It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 - New Alien Movie-August 14, 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

District 9

Saw the preview for this movie attached to Wolverine...Looks like a cool alien invasion movie. In it, you see an alien being interviewed in its native language and its face pixelated. (to amp curioisty/marketing) Its massive mothership hovers over some city in another shot.

> Synopsis: It's a docu-style sci-fi thriller about aliens landing in Johannesburg, South Africa during the 80's. They are soon confined to this township once they are incriminated in petty crimes. Soon after, proverbial hell brakes loose. Based on the short film, Alive in Joburg (2005).

Release Date: August 14, 2009

Produced by Peter Jackson

Directed by Neill Blomkamp

Starring: Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, David James, Mandla Gaduka, William Allen Young

Movie Trailer: District 9 Movie Trailer

[edit on 8-5-2009 by EclipseReloaded]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This could become a reality. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Really sit and think about the genetic programming your gonna have to tear down when your walking alone at night with a giant alien insect walking towards you on the side walk.... no way to judge emotions.

If only all aliens looked like fluffy kittens. i vote for all cuddly or fluffy aliens to move to earth right away.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Peter Jackson did the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I think were very well done, so can't wait to see this one.

-E-

Check out d-9.com... go through the trailer and it has some weird alien tracking system thing.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like alienation, but in Africa. anyways shouldnt this thread be in BTS?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This movie has a good message. Hopefully they pull it off. Visit the website at www.d-9.com . The movie is about racism and fear. I think it will be quite good.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
WICKED!!! kind of reminds me of the Half-Life 2 game.

Half Life 2 Trailer

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
if this is anything like peter jacksons other sci-fi movie " Bad Taste" then im hooked!

Will we see the return of Derek? Will Barry, Ozzy and the boys fight off these alien scum??

If youve never seen Bad Taste, see it now! its one awesome movie (and highly gruesome).

www.imdb.com...

"jeez guys, youll never guess what i just had to do?"

" did you have to drink some chuck?"

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

I doubt we will see people fighting off alien scum in this one...

This movie is more about a race of beings coming here with advanced technology and being "locked away" by united governments while they try to figure out how to use the "alien" technology for themselves.

This will not be your typical "earth is invaded, lets kill the aliens" movie. It has a deeper message than that.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
for sure twitch, i know its going to be a deep intellectual movie..

Cant quote peter jackson and sci fi without getting a plug in for Bad Taste though..

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

This is what's wrong with humanity. A refugee from planet Zorgon should be treated no differently than a refugee from Darfur.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's saddening that alien 'scum' will be declared 'scum' just because of what they look like. Obviously, they can't help what they look like, they were born that way, just as we are born in our own way. Judging based on looks is what's holding us as a species back, and I hope this movie(Which I think it will, as someone said it has a good message on racism and judging) spreads the word that even if aliens look hideous, nasty creatures that doesn't automatically mean they're evil or intend to do wrong to us.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
District 9 is District 6, but with the 6 upside down...

District 6

Obviously following the same theme...

Should set up Neil to do the Halo movies just nicely...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Great news, Peter Jackson is one of the best directors ever IMO, his work with LOTR won the trilogy 21 academy awards, and made that one of the best movies (scifi and non) ever. I cant wait to see this movie.

On a deeper level, is this a possible step towards disclosure, a major motion picture analyzing the reactions of the human race to a possible alien scenario? Either way it shows we are starting to think deeper about it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, star and flag.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The apple trailer doesn't work....here is a trailer from IMDB.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

On a deeper level, is this a possible step towards disclosure, a major motion picture analyzing the reactions of the human race to a possible alien scenario? Either way it shows we are starting to think deeper about it.

I doubt it, I'd say it's the other way around.....movies like this play on the existing beliefs that are out there, and in turn reinforce things like possible disclosure. A viscious circle perhaps?

I certainly don't think this is any "preparation" but more like a way to make money off the public and perpetuate the mystery for even more hollywood sci-fi.

I do like Peter Jackson though....not sure about his "king kong" movie. Takes more than special effects to make a great movie sometimes. THAT is reflected in his first movie that someone mentioned earlier.

"Aren't I lucky....I got a chunky bit!"

We'll see...

[edit on 8/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Agreed, how did you feel about LOTR?

That is my favorite movie, and will likely ever be topped. I think also he is playing off modern scenarios for "1st contact".

BTW, have you hears any info about the "Hobbit"?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I think also he is playing off modern scenarios for "1st contact".

Not really...as I posted earlier, he is rehashing the apartheid issue from the 70's...

Kinda a reminder of what humans are capable of - even with an event such as 1st contact...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Agreed, how did you feel about LOTR?

Great story.....BUT...I always wondered why Frodo didn't just get a lift to mount doom from one of those eagles in the first place. All that hiding, climbing, fighting, despair and trouble when all you got to do.... is Whistle!

But it was the Journey that was the story eh?

[edit on 8/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
First off I'd like to say thanks to the OP for sharing this. I haven't been to the movies in a long time and after watching the trailer this looks great.

I've spent the last hour or so going through the d-9.com site, the trailer... what really got me was after watching the official I found the trailer with subtitles and no pixelated face. It makes your wonder if it would be possible to detain an alien species like that and try to steal their technology... assuming the subtitles were correct. I also watched the youtube short film and it seems to confirm the plot. Anyway I look forward to seeing this, I'll definately have to go out to the theatres for this one.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Can you link the non-pixled face trailer?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join