It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

www.worldnetdaily.com

A Louisiana driver was stopped and detained for having a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker on his vehicle and warned by a police officer about the "subversive" message it sent, according to the driver's relative.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Department of Homeland Security is compiling a list of what they consider as 'threats'. They are targeting returning veterans, animal rights organisations , supporters of presidential candidates such as Ron Paul , photographing people at tax (tea party) demonstrations.Facism is slowly becoming a reality in this country right under our very nose.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think I may just go out and buy me a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker. Nazi police work at it's finest. Maybe we should all do this and send a message. Sounds almost like they are trying to provoke people who voice their opinions into causing a incident or a scene so they can prove they are dangerous. I am starting to get a little worried more and more each day.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
WORLD. NET. DAILY.

Might as well be the Weekly World News.

Quick look! Those cops are persecuting Batboy!!

+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

What were we thinking....

FOX, CNN, NBC - now those are reputable new sources!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
WORLD. NET. DAILY.

I am pretty new here, and I don't feel comfortable starting a thread yet, but is there a list of "Unreputable" sources somewhere already? I know that is a relative term, and yes CNN, FOX, NBC can be thrown in that bunch, but what I am looking for are the several internet sources I see ATS people attacking regularly.

I would like to know what to look for as I am reading, and so I am not naive enough to list one later unless I have verified it elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Warned by a police officer ?

Was the "Don't Tread On Me" sticker right beside the other bumper sticker
that said "Fight Swine Flu : Kill All Pigs ! " ?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Boy ohh boy did you say a mouthfull, I think you hit the nail on the head...they are trying to provoke a incident. And they seem to be pushing a little more each day. We need to keep informed and ready.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

What are they (or you) worried about?

Didn't DHS "correct" the "Extremist Advisory?"

Didn't they "recall" the "Extremist Lexicon" defining the terms they use in all of their other advisories that are "For Official Use Only," not to be distributed to the public or media, and "Exempt from the provisions of the FOIA?"

The government is our friend. They know what's best for us. Just ask Barack Obama.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

WORLD. NET. DAILY.

You beat me to it Grafilthy. Very astute!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

WORLD. NET. DAILY.

I am pretty new here, and I don't feel comfortable starting a thread yet, but is there a list of "Unreputable" sources somewhere already? I know that is a relative term, and yes CNN, FOX, NBC can be thrown in that bunch, but what I am looking for are the several internet sources I see ATS people attacking regularly.

I would like to know what to look for as I am reading, and so I am not naive enough to list one later unless I have verified it elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Start a thread with any source you want. It won't matter anyways. There will always be someone who will state that your source is laughable.

The best thing you can do is to post multiple sources if possible. If not, then just ignore the posts that does nothing but rip on your source.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I waas stopped recently because my bumper sticker had s-h-i-t in the phrase. I filed suit against the department, and was thrown out because "I was not punished".

Getting a bit scary out there.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

WORLD. NET. DAILY.

Not that I'm defending the source, as I dont know a lot about it, but a quick search of the author shows that Bob Unruh was a very well respected member of the Associated Press for 27 years.

Perhaps people ought to look at WHO writes the story, instead of where it appears.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
when a so called conservative news outlet reports what the mainstream media ignores, its easy to deride that news source as 'whacko' and 'tabloid'.

and thats the idea.

thats how public opinion is manipulated by the mainstream media propaganda machines, the frontline of the socialst coup detat of the united states.

we'll see more thought-crime reports as the grip of the BO administration tightens on our necks, while the mainstream media looks the other way.

in todays political climate, our founding fathers can be equally accused of being dangerous right-wing extremists.

it's just beginning:

Oklahoma City police officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

we the people... are now enemies of the state.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Im getting myself one of those bumper stickers. Hell ill even get it on a shirt. I will even fly the flag outside my home. They cannot keep doing this.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Thanks for your input.

Boy ohh boy did you say a mouthfull, I think you hit the nail on the head...they are trying to provoke a incident. And they seem to be pushing a little more each day. We need to keep informed and ready.

That is great advice. I have informed my friends and family exactly how to act when approached by a police person without cause. Most police are great people, and I have several friends on forces (including FBI). They will tell you that standing up for your rights calmly and politely will go a long way.

www.flexyourrights.org...

Here is a great source even if you don't buy it. I just read the free parts and learned a lot.

Good advice from a friend of mine(who is a lawyer) is to politely give them your first name nothing else(this is if they just randomly stop you, different if a traffic stop, or you're being stupid). When the questions go beyond that kindly state that you feel you shouldn't answer these questions until an attorney can be made present which are my rights. They'll usually just leave you alone. Only happened to me 1 time in Miami. The officers just told me to have a nice day and let me on my way. They know when they're fishing and the smart ones know when to stop. It's the stupid ones that keep going and escalate the situation that get their departments sued for millions.

I shared that advice with everyone I love from this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

I was thinking about doing the same thing.

I don't know if any of our police would 'get it' though.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Guys, google
this story is real

Anything close to freedom is now dangerous
if you are freedom loving you are a threat

they can't get any more backwards than that!
that's as backwards as it gets

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

WORLD. NET. DAILY.

Right! Tear up the messenger. Forget the message.

Here are some others you might want to go after:

“Oklahoma City police officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle” newsok.com...

"Man With Pro-Life Sign Pulled Over, Faces Police, Secret Service"
www.lifenews.com...

"Did a police seizure of an 'anti- Obama' sign violate the first amendment?"
www.guardian.co.uk...

"Oklahoma City police pull man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle..."
www.upi.com...

Maybe the ACLU will help you.

jw

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Come on. The sticker said Abort Obama.