It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Just say NO, and the course of history can change: Gerald Celente

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
The interview did happen, exactly as transcribed. I've heard the audio myself, and know it for fact. I don't make the decisions, and it's not mine to release, so I won't.

I'm sure it did, but by only posting the transcript and not the audio, it makes it look like the staff don't trust questioningall to produce a podcast good enough to be representative of ATS - unless they plan on posting it at a later time?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First off:

Im glad you got to do this, if journalism is your thing, bravo.

Second off:

You should promise to do another interview this time next year with him, and lets see where we are at.

Do you really truly buy into 100% of what this guy says? I mean, current economic conditions as of today, are far from where we were at in the beginning of the year, I say we should all focus on the POSITIVE instead of the negative.

Again, congratulations

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS Press Corps

Possibly the most important message ever published on ATS.

o.

Errrrmmmmmm...

Thats a bold statement?

[edit on 8-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
90% of just about everything is bluff. The parasites live in the dark, that hate to be exposed to the light.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I myself would have preferred that the audio be released through the ATS media portal, but as I said before, I don't make the decisions, and indeed don't even know if that particular decision has even been taken yet. The audio exists, and could conceivably be released later.

I'm not familiar with 'podcasts' (my kids are kind of crazy after them, though) or what goes into their production, so I can't speak to the suitability for a podcast. I DID work in radio a few years ago, during my last year of high school and again while I was in college, both times at the same commercial radio station. With that background in mind, I think that it would have been suitable for release as a radio broadcast, quality-wise, in it's finished form. The time factor would have necessitated more editing to fit it into a standardized time slot. I can't speak to the legalities involved, though.

The only editing I did on it was equalizing the volume levels necessitated by the varying equipment used (one input had more gain than the other), and cropping out of 2 minor sections that were mostly noise, and had nothing really to do with the interview itself.

The interview section itself, without an intro or outro, is 34 minutes, 24 seconds long, and the mp3 file is 10.239 MB. That could be a factor in the release or non-release, I don't know.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/8 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thank you for the post well done!

I must say that it does not take a soothsayer to predict the events mentioned. I myself predicted the bubble bust economy in the 80's. The United Corporations of America that would replace and supersede our civil rights. The rights of man and put us on the road to fascism. Eisenhower warned us in is departing speech as President.

One question I would like to ask Mr Celente is if he believes single payer insurance will come to pass in the USA??? It seems the corporations are growing tired of the expense and would rather foist it off to the taxpayer.

Let's hope so.

In human history there has always been the power to say NO this is nothing new. Things must get very bad for this to happen.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kernalpanic

Which is why we need to go more towards a direct Democracy. Where people decide what they want. And again, these are the kind of changes that need to take place and kind of things we are talking about and when we talk about a revolution, those are the kind of things as well.

This statement disturbs me. While I recognize the fact that the current government is against us and we have no voice, this direction is counterproductive in my opinion. As mentioned by the late, great Aaron Russo in his interview with Alex Jones, the founding fathers hated the idea of Democracy. 51% of the people control the other 49%? That's counterintuitive as far as I am concerned. I don't care if %99.9 of the people want to curb one of my rights....they can't have it!

Proportional Democracy is the most advanced form of democracy on the planet. This is what the Scandinavian countries, along with others, including Norway that year after year has the highest standard of living in the world, enjoys. 51% do not control 49%. Unlike our winner take all platform, you get the percentage you vote for in the house. And as a consequence, people arent afraid of splitting left or right votes, but form many more parties.

Its always like a minority government with much cooperation and press coverage of all house activities, and much more power to people's imput.
This is needed the world over.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS Press Corps

"I have to tell you, I have FOX news, welcome me more than any other broadcasters. As far as the liberal media, I don't get any coverage from it at all. Even when I talked about the failings of Bush, the liberal media wouldn't give me any coverage.yeah, sure I know about Rupert Murdoch and on and on. But, at least I have a voice on that medium, I don't get anything from the others."

That says it all folks. What a bunch of dribble. My 2 year old can make two point predictions with just as equal accuracy as this. Don't fall for it. I don't know if I should laugh or cry but I predicted by the time I was finished reading this I would be doing one or the other. And guess what I predicted right.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nicely done !!

Now for the hard part , how do we get the other 99% of Americans to take heed of this message ? For if they don't , then God helps us all for what awaits us .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I going to send Mr. Celente being very polite, a e-mail and ask him to please inform me how to say NO! with out get my head busted.
From past experience when dealing with the police in full cooperation, five of them tried to kill me, heaven forbid if I had used the terrible word NO.

I did learn this though, I once made a mistake of asking the Officers a question, when I was suddenly surrounded by like 10 cops ready to pounce. I remembered some very important words "Yes Sir, No Sir, Sorry Sir". I was amazed they just all went away, and I did shortly after that.

