of speech is recognized in European, inter-American and African regional human rights law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Let's do ourselves a favor and not make excuses for dismantling our CONSTITUTION and ruining what made our country so great to begin with....okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join