It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incident in Manchester?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Incident in Manchester?

n

n/a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ive been told of a "Incident" in Central Manchester involving up to 70 Firefighters and Police, however nothing is being mentioned on the News or Websites about this. Webcams in Central Manchester are down due to "Technical Difficulties" and only a page on Telextext states that a Road is closed around Manchester due to a Police Incident.
Does anyone know whats going on?

n
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hmm Might be worth putting on local radio and seeing if anything is said on there,

Keep your ears open for anymore on this,

Only thing i can find right now is news.bbc.co.uk...

But i doubt that would bring out that amount of police,

[edit on 8-5-2009 by asala]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Hmm. The link is not working and your quote is also empty. What is going on?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

This doesn't really qualify to be posted here yet. At least not in this category, since you have no where to link to.

But anyhow, you were told by who? And when was this to supposed to have happened?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Not sure if it's related but there's this;

www.bbc.co.uk...

burst water main and a few other roadwork to do with water pipes, maybe that's what it is?

just found this as well about a sikh temple on fire;

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Kyazl]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The Link I had to leave as n/a because there was no other way of making the post (im new here so im not sure how it all works.) But the quote should still be working?
Definitely something big going on as theres NOTHING on the Radio, News, Forums coming out of Manchester. And if it is a Office Fire as Ive been informed it might be (a friend of mine heard word) then why the need for 70 Firefighters and Police to be on the scene, to close off every Webcam in Central Manchester, and create this Media Blackout?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Webcams in Central Manchester are down due to "Technical Difficulties"

Webcams are working fine: www.bbc.co.uk...

You know, all I really did was type "Manchester webcam" in Google and I got a list with working sites. Not that hard. You can do the same with searches at twitter and Google News to find out if anybody has reported anything. But don't bother. The only news coming out of Manchester is soccer and rain related.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

Maybe he means CCTV? The webcams that are on the BBC website do not show anything other than a wall, a ferris wheel and a cloudy sky.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Definitely something big going on as theres NOTHING on the Radio, News, Forums coming out of Manchester.

Hahaha.... Or maybe NOTHING big going on at all?

See, there are still people alive in Manchester and even able to send out messages!!!
search.twitter.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I agree it's probably nothing more then what I mentioned above, burst water mains and / or the sikh temple and adjoining offices on fire.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Hmm Makes me wonder if there was any mock emergency training going on, Being that Manchester has been a said target ect.. Might just be them doing some role play in case of a future event,

Anyways, Hopefully nothing has occurred that need that amount of services, Thanks for posting as you never know when things like this can turn out to be more.

I think a prime example of that was with the London tube bombings.. For a good hour or so they where just saying there was a small fire on the underground.. then look what happened that day.

top topics

join