It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Longy4eva

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

Since you're ASSIGNED a dentist this makes what this particular dentist did, MUCH WORSE.

Also, by signing up with the government health care system, he made a conscience decision to choose his job of his religion. Since he made that decision without duress, he needs to grow up and live with it or leave that system. The dentist is at 100% fault here. Very black and white.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hey SaltoftheEarth; I've never read such a diatribe of idiocy, paranoia and illogic.

The BOTTOM LINE IS: If he was offended by women showing their faces, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN A JOB WORKING IN A BRITISH GOVERNMENT-FUNDED SURGERY where there are NO such guidelines, NO consideration for religious beliefs of the practitioners and where he would be expected to treat patients on a non-preferential and computer-allocated basis.

If he wanted to practice his absurd superstitions, he was PERFECTLY entitled to start a private practice. The NHS is a SECULAR, non-islamic institution, and has NO duty to accommodate his beliefs or those of any others.

And if youthink they're 'biased' against Muslims, let's cast our mind back to the nurse who was ordered to stop wearing a crucifix around her neck to work a few years back...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I think if I went to school for 8 or 10 years or however long dentists have to go to school to become dentists, that I would feel like I had the right to run my office the way I wanted to, that I would not need to compromise my religious beliefs or choose between my religious beliefs or "my job." I would consider myself working for myself after all that training, not some peon who had to tiptoe around to appease some higher up boss's arbitrary regulations.

If your business is funded by the Government or tax payers money, then you do have guidelines to follow. If it was your own private business, then what you do is your business not mines.

Also, I was confused by the title of this thread which implied that this dentist was requiring full burkha covering for women, when in actuality the only dress part the dentist was concerned with here was the head dress and only for his muslim patients, nobody else.

This should be up to the individual patient, to what they wish to wear, he had no right trying to force people to dress his way. That in itself is impossing his own beliefs on others. So what is the difference?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

My personal opinion is that this is one more hatemongering story launched by the Zionist media to provacateur more wars and more killing of families, more little kids with their legs and arms blown off, their faces all pocked with those burn bombs being used, more teenaged boys being hauled off to torture dungeons to be raped and tortured to death by sickos.

You are entitled to your own opinion, as are others in here, as for you jab at this being a zionist story, sorry this has nothing to do with that. His own patients were the ones who launched the complaint in the first place, so they are zionists? Oh please stop playing the victim. And stop trying to sway away fromt he topic your posts just show that you blamce everything on whomever or what ever rather than looking at your ownself.

This has got to end. The Muslim people are decent, god-fearing, kind and loving people, good family people, and we could take some lessons from them in how to treat our family members and neighbors. Their lifestyle is what is winning them millions of converts, as opposed to Westerners lifestyle which is destroying our families and our society

OMG, so in your eyes all Muslims are decent, god fearing, kind and loving people?? So let me get this right, the Taleban are kind loving people? Who do not go around executing people, torturing people, raping people, killing children, killing women, raping women, ops wait thats thier god given right, to go around killing those whom disagree with thier doctorine.??

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Or conversely, you could actually bother to read the original article, where the complaints came from muslims, in particular the women who states

Mrs F told the panel: 'I was extremely annoyed. It's my choice if I wear a Hijab or not. But he told my husband he wouldn't treat any of us until I did.

I mean, lets not let the fact quoted in the article that it was muslims complaining about the guy that bought this story about.

Oh no - just try and get another boot in eh?

Perhaps you're encountering some difficulties with the English language.

The Muslim woman quoted was not in compliance with the religion's strict code of dress - that simply was my point, it's an unflinching religion. She was being forced to make such provisions, hence my statement that the religion requires strict adherence, the fact that it was a Muslim doing the complaining had no bearing whatsoever on my point, Muslim taxi drivers here in the US refuse to carry dogs in their vehicles.

That religions incredible lack of tolerance extends to believers and non-believers alike. Am I getting through?

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Retseh]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To be honest, there is also a weight of responsibility that falls upon the NHC, knowing that they have had prior issues with this particular member, should they have at least kept tabs on this person.

As a previous post mentions, its black and white, there is no grey area about this topic. This idiot took advantage of anyone who he felt he could. Im sure that if a 6 ft trooper built like a brick house came with his wife, would he have DEMANDED the same thing, I think NOT.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

True believers of the Muslim faith are quite happy to strap explosives onto themselves and blow themselves to pieces in the belief that paradise awaits them.

I doubt your 6ft tall trooper would be all that intimidating.

Religion doesn't just remove morality, it also removes fear.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Of course a christian that took an equivalent stance would be fine??

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

The Law is Law, religion has no foundation what so ever.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

When people choose religion of rational thinking to govern their lives then there is always the chance that these acts of atrocity will be encountered.

