It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in American Masonry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I posted some info on a few very "important" FreeMasons who were/are "black" men in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Freeworld

I hope I am reading your response correctly, because all masons "travel"! Right?

My reference was refering to what was termed Traveling Warrants, these were issued to military Lodges. This was just common sense.

During the days of the British Empire, troops were marched off all round the globe. They would have a traveling Warrany which allowed them to operate independently where ever they were posted. This then inspired others to join Masonsy, the troops were ordered off elswhere leaving a semi - formed Lodge behind.

This I believe is how Prince Hall Masonry Started.

You see at this time there was just about only UGLE as the authority in Masonry. Can you imagine what the Prince Hall guys would have had to do to get the Management at UGLE to issue a warrant to start a new Lodge in the West Indies.

I suggest it is more likely they were inducted by a Military Lodge and then asked for a warrant afterwards, to form a new Lodge.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by glee

[deletia]

So...

Has a lodge ever "gone bad?" I mean acted like the evil masons in conspiracy theories?

Don't throw shoes at me, please. (cringing)

Shoes?

Anyway, such an even has happened. I make reference here to Italy's P2 Lodge, as described at MasonicInfo.

As you can see from the text, when it was discovered that something bad was going on, the Grand Orient of Italy ("Grand Orient" is sometimes used in Europe in place of "Grand Lodge") shut it down. This is the way that Masonic jjurisprudence is supposed to work, and the way it almost always does.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Shoes?

Anyway, such an even has happened. I make reference here to Italy's P2 Lodge, as described at MasonicInfo.

As you can see from the text, when it was discovered that something bad was going on, the Grand Orient of Italy ("Grand Orient" is sometimes used in Europe in place of "Grand Lodge") shut it down. This is the way that Masonic jjurisprudence is supposed to work, and the way it almost always does.

Thanks, Alex, that was exactly the type of thing I was thinking about. Very interesting link.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Alex, yeah, this was a great link, very interesting reading. I had not heard about this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join