It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama budget nixes aid for jailing illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Obama budget nixes aid for jailing illegal immigrants

thehill.com

President Obama voted in the Senate to provide additional funding for a program targeted for elimination by his budget that provides states a federal subsidy to offset the costs of jailing illegal immigrants.

2005: "Throughout our country and in my state, there are counties and municipalities that are covering the costs of dealing with education, healthcare, and law enforcement without adequate or any federal reimbursement," Clinton said. "So we have left our local and state governments to fe
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, here they come!
From all over south america!
Can you hear the foot steps now? Getting louder and louder arn't they.

You’ll be able to tell your Grandchildren, you were there… you saw it all, you watched America slowly torn apart, mutilated and dissected from within by it’s first Emperor and King.

This is election payback before the coming amnesty -- pure and simple

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I just wish Big O would realize that doing something about illegal immigration will signifigantly help all of our social systems. Instead he strips the budget that is a necessity to deal with the effect of illegal aliens. And not to mention he completely flip-flopped on his support

As an Illinois senator, Obama co-sponsored an amendment offered by then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), now Obama's secretary of state, that would have provided additional funding for the program. It also would have established a grant program to defray local government healthcare and education costs for non-citizens

-E-

[edit on 8-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The catch phrase of comedian Bill Engvald is, "Here's your sign!" given to anyone caught doing something really dumb.

Well, to the U.S. government and all of you that voted to put them in power, here's your sign, and it reads:

Habla espanol, todos?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing
You’ll be able to tell your Grandchildren, you were there… you saw it all, you watched America slowly torn apart, mutilated and dissected from within by it’s first Emperor and King.

Funny you say that
I once met a native american that was telling his grandchildren about how your grandfathers did that to their nation.

Karma perhaps?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I once met a native american that was telling his grandchildren about how your grandfathers did that to their nation.

Karma perhaps?

Guess that native American is clueless because I know for certain that my grandfathers never did such a thing. Mine came over here many years later and legally immigrated. And I know I am not the only one who is not related to the original foreigners of this land.

Amazing the lies that are told to the young.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by inked up]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked up
Guess that native American is clueless because I know for certain that my grandfathers never did such a thing. Mine came over here many years later and legally immigrated. And I know I am not the only one who is not related to the original foreigners of this land.

Ah yes, I always read posts like this
simple answer "then the comment doesn't apply to you, but still does to many"

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Karma perhaps?

Star for you.

Sadly, MA has probably convinced himself (?) that it is a true story, and is now trying to do the same to us.

Revisionist history ...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ah yes, I always read posts like this
simple answer "then the comment doesn't apply to you, but still does to many"

Since you are not American and really do not understand, I will explain further. Do you realize that most Americans here are not even related to the foreigners who first came here and fought with the natives and claimed the land as theirs? I would gander to say that most legal Americans here derive from people who came many many years later and legally became citizens.

Grant it, I am assuming based on history. I'm sure if you can prove me wrong, I will accept whatever facts you provide.

But really the comment you made about our grandfathers, native Americans and karma is absolutely irrelevant to this topic. Because it does not entirely lie in facts.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Back to the topic. I find this interesting:

According to the fiscal 2010 budget, Obama's administration thinks resources used for the program could be better used to enhance federal efforts to curb illegal immigration.

I just do not see one exclusive of the other. They go hand in hand in my opinion.

It emphasizes that the budget will provide funding for 20,000
Border Patrol agents, and $1.4 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to support the quick identification and removal of illegal aliens who commit crimes in the U.S.

Again, what will be done with all those illegals that are caught? Will the pro illegals allow them to stay in their house until they are quickly identified and than picked up and taken back to Mexico? And just how are they going to quickly identify all these illegals? It is not like they are honest and not like they are carrying around legal identification.

This sounds a lot like Obama saying he will close Gitmo without having any solution to place these people. The cart before the horse, clearly.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Sadly, MA has probably convinced himself (?) that it is a true story, and is now trying to do the same to us.

Revisionist history ...

I do apologize to all that will think I am derailing the thread.
however I do think that because of some of the responses history is definately not off-topic.

Settler colonialism happened, it's not propoganda
You saying it didn't happen is propoganda
the stories you learnt about thanksgiving is propoganda

[edit on 8-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Jailing illegal aliens is not a solution.

If you put them in jail then they become part of the judicial system which bleeds us dry and prevents the proscution of other worse criminals. I am all for "catch and release". We simply can not afford to jail all of these people. Send them back!

This from the article :

"In place of SCAAP, the administration proposes a comprehensive border enforcement strategy that supports resources for a comprehensive approach to enforcement along the nation's borders that combines law enforcement and prosecutorial efforts to investigate arrest, detail, and prosecute illegal immigrants and other criminals," the budget states. It emphasizes that the budget will provide funding for 20,000 Border Patrol agents, and $1.4 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to support the quick identification and removal of illegal aliens who commit crimes in the U.S.

is worth repeating. but it's at the very bottom, of course.

let's not get all knee jerk every time Obama does something.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I, nor anyone I have seen, has said that what the first foreigners to this land did was right or justified. And again, as an non American I think you may a little naive on what most Americans know, regardless of what was taught in school books. I certainly do not know anyone personally who is not aware of what was done.

However, most people I would bet do not come from these animals that did these horrible things to the natives of this land, but come from people many years later who had nothing to do with any of that. And even if they did, the comment is still wrong. The people of today have nothing to do with the choices and actions of people of many years ago.

So, again. Completely irrelevant to any of this, in my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

And please add that it is a huge fallacy to try and impose modern morals (or political correctness) on the actions of people living in the past.

No doubt future generations will think much (all?) of what we do rather barbaric.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I, nor anyone I have seen, has said that what the first foreigners to this land did was right or justified. And again, as an non American I think you may a little naive on what most Americans know, regardless of what was taught in school books. I certainly do not know anyone personally who is not aware of what was done.

Oh yes, I'm sure that over 70% of the population does not know the true meaning of thanksgiving or think that their ancestors were native to this land.

And if the sons and daughters of the colonists want to truly seperate themselves from their great grandfathers then why today are natives still stuck in reserves?

Why is thanksgiving still being celebrated?
Why are kids being taught that thanksgiving is to thank god for food and this land and not thanks to our colonial ancestors for stealing this land from the natives?

However, most people I would bet do not come from these animals that did these horrible things to the natives of this land, but come from people many years later who had nothing to do with any of that. And even if they did, the comment is still wrong. The people of today have nothing to do with the choices and actions of people of many years ago.

So, again. Completely irrelevant to any of this, in my opinion.

I completely understand your point.
My only reason for brining this up is to avoid the same type of anti-immigrant posts I see in every illegal immigration thread.

And ONE POINT I WANT TO MAKE!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE LISTEN ALL!

many say the sins of the fathers don't go to the sons and daughters.
I agree, it's not your fault that for some of you your great grandparents did this.
However the same people that say it's not my fault also comment on amnesty.
And say that if illegals come to this country and have a baby, that baby shouldn't stay either.
But if it's not your fault what your fathers did, it's not the baby's fault either.

So many are children of amnesty being derogatory against other children of amnesty.

new topics

top topics

join