History is full of religion that has persecuted everyone and anyone regardless of what the religion is. But to see that continue into the 21st century shows how advanced we are. I tend to associate humans evolution as that of a flies life cycle.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If the dentist would have told me that......I would have laughed in his face and said, "You must be out of your freaking mind!" and walked out, then right before I left the office.....I would have gladly said, "This is America there are more dentist offices that will accomodate me as a customer, Ihope you go out of business!"

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
They are winning a lot of converts, not by force, but persuasion. They are a sect of Christianity, the Muslim religion, an offshoot of Christianity, or rather Catholicism, which is an offshoot of Christanity.

Hmmm... Never heard of those Islamic gangs in London that were causing the police all that trouble. Here are just a few of the articles on them. (Oh look I actually back up my points
)

The Hindu Forum of Britain claims hundreds of mostly Sikh and Hindu girls have been intimidated by Muslim men who take them out on dates before terrorising them until they convert.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

What distinguished this case from other black gang trials is that the victim was apparently killed after the Muslim Boys attempts to force him to convert to their brand of Islam had failed.
www.speroforum.com...

Oh and the best one of all. The cream of the crop.

have forced some members to convert at gunpoint and to pray before going out to commit crimes
www.militantislammonitor.org...

Also just to help you out Islam evolved from Judaism. They consider themselves an extension Abraham's religion.

The fact is, people hate Muslims, and resent them being allowed to practice their religion, that any accommodation be made for them in any way, because people think they are barbarians who carry knives in their teeth and are waiting to cut somebody's head off because they are Muslims.

Oh do please grow up. I hardly think that people are worried about Muslims with knives when there are the suicide bombers out there. Besides I know religions and it is Sikhs that carry knives at all times.

explain your predelection for a hideous skull avatar.

Why not. I think it looks pretty good. It is not hurting you. I am not asking you to use one for yourself, I am not imposing my beliefs/choices on others but you are supporting someone who is. I could ask you to explain your lack of an avatar.

I have an idea people we could just all add saltoftheearth to our ignore lists and have a real conversation. Whos up for it?

-Cauch1

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I think we need to stop lumping all religions together as if they are all just as socially destructive as each other.

We all know who the elephant in the room is, our continued refusal to address such issues in case we offend someone will be our collective downfall in the long run.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

We all know who the elephant in the room is, our continued refusal to address such issues in case we offend someone will be our collective downfall in the long run.

Insecure overly defensive elephants don't take criticism well. They like to dish it out but can't take it.

In the end we usually let them have their way out of fear we will be accused of being intolerant. They know this and push it to the hilt.

So we just stand around rolling our eyes.

Agreed, time to say what we think.

You start.

Mike

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I get discusted with some these Islam nut cases!!

If we offend them they bitch up a storm!

They also should get their own airline service also where they can walk around,pray in the isles,act crazy ,,,disobey any stuartess orders,,,no searches,,,.....

its seems what ever country they go to they dont become one with the country and they are like their own goverment!

France,UK,Austrailia are having nothing but problems with them,,,!!!

I beleive in tolerence and we should all get along but they are really pushing it to far!!!

Now not all of them are like this(thank Goodness),,,but to many cases like this with them and it should be addressed firmly!!!

I think its time they wake up!!!
And treat their women better as well!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Once the religious leaders says lets unite all religions togther you know its the final hour, run to the mountains.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Once the religious leaders says lets unite all religions togther you know its the final hour, run to the mountains.

That is correct, but before that all religions need to be at war with each other, so far we have the jews and arabs, pakistan and india are about to begin and christianity seems to be the instigator.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

So far it seems the Chatholic church is trying to unite the main religions up as with the Pope in Israel, that is what the prophetic reflection will be like where some leader decided to make amends. But there are maybe two big wars going on after each other, one to bring about the order from disorder and the other to unite the world against Israel.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked up

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

How is this a private practice? His office is NHS funded. Therefore, he can not discriminate.

'He made compliance with Islamic dress code a condition of treatment, which is entirely inappropriate under the auspices of the National Health Service.
'Patients should have access to NHS treatment regardless of their religious observance, or otherwise.'

Can you imagen...getting hit by a car...rushed into hospital...on the verge of death...and then the NHS doctor's say ..."Oh no...your not of THIS religion so i'm not going to try save your life" and then walks out of theatre cool as a cucumber XD

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's no different from Jehovah Witnesses who refuse blood transfusion for their loved ones and they die because of it. Some Muslims refuse now Alcohole based products to stay hygenic incase of infections are spread, but in our local hospital we have a Muslim prayer room, not sure if it applies the same to our Muslim population who refuse to stay clean by hospital presedures. Although there has been many MRSA outbreaks in the past.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join