It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in American Masonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeworld_Esq.
I am not questioning your version of the history of Prince Hall Associated Freemasonry, however I heard a slightly different story. In the version I heard, Prince Hall wasn't accepted by any "other lodge", and it was while in the military he petitioned to the Grand Lodge for his own unique charter. That is how PHA was originated, not as an ofshoot of some previously established lodge (save the grand lodge). Also, I know from discussions I had with PHA masons, that if they greet a "white" mason, whom they know to be so by certain signs and symbols, they are often ignored. As if to say, they aren't recognized as brothers. From what I understand, Lodges have been integrating over the past few years, but some "old Timers" are still holding on to "tradition"!

No problem at all . these are not my words but sites I find in my sojourn around the internet.

But if your right , he would have had to petition an all white commitee. yes?

It is my understanding that Prince Hall Masonry is based on UGLE standard working and recognised by UGLE. So logic says that either would fit.

However we must remember that the forces would have been on Traveling warrants, as they moved around quite fluidly.

You have to ask , how who would he have petitioned, but like most things in Masonic history there is no accurate record.

If we qaccept the initiation into an existing Lodge that could have been done without refering the petition upwards.

But you pays your money and takes your pick.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now, this is getting off topic, but it is suggested by the idea that each Grand Lodge is basically independent. Even each lodge is independent, as long as what it does remains secret to all but lodge members.

So...

Has a lodge ever "gone bad?" I mean acted like the evil masons in conspiracy theories?

Don't throw shoes at me, please. (cringing)

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is little left to America that does not have some bias. We are a nation that creates bias.

All the semblance of honesty, truth, integrity, and open democracy fails once you experience the underlying structure. Just a tidbit, which should be accepted as a horror among honorble men who have ever taken the time to read The Lottery......

Financially strapped counties often take up the offer by the federal government to accept federal monies for the incarceration of inmates. The county is paid $100 a night for each inmate. As little as $5 is spent to house, feed, or see to the medical needs of those persons. But this is what the county receives the money for. Now as county representatives realize the profit that can be had, it becomes a regular part of the budget.

The county fathers automatically look to the jail to bring in that 2.5 million dollars. In one instance, Houston County, Texas, with a population of about 23,000 (not the large city), does this annually. In 2000, the jail was below standard in maintenance, the inmates were unable to get proper medical treatment, and the district attorney herself bragged the the press that the county was feeding the inmates on $3.17 per person per DAY.
Nothing was mentioned about their lack of medical care. Or the fact that the roof leaked, wire hung from the walls, and they lived without hot water.

Least of all was it known the jail housed 88 persons or more while it was built to house only 72. Why?
Well, in the final analysis, if a jail houses 88 at 100 dollars it receives 8800 dollars.
If they spend only 3.17 to feed all those inmates, the outlay is around 6800 a MONTH.

The question which may never be answered is where was the other 29 days of cash flow go? It was not going to maintain the building, or for medical needs.

Remember, this is America we're talking about. The America that you and I, and our children have to live in.

G

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by glee
Now, this is getting off topic, but it is suggested by the idea that each Grand Lodge is basically independent. Even each lodge is independent, as long as what it does remains secret to all but lodge members.

So...

Has a lodge ever "gone bad?" I mean acted like the evil masons in conspiracy theories?

Don't throw shoes at me, please. (cringing)

I'm sure that a small group of Mason's have conspired together on some level (get out of the house on a weeknight and hit the pub?) but a lodge is a terrible place to conduct such business. Visitors from other lodges, District and Grand Lodge Officers being present (my lodge meets 4-6 times a month and there's always a mucky muck present) not to mention the minutes are kept, read at the next meeting and submitted to the Grand lodge as a permanent record. This is not the kind of secrecy that covert designs can be laid.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Glee, good question....

