It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC, Hamas and Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just thought I'd open this up for discussion as at the time this really bugged me and still does a bit. It would be interesting to hear other viewpoints.

On 25th January (during operation Cast Lead) the IDF patrolled the Gaza Zoo and documented their findings here:

www.youtube.com...

6 days later, on 1st February, this video appeared on Youtube:

www.youtube.com...

A further 2 weeks later, on 18th February, this BBC article appeared:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I think it's important to view the items in chronological order before posting your thoughts.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My thoughts?

The IDF and Israel are scum of the worst kind.

I don't trust a second of footage or a word of any "report" they produce, because everything I have seen stated as true by Israel has been PROVEN to be propaganda.

I suppose you're going to tell me that the IDF found the Zoo in this way, that it was Hamas who did all the damage?

While I don't like Hamas, and I don't think they were justified in their continued attack against Israeli civilians (the IDF are fair game as the invading force) I trust Israel far less.
I believe that the IDF attacked the Zoo, set the stage for a nice little propaganda piece for the "animal loving West", then continued their rabid slaughter on their way out when their job was done.

How any sane person can trust an iota of information produced (read: manufactured) by Israel is beyond me. They've consistently lied throughout the massacre, censored the press, denied the evidence, targeted civilians...
And all with the blessing of America and the collaboration of silent nations like my own twisted little country.

Israel did one thing in their Dec/Jan slaughter...
They reminded the world of just how evil and dangerous a government can be, and that other leaders will still sit by and do nothing.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well said my friend apart from a few bits!I wouldnt believe a word the IDF says either.I wouldnt say Israel is scum,it cant be full to the brim of religious fanatics licking their lips and drooling at the thought of killing muslims with weapons from uncle sam then stealing their land and water.

Its the same thing with America,a good half the population are not frail unmanly warmongers who realy think their boys are out there protecting their freedom!

There are Plenty of good jewish people in Israel who are disgusted at their leaders actions,like there are plenty here in England who are sickned by our so called leaders who care more about money than life itself.

We shouldnt tar every one with the same brush,I know Bush and Blair did by invading countries over the actions of a few people from Saudi-but we dont have too.

I think the BBC isnt perfect either,I am getting fed up with their constant Iran smearing.Its the same in the papers,if you notice an Iran story without a writer taking credit then its taken straight off the army intel smearing machine and given to all rags to print

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

I should point out that when I state "Israel" I refer to their elected government, their representatives. I don't for one second believe that every Israeli is as hateful and violent as their leadership.

I know this isn't the case because there was a lot of leaked footage of protests from Israeli's against their own government while they were attacking Gaza.

We have a great example of this in my own country; our government is weak and morally corrupt. They don't represent me or the will of the population, and they'll see the results of this at the next election.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Did you even watch the video? It was live footage of IDF soldiers patrolling the zoo and recording what they saw. There was no manipulation, no editing, just the video and commentary. They uncovered booby traps and fuses leading directly to a school together with weapons caches - AKs, grenades and RPGs. It was horrendous and chilling.

Did you watch the second video? The Palestinian claims that the IDF first killed a pregnant camel and some monkeys, then shot some lions (why?). But they missed (how?). Then the lions escaped (how?). Then they tried to shoot them again, but missed (how?) and ran away. Somehow the lions ended up back in their cage (how?).

It's the most ludicrous piece of Pallywood propaganda I've ever seen. It just makes no sense. And yet the BBC fell for it hook line and sinker and deemed it newsworthy (yet the footage of booby-trapping of a school and a zoo released a week earlier was not). That says a lot more to me about the BBC's institutional hatred of Israel and all things Israeli as it does about Gaza Zoo.

And if you want to discuss hatred and violence, try doing a Google image search for "IDF" then comparing it to one for "Hamas" and tell me where the hatred lies. But then I suppose the pesky Joos control what goes on Google as well?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well said my friend apart from a few bits!I wouldnt believe a word the IDF says either.I wouldnt say Israel is scum,it cant be full to the brim of religious fanatics licking their lips and drooling at the thought of killing muslims with weapons from uncle sam then stealing their land and water.

Its the same thing with America,a good half the population are not frail unmanly warmongers who realy think their boys are out there protecting their freedom!

There are Plenty of good jewish people in Israel who are disgusted at their leaders actions,like there are plenty here in England who are sickned by our so called leaders who care more about money than life itself.

We shouldnt tar every one with the same brush,I know Bush and Blair did by invading countries over the actions of a few people from Saudi-but we dont have too.

I think the BBC isnt perfect either,I am getting fed up with their constant Iran smearing.Its the same in the papers,if you notice an Iran story without a writer taking credit then its taken straight off the army intel smearing machine and given to all rags to print

You do realize that Hamas tries to create media sympathy in order to make isreal look bad dont you. Case in point when during the invasion they had there parliament meet by candles to show the power was out. Problem was it was broad daylight and actually had to close the curtains in order to make the room dark. Hamas is nothing more than terrorists do you want to see how much they care about there children read this

www.crimsonpolitics.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have a hard time finding anything good about the Israeli govt and Hamas. They both kill civilians just to kill civilians, and totally abuse their propaganda machines to place all the blame on the other side. They finger point and blame the other side for the exact same things they both are doing. They are both hypocrites of the worst kind. No matter who started it 50 years ago or whatever, at this point in time, as of today, both sides are to blame.

But this is what happens when the west tries to muck around where they shouldn't be mucking around. There was no need to place the displaced Jews from WW II on that land, they could have went to South America or Africa. But they had to go to Palestine, and that is what started it all.

This was probably an NWO plan from the get go so that these 2 sides would "eliminate each other" (and yeah I think NWO has some zionists, but it also has some muslims, ultimately I believe it's a catholic thing) in the end. If that is the plan, it is going according to plan the way I see it.

Now the pope is there supposedly trying to broker a peace agreement, and I suspect that the emperor has something very sinister up his sleeve in this regards.

Maybe if both sides started acting more "holy", and treated one another with respect, and realized they are both just pawns in the Illuminati card game of life, we wouldn't have these issues.

Of course, most of the world's populace doesn't know they are just pawns in the illuminati card game of life, so why should these sides be any different?

But why can't people at least respect one another and treat others how they would like to be treated, rather than trying to kill the other sides civiilan populace?

top topics

join