It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope"s visit to Mideast--powder keg??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Does anyone see a powder keg looking for a match in the Pope's visit to the mideast? All it would take is one nut job with a bomb to start WWIII. Suicide bombers have proven over and over, a dedicated bomber with no regard for his life is a scary weapon.
Dare I say this is a disaster of epic proportions looking for a place to happen??
Am I the only one who thinks this visit is a little daffy?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
you have a link for this????

Now that will be one hell of a powder keg.......
where is he going?
who is he meeting?
what will be the agenda?

waiting for more info!!!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I know this pope is supposed to to have a short "term" and is it not predicted that he will be assassinated?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

Pope will visit Israel ,Jordan and Palestinian autonomy, visit its holy/important places and speak with leaders. As for potential problem - it is not probable. He will be very heavily secured.
And i will be stuck in traffic jams.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
No crap he will be well guarded.

Just looking at where he is going, almost guarantee the 7th fleet as his personal body guard, the 5th for back up, almost all Sats for live feed, and any ground cams for relay.

When was the last time the POPE went in to the Palestine? Jordan? or for that matter, any where within the middle east?

As much as I hate religion, This POPE got Balls

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If the Pope wants to walk into a bed of rattle snakes that is his business.

Isn't the Vatican a big player in the new world order?

The Pope is just another actor in this global play we are all a part of.

He will be well guarded and no doubt orders will be given that not one hair on his body be harmed.

So, sit back and enjoy the show being played out for our benefit.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So far, the consesus of opinion seems to be that the Pope is well protected by numerous methods. I realize he is, but I still say, as well organized a different terrorists have been in the past, if they want to get you, and they don't care about their lives, they have a chance at success.
How about one of those homemade rockets the Palestenian were firing so many of recently. I know they are inaccurate, but you never know about blind luck, or the effort to just send a message.
The radical extremists in the nation of Islam only care about one thing--death to the west, and anyone who doesn't follow their views.
Last time I checked, i don't think the Pope was a fan of suicide bombers, and strapping bombs on children as a means to get a point across. Might be an interesting Papal visit.

top topics

join