I personally have not heard of a Satanic lodge ...
The Grand Lodges are themselves Independant of each otehr. Although, they do keep the same with the fundamental beliefs. Let`s compare it to a church..... ok.. catholic.... if you go to a catholic church in Italy, in the US, in Mexico, they are basically all teaching the same things, but may do some things differently. The Grand Lodges do not impede on others out of respect. Japan is very neat, becse we have 5 different grand lodges here in yokohama alone. But, this is by no means typical... it all had to do with what happened before, after, and during WWII. So, lodges started were allowed to stay prior to the making of the Grand Lodge of Japan. But, we all recognize each other as masons and on equal terms.

Now, if a lodge or even a grand lodge were to deviate too far from the established principals set by that particular Grand lodge, then they would not be recognised by the other lodges. So, this helps with ensuring that no rogue lodges pop up.

The Satanic side is not there, that would go against the most elementary beliefs in masonry and would not exist.

Now, not to say that there is some wiedo in the middle of boonsville running a satanic cult and give it the same name of masonry. But, I guess the same chance of a crazy guy saying he is has a baptist church and saying that God wants him to perform some perverse ritual on it`s members. Of course, we all know it would go against the basic christian beliefe, but he would call it that.

Just a curious question for glee...... if you do not want to respond, not a problem.

Why so curious about masonry? Also, have you considered trying the Eastern Star?

Sorry if too personal and if you like no need to answer. Just curiosity has taken over... ha ha

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
Just a curious question for glee...... if you do not want to respond, not a problem.

Why so curious about masonry? Also, have you considered trying the Eastern Star?

Sorry if too personal and if you like no need to answer. Just curiosity has taken over... ha ha

Good question, JC.

Partly because I'm curious about everything. When I stop being curious, it'll be because I'm dead. Partly because of my ex-father-in-law. Partly because of all the crazy things you hear about the Freemasons. Partly because of "The Man Who Would Be King". Partly because you have cool passwords and handshakes and signs. Partly because many very powerful men have been Masons.

My ex-mom-in-law was Eastern Star; it doesn't have the same history or cachet that regular Masonry does. If I could join a regular Freemason lodge, I might consider it. But I'm not much of a joiner, anyway. Which is why you won't hear me complain about the gender bias in Freemasonry.

And CoMasonry doesn't interest me, at least not right now, because it is not recognized by mainstream Freemasonry.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
True indeed he would have had to petition to al all white committee!

I was always under the impression that once chartered the 1st PHA lodge was stationary, I believe in Mass. somewhere. I think the name was something like the 1St African Lodge.

I hope I am reading your response correctly, because all masons "travel"! Right?

Oh, Here's a link I just came across

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Just wanted to add that, from what I understand the "descrimination" goes both ways. Not racism per se, but I know that PHA masons have issues with AF & AM masons and F. &AM and vice versa, there was supposed to be an effort a few years back to quash the petty differences.

I've been told that some of the symbolism and verbal tokens are skewed within the different sects.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You lost me garyo

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I hope I am reading your response correctly, because all masons "travel"! Right?

I thought it was Communists who called themselves "travellers"?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To be honset, I wouldn't know what the communist called themselves.

Even so, are they the only people allowed to travel? Or call themselves "travellers"?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

To be honset, I wouldn't know what the communist called themselves.

Even so, are they the only people allowed to travel? Or call themselves "travellers"?

No, but it could make for some amusing misencounters, couldn't it?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Irish Travellers are a nomadic group; a minority in Ireland that are largely discriminated against much as the Gypsies of Continental Europe and the Middle East. They are here in the U.S. and live in closed communities similar to traditional Mormon settlements. They are known for unethical business practices (con schemes) to support the group. Masonic traveling refers to the ancient right to work in foreign lands (biblical), the travels of Crusaders to Jerusalem, and the more modern (medieval) nomadic ways of outlawed Templar order.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by glee
[

No, but it could make for some amusing misencounters, couldn't it?

