It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims have more faith in UK than Britons, study finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
I'm sorry, but Boudica was one of the worst generals of all time.

Oh my God.
Boudica's rebellion, 60 AD, was pivotal in British history. Probably a defining act of the true value and virtue that is British liberty. She is the icon of Britannia.

...I need a lay down after hearing that sentence.

Boadicea

Queen of ancient Britons, on the highway,
Knew the way to put herself around;
Told her subjects, "Now we'll do it my way",
Scythed the opposition to the ground.

Colchester and London fell before her,
Then St Albans toppled at her sight,
But at last the Romans' fixed formations
Put a sorry end to freedom's fight.

Standing proud and awesome in her carriage,
Symbol of relentless righteous rage,
Now in bronze she still proclaims the challenge,
"Liberty or Death" from age to age.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I can't fault you there Last Man, her 2nd campaign was a complete disaster and ended in the slaughter of her caravan (please, not Bank Holiday road clogging jokes) and her "army". In retrospect, the point isn't that she failed dismally at this point, rather that she fought in the first place.

It is the spirit of throwing off the yoke of tyranny that wwe must admire.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well said Infinite, I think that defining her campaign as "pivotal" is accurate. It was a terrible circumstance that she was in at the end, miles from home, a lack of supplies and a huge caravan of women and children. She just wasn't used to organising an attack deep into enemy territory (hell, even the Wehrmacht had trouble pulling that off). However, she razed London and gave a real headache to the Romans.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

And, she took her own life in order not to become a slave of the Roman Empire.

A hero and a Martyr.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I understand that the sentiments expressed by the Muslim in the video supplied by Karl12 is not representative of all Muslims, unfortunately, the like's of him are growing in influence and the vast majority of Muslims simply refuse to even speak out against his likes, let alone take positive action against them.
That is the attitude that alienates Muslim's from the rest of the UK population.
The vast majority of muslims even fail to acknowledge that they themselves have a responsibility which they should be addrssing and that everything is the fault of non-Muslims, (kaffirs).

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Oh my God.
Boudica's rebellion, 60 AD, was pivotal in British history. Probably a defining act of the true value and virtue that is British liberty. She is the icon of Britannia.

...I need a lay down after hearing that sentence.

Look, I'm all for emphasising British history too, but there is no doubt that Boudica was an absolutely terrible general. Yes, well done for rallying the people to you and showing the British spirit of independence that would lead them to dominate the world between 1800 to 1900, but Boudica herself WAS ONE OF THE WORST ACTUAL TACTICAL GENERALS OF ALL TIME.

The Battle of Watling Street was a farce, where the Britons charged pell-mell into a Thermopylae-style pass and got butchered by a vastly superior force in 1v1 fighting, only to find their retreat blocked off by their own wagon train when the routed, allowing the Romans to storm forward and annihilate thousands upon thousands of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
what a great post!!

loads of my friends who are indeed muslim love our country they was born here and to be frank.. aint into all that religion crap.. its the year 2009 for god sake.. we all just wanna get along

ok yeah we have afew nutters running about but that happens in all walks of life i think its bad to lable people

i hate lables !!!

neways great thread and im sure if it came to it my muslim brothers in crime would be kicking some ass just like we did when we kicked hitlers ass

mind you that was payed for n stuff.. ok im going on one¬

point is muslims are nice people just like the rest of us .. we just wanna job n stuff go on holiday and be able to enjoy life in peace

all faith is always about peace and respect for each other

its all the nutters that want to diveid our faith in each other while respecting each others views

Dont let people put you in a box!!

we are all human regardless who made us

peace and love to all aalways for thats the only way to fix the mess we are in

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
How can this survey, be the full opinion of the muslim comminuty or the whole general public, when they only interviewed 1500 of the population?

It makes me laugh when polls like this comes out or the results, whenonly a tiny percentage of the whole of the british population is asked the questions. Maybe they should have telelphoned halfof thepopulaion, then maybe they would have gotten a better prespective on how the population feels.