Sorry if I have bad sentence composition, but I fell asleep in third grade and didn't wake up till they handed me my Diploma. I'm working on it though comma here, period there I'm getting it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

The staff has never heard the audio and the fact is - the audio is decent - could it be better? sure.

But as a written interview it is understood more and as I see it - this is from my point of view only, no one elses.

But just as we do here at ATS - we will grab headlines from other websites including interviews and we post them here, dont we?

So - don't you think it makes sense for it to be written - and since the Press Corp material will be original, doesn't it make sense other websites might grab our material and use it on their website and link ATS?
Other websites could not do that with audio.

Again, that is strictly my take on it. But I also like it written more - myself. Look how people have been able to copy and paste various portions to reply to.

The written is exactly as the audio and yes for those who have questioned if the interview even took place. I only have one thing to say - Do you Really think ATS would allow their reputation go down in one fell swoop by having an interview made up? Give me a break!

That will be the only time I reply to that statement.

Thanks to Mr. Celente for a wonderful interview!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hi questioningall,

First, I don't mean to downplay the amount of effort you put into this. I know what an arduous and time-consuming task it is to transcribe audio (or video), especially 30+ minutes of it! So you get an A+++ for effort, that's for sure!

I just don't see why it has to be an Either/Or deal. Some people prefer to listen to audio/video interviews, some prefer to just read the transcript. Why not make both formats available, like Project Camelot does for example? The audio could easily be posted to the Media portal and linked to from the OP of the discussion thread....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

IMHO There are a few ways to " say no "

Stop giving support to " junk media " and junk T.V

Stand up for individual rights and do not support any politician that tells you that you giving up a right in some ways makes your life better .

Get out of debt .

Don't allow your self to get caught up in the " name game " Dem. Rep.

Try and check different sides to each story and pay attention to how a person decides to present info , for that can tell us a lot more then the info that is being relayed in some cases . Ask yourself , how does this info and my belief of it benefit the person relaying the info ? What are the ramifications of me believing this info ?

Hold onto your beliefs and don't let the present time lead to a sense of hopelessness and never let anyone ever turn you into that which you detest .

Plant a garden , ask your grocery store if they stock G.M.O foods , then ask if they realize how sales could suffer greatly if the stores patrons ever found out that they were eating such food .

Anyway just a few thought of one might say " no "

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great first article for the press corp.

As a member of the press corp myself it looks like I am going to have my work cut out for me!

I am very impressed not just with the interview you managed to get but with the article as a whole!

Very well written and extremely interesting.

Good job!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For me the written word is so much better than a podcast or down loadable file dailup ISP takes a good while I will skip Ytubes altogether rather than have to waiting 30 min or more to get to see 5 min of video .

Print is just fine for me . If this was a sound file I would still be downloading it I read the interview and all the comments and time to comment .

Good job excellent interview and great information .

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Let them eat Frankenfoods!

Having listened to the Podcast which does indeed exist, I must say this was truly a stand up moment as it was not so much the words spoken in volumes, but the energy behind what he said and the passion of his conviction for every human being on the planet.

This man TRULY cares. He is in a position to simply buy a remote island somewhere and live out his life relatively oblivious to the troubles of the common man, yet instead he continues to reach out to anyone that is willing to listen.

Having listened to a number of Mr. Celente's interviews, this one touched me with it's honest candor and refreshing insights never before related in this manner.

The interview sounded more like two old friends talking than any of the others I have heard or seen on other medias. This alone stands as a credit to the fantastic job questioningall did on her first interview.

That he has given us the truth of what goes on behind the Msm agenda with his discussion about how he is asked to 'tone' it down, make it pleasant for the morning listeners is outrageous! I have always suspected that this goes on, that he is cut off and has even had entire interviews cut out is a really frightening reality.

I can only hope that Mr. Celnte makes the decission to become an ATS member and start posting away as he would be hard pressed to find a better discussion forum where he can bat around ideas and reach out to the global network we here enjoy.

questioningall, what can I say but congratulations on your first interview, I am proud of you.

Edit, Celente...

[edit on 9-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

EXCELLENT Sherrie!!!!!!!

I am surprised how much knowledge he holds of conspiracy theories? Never would have expected it. I have to say, I completely agree with what he says, he's 100% on about every thing. I too don't believe this was "planned" or orchestrated.. the one thing we do to harm our selves is place these bastards on a pedestal equal to Gods!

When you realize it was just the Country Club getting greedy... it makes the prospect we might take this country back that much more possible.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Amazing, my dad really likes celente ^_- thanks mr.celente!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Great interview

And it revealed a very important message: Stand up. They are no allmighty shadow organization. a Hydra from past times, that manipulates the whole population. No "Illuminati", no bilderberger or CFR. Just a bunch of greedy boys who have no human feelings left down their rotten hearts

That's what i thought all the time. And this revelation is only one step to maturity: It is hard to think that humans are capable to begin wars out of sheer greed and a sick desire for luxury. But it is childish to believe in some invisible enemy you can't fight against.

Wake up means grow into maturity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join