It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 - New Alien Movie-August 14, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
More economical doing viral ads.
I kinda like em, actually. More engaging than a simple commercial and they make you think beyond the intended medium kinda like books do.
Setting up a website vs hiring a big ad firm and syndicating commercials when you haven't shot enough footage yet could be another reason, but I think it's more about previous successes being undeniable...virals are here to stay.
Apparently this viral campaign has been in effect for over a year already.
I kinda wish they'd done the Halo movie instead, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards.
District 9 it is, then!

What I hate are those commercials for movies interwoven with other stuff like the NBA/Angels and Demons deal...creeps me out when the cross-promotion gets into high gear sometimes.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"District 9" sounds like some Farscape/SVU clone, that belongs on scifi, however seeing the trailer raised my curiosity, along with hearing Peter Jackson will be behind this.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I remembered John Lears opinion in which he thinks the government is going to scare everyone by projecting and acting out a Holographic alien invasion, to seize all privately owned weapons to be collected by the government in return for everyones SAFETY from the "hostile" alien species that will invade earth, the Media might say that "the alien species find planet earth and all weapons a harm to them." The purpose of seizing all privately owned weapons and returned to the governments, I dont know.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Spielberg sold out Tesla to the extraterrestrials, so the Illuminati saga continues.
I hope Spielberg gets paid every time extraterrestrial is plugged on the
net as an excuse for ignoring Tesla.

The Illuminati must be so happy with this guy selling out.

ED: Have fun

[edit on 7/24/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Although your link is funked i did manage to view the trailor on somebody elses thread..... looks pretty good and the Alien looks the Alien from Predator

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

After watching that video it looks like this movie is just highlighting problems in South Africa...... is that what it's going to be like? As if the Aliens are people living in Africa?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Great story~~!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join