But to come out with results like this lmao, based on 1500 people, which I may add is not the whole UK, is ridiculous.

I take polls like these with a pinch of salt. It does not give the whole attitiudes or opinions of the whole UK.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Yup, our government certainly has ruined this country with our benefit culture. I'm all for support in finding work and job seekers allowance, but they've taken it too far and truth is, it's just way too easy to collect benefits and not get a job. Personally, i've never met a Muslim that's on benefits, but I have met plenty of white athiest neds that can work fine but just don't bother.

I think you have to remember, here are hardly any work going nowadays for Neds as you put it, seems youave put all white athiest guys in the same catergory, which seems strange tome, Since those who try and find work cannot get any work, due to 1, influx of people from eastern europe, taken up those jobs that Neds as you put it could do. Most of which are paid less than a UK Worker.

I agree how ever alot of neds as you call them, cannot be bothered to go out find a job. But to put them all in the same catergory when some are trying to find work is misleading.

Have you ever lived on 55 GBP per week? its anything but easy and certainly not enjoyable. Its not as if you can fly to paris for the weekend, heck I have spent double that on a night out on the town.

Exactly, I know a few of my friends who lived on £55 per week, a few of them have gottenthemselves in to a rut, due to the fact they go to the jobcentre look for a job and thee is not any vacancies at all. And any other vacancies that thier is, look for ceratin skills or qualifications.

But isn't that the major issue here? From news reports and what is posted here on ATS, your government isn't leaving you alone. Instead it is intruding more and more into your lives each day - the so-called "nanny state".

Off course it is, The gov, always tell us, oh we are doing this to help you, Sorry nuhuh, more like they are trying to control our lifes more than we want them to. I am actually sick and tired of the PC Brigade and this Nanny state.

But then I would ask, who else is here to elect into Governement. Allof the political parties are as bad as each other. So to me I would rather abstain fromvoting than vote for any minsteam political party. Andthat is the main problem, mostof the population in the UK are sick of our Politicians also.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
But then I would ask, who else is here to elect into Governement. Allof the political parties are as bad as each other. So to me I would rather abstain fromvoting than vote for any minsteam political party. Andthat is the main problem, mostof the population in the UK are sick of our Politicians also.

The REAL difference between the UK population and the US.

US - it's broken, let's fix it.

UK - it's broken, let's ignore it.

Pure bone idle in its purest form. Adios UK.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
That's because they as well as the white unworking chavs

What about the [Black] unworking chavs...

Aren't they just as bad as the white one you despise so much

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

So your telling me there is no corrupt senators or congressmen in the USA? Oh please.

Corruption runs through any Gov weither it be US or UK, fixing the problem creates further problems.

Alsoto say we ignore our problems is false. We do not shove our heads in the sand and hope it goes away. So your assumption is completely wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

That's not what I'm saying, the US has much more corruption to deal with than the UK.

My point is simple - the British of today are lazy and cynical, you have allowed the gradual degeneration of your once great society without anything more significant than some sporadic Internet whining, and it sickens me to watch what you people have turned into, particularly when I think of the great people you once were.

I could give you anecdotes about the treatment our younger female employees faced when we sent them on assignment to the UK, or the behavior we have seen from Brits vacationing in Florida, or the Czech taxi driver who told me that he refuses to take British passengers because of their violent, drunken behavior, or the recent UN study which found the UK to be the most violent first world nation in terms of common assault, or you having the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe etc etc etc.

But my point is just that you don't care, you're that lazy, that defenceless, and it's that easy for a bad government to completely dominate you.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
What about the [Black] unworking chavs...

Aren't they just as bad as the white one you despise so much

well said, seems it is ok for certain "enlightened" liberals to stigmatise a race when it suits them........

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Of course they are faithful they get treated like the sun shines out their ass and get everthin on a golden platter in this country, while the general populace gets dumped on by it's government.

Massive immigration into the UK..

Sharia Law present in Mosques..

It won't be long till they take over and I'll be damned if I'm using their sandpapery toilet scrolls in my house.

We're just screwed, plain and simple

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join