It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 - New Alien Movie-August 14, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Yea, what I was trying to say was he was playing off of modern issues with different races and applying it to a 1st contact scenario.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yes, that would take a lot of the drama out of it, since it was a epic story,lol. Also I think that if Frodo would have hitched a ride from the Eagles he would have been noticed and the Nazgul would have attacked and killed him.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

trailer without pixels and with subtitles

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Estharik]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Gotcha man..

Either way, this should be quite the flick...the way Neil brings such an organic look with the XF of Weta's workshop - we should be in for a real treat.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If anyone cares to watch the short film that was made as the basis for the movie here it is.

I wonder if the aliens in District 9 will have the power suits from the short film?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by jkrog08

Agreed, how did you feel about LOTR?

Great story.....BUT...I always wondered why Frodo didn't just get a lift to mount doom from one of those eagles in the first place. All that hiding, climbing, fighting, despair and trouble when all you got to do.... is Whistle!

But it was the Journey that was the story eh?

[edit on 8/5/2009 by nerbot]

Because the eagles don't like to interfere with earthly matters unless they absolutely have to, you have to understand, but yet again the movie and book kind of contradicts itself by having the eagles appear at the end of RotK and helping Gandalf and the fellowship at the Battle of the Black Gate.

However, that is due to the fate of entire middle earth being on the line, they needed to help distract the forces of Sauron to help Frodo and Sam drop the ring and destroy evil once and for all.

Good question though, you're right, there wouldn't have been much of a series

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Finally a good alien movie with a better message. Hope to see more of these, if you going to use movies to put ** in people's heads, then at least do it right.

here's the HD versions of the trailer from apple.
www.apple.com...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Bad Taste....brilliant film! Considering he shot it with a bunch of mates it is surprisingly good!

"Ooh I've got a chunky bit..."

Hilarious!

This new Jackson flick looks good though! I await with interest...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
* Never mind, it is called Alive in Jo'berg. Amazing that they gave the guy a full length movie of his short though. Impressive.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by 4demon]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
Finally a good alien movie with a better message.

You've seen it then?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
*These are qualifier words for a topic Bump.*

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ive been following this movie for about a year now.
Neil is a newcomer to the major film industry.
His other short films are just amazing.
This all happened because no studio wanted to fork the bill for the Halo movie.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WOW! This looks really good! I can't wait.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Interesting that on the viral site mnuspreadslies.com, the writer refers to a group called 'Pro Forma'. I guess this is what the non-humans are called or something, but I remember seeing a different name being referred to somewhere.
Anyways, it reminds me of the aliens from the Ender's Game book series; the Formics, which were, incidentally, also insectoid-types of beings.
Interesting when you compare the apparent parallels, but I might be missing something obvious like a Latin or Greek root word or something.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I felt bad for the aliens seeing the translation (thanks for the unedited video BTW)..God, I surely hope we wouldn't be like that for real. Hell start an alliance with them, not a war!!

I realize it is only a movie, but I fear it may be all to true....

EDIT to add: I wonder what that floating platfoem is, since the alien said they had their ship???

[edit on 5/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think the floating platform IS their ship... I want to know how the heck humans managed to take over something that big without blowing it up? Definately going to be an interesting movie... that or it won't make any sense

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Maybe they encompassed it in a EM field or something?

I dunno, it is interesting..

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

I want to know how the heck humans managed to take over something that big without blowing it up?

LOL, I always notice how we talk as if we aren't humans are ourselves!

lol........

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
George, the alien being questioned, says they never meant to land here in the first place and would leave if they could, so maybe they kinda ran outta gas or whatever they use.
If you watch the Alive in Joburg short, they go into a little more detail about the ships(plural) sorta falling apart and the aliens were making attempts to syphon water and electricity from the infrastructure.
I wonder if the comment about the condition their ships were in came from first-hand experience, or if it was just John Q Public parroting what the MNU media was portraying in order to justify their own actions kinda emulating how we know the media works nowadays.
Meanwhile, the MNU works on back-engineering technology from this supposedly peaceful and misunderstood race of beings for destructive purposes.
My guess is that the crashed ship was a result of initial and hostile action on the human's part.
If you browse some of the viral content that's out there, you get a better picture of what's supposedly going on...more like Alien Nation as some have mentioned.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

God, I hate virals, first Cloverfield........Now this??

It does add a air of realism and suspense though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join