You are taught to recognize a Brother Mason in the dark as well as the light.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The Irish Travellers are a nomadic group; a minority in Ireland that are largely discriminated against much as the Gypsies of Continental Europe and the Middle East. They are here in the U.S. and live in closed communities similar to traditional Mormon settlements. They are known for unethical business practices (con schemes) to support the group. Masonic traveling refers to the ancient right to work in foreign lands (biblical), the "travels of Crusaders to Jerusalem, and the more modern (medieval) nomadic ways of outlawed Templar order.

i don't know which part of Eire you hail from but the "traveller" trades i've seen are hard graft and horses .
neither of which is a con .
there's alot of bigotry in the world against travelling people and like any other form of bigotry it's unjustified discrimination .

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dahei
i don't know which part of Eire you hail from but the "traveller" trades i've seen are hard graft and horses .
neither of which is a con .
there's alot of bigotry in the world against travelling people and like any other form of bigotry it's unjustified discrimination .

Unfortunately, dahei, a few bad apples have done a lot of damage here in the US. I actually think there are a few extended Traveller families here in the US who have been involved with most of the reported cons/scams. But, of course, all the other Travellers are minding their own business, and don't make the news. So people here hear "Traveller" and the only thing they have to tie the name to is the cons/scams. These scams usually involve home repairs or remodeling.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i think the mormons are wierd or just maybe too ''out'' there. i dont see why anyone would want to baptize the dead.

thats very beyond, they actually believe they carry the burden of helping the jews get redeemed in our world.

back to the topic, yeah i wouldnt doubt masonry is against certain skin colors, but ive heard about certain masons actually being black. or god knows, heck, maybe they were even aliens!!!!!

too many old antiques with aliens/children with enlarged heads/women with giant black eyes make one think theyre really watching us huh!? i think its all the tai pan and those other evil minions.

seeing in such a thing could relate to alot of answers that havent been dug up by certain peers.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i prosed a similar question on a different masonic thread; that of which organization would be less discrimanatory...

to debrief those who may have spoken to me about this issue...

there are two scottish rite lodges in my area that accept black men; on their next meeting there is to be an adjoining to "see" if i "fit the bill".

some background on information i have come across that may be entirely false:

there are only about 4% of scottish rite freemasons that are black or minority.
that the difference between prince hall and scottish rite, in ref. to discrimination, is the lack of communication between the two in certain areas.
that one can potentially "affiliate" if they are a pince hall with a scottish rite lodge.

but once again i know nothing pertaining to, because i am not an informed member; thus pure speculation, as of yet.

i think it is great to communicate these differences, and i hope their is further work to bridge the differences between men of different color within the organization itself; alas, one man has to make the choice to do what one man want to do.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow! anybody bother reading the thread before replying? And in my dreams I�m visited by a green mold from a government agency whose origins descended from the 14th century website that clearly shows who shot JFK and if an infinite number of monkeys bang away on an infinite number of blogs you might get enough points to win a date with....aaargh!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
back to the topic, yeah i wouldnt doubt masonry is against certain skin colors, but ive heard about certain masons actually being black. or god knows, heck, maybe they were even aliens!!!!!

You may want to read the previous posts, we have covered this area I think pretty extensively.

Also, the Prince Halls have been covered I think to a good degree as well and is pretty accurate. Maybe not abou their official way of being granted a charter, but the basis of their beliefs and the way the lodge is today.

Prince Hall lodges will always be around, because they have a grand lodge and have been around for many years. Masonry will not just decide that a certain grand lodge should not exist and say come a new grand lodge. They are all a part of the brotherhood, no matter if it is Prince Hall, Scottish, English, Scottish Rite, or what they may be.

Basically it comes down to this... The orgnization is not racist and does not condone it in the least. Cannot deny that some members are not racist, but their is no organization that can confirm 100% they they do not have any racism.

we are just ordinary men belonging to an extraordinary group. Maybe if the aliens were running it would be better.... ha ha ha
BTW... for the conspiracy theorists out there.... it was a joke and there are no aliens.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I posted some info on a few very "important" FreeMasons who were/are "black" men in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join