It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

And who the hell are you or anyone else for that matter to impose your your own repressed morals on anyone else

Excuse me? It makes you angry that a doctor or dentist would want to drape your wife while he works on her mouth or treats her?

But if your wife were to go to a doctor who wanted to strip her, spread-eagle her, sit her on a table shivering in humiliation for a half hour, 45 minutes with a piece of paper and NOTHING ELSE over her head that doesn't even reach her waist -- that would be fine with you?
Are you serious? Are you really actually trying to make that argument????

Or if you sent your son or daughter to the hospital for chemo or whatever and they keep them half naked, let them lay in the bed exposed while unconscious, for anybody to gawk at -- this you would not mind at all, right?

These analogies are gawdawful !!!

The dentist is trying to impose his religious beliefs on others against their will. Why is this discrimination acceptable to you?

But a doctor who insists on modesty, for his own sake as well as for that of his patients, you think is "imposing repressed morals" on you?

It's not about modesty, it's about his religious beliefs that are in direct conflict with what is REQUIRED of him as part of his job. He must decide what's more important, his religious beliefs or his job. He can't have his cake and eat it too.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
NHS funded so has a duty to treat everyone regardless of race or creed!

Would it be ok to only serve white people in my pub?

The problem is that Western people are so used to being stripped and humiliated and treatead like a sack of potatoes that they are blown away by a medical person who wants to drape them.

Yeah I've been to the doctors and hospitals a bunch of times and not had this problem. Maybe it's just you.

I don't see where he's turning anybody away.

Then you're not looking. He is turning people away.

He has a right to run his practice the way he wants if he's not doing any harm.

1. He is doing harm.
2. No he doesn't have the right to practice the way he wants.

If he demanded people strip down and wait naked in the waiting room, then I think people would have a reason to complain.

But forcing his religion on others is ok?

But not for him wanting people draped while he works on them. If it makes people uncomfortable, there are other dentists. Some people might appreciate a dentist like this.

I'm not really familiar how the governmental system works in the UK regarding doctors and dentists. Is there someone from the UK that can explain how you find a doctor and dentist and how easy is it to find another if there is a problem.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
It's not about modesty, it's about his religious beliefs that are in direct conflict with what is REQUIRED of him as part of his job. He must decide what's more important, his religious beliefs or his job. He can't have his cake and eat it too.

I think if I went to school for 8 or 10 years or however long dentists have to go to school to become dentists, that I would feel like I had the right to run my office the way I wanted to, that I would not need to compromise my religious beliefs or choose between my religious beliefs or "my job." I would consider myself working for myself after all that training, not some peon who had to tiptoe around to appease some higher up boss's arbitrary regulations.

Also, I was confused by the title of this thread which implied that this dentist was requiring full burkha covering for women, when in actuality the only dress part the dentist was concerned with here was the head dress and only for his muslim patients, nobody else.

My personal opinion is that this is one more hatemongering story launched by the Zionist media to provacateur more wars and more killing of families, more little kids with their legs and arms blown off, their faces all pocked with those burn bombs being used, more teenaged boys being hauled off to torture dungeons to be raped and tortured to death by sickos.

This has got to end. The Muslim people are decent, god-fearing, kind and loving people, good family people, and we could take some lessons from them in how to treat our family members and neighbors. Their lifestyle is what is winning them millions of converts, as opposed to Westerners lifestyle which is destroying our families and our society.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I think if I went to school for 8 or 10 years or however long dentists have to go to school to become dentists, that I would feel like I had the right to run my office the way I wanted to, that I would not need to compromise my religious beliefs or choose between my religious beliefs or "my job." I would consider myself working for myself after all that training, not some peon who had to tiptoe around to appease some higher up boss's arbitrary regulations.

Those "higher up boss's(sic)" would have no doubt worked for longer than 8 to 10 years to get where they are, making you the peon. Besides, the dentist in question was free to run his own private practice with his own rules all he wants, he didn't because he would have little to no clients so he seeks funding from the state instead. The moment he does that he has to play by their rules, it's that simple in this case.

Do you understand that concept, yes or no?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

These responses are typical from pagans and hedonists.

Please give SPECIFIC reasons as to how you've come to this conclusion.

You people are all for promoting religion as long as it is the religion you prefer, which is paganism.

Not at all. First off, I'm Catholic.
Second, I believe everyone should be able to practice their religion as they see fit AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST OTHERS.

You think it's great to steal taxpayer money to build statues of Pan and Athena and Diana and carved devils adorning every public building,

OK what in the harry hell are you talking about????????? And what does that have to do with the topic????????

Half the people who post here use avatars of demons and devils and skulls and serpants.

And what do you think they represent? Because I bet the people who posted those avatars won't agree with your assessment as to what they mean.

The reason the Muslims are hated so much is because the Zionists spew hatemongering propaganda 24/7 through their government agencies and media.

Just curious but who here hates muslims. From personal experience I've found them to be outgoing, nice, generous people.

Most people are too drugged and dumbed

Please post statistics to back up this statement.

The Muslims are the only nations who resist the NWO, who refuse to kiss the feet of Satan.

So then how do you explain all our muslim allies???

They are a monotheistic religion, they believe in righteous living,

I assume you're not referring to the ones that blow up schools, innocent women and children, people who go to work in buildings, etc.... ????

Hopefully all of us will see what's going on before it's too late. Death, skulls, abortion, sexual perversion, torture, are NOT COOL,

Well wait a second... What kind of sexual perversion are you referring to because it may very well be cool

eugenicist plans to depopulate the earth

Please support this statement so we don't consider it more of your pointless scare mongering.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

It's okay to worship the queen but not God. That's the bottom line, isn't it?

No one worships the Queen.

Okaaaayyyy. If you say so, Mr. Moderator.

Well you can clear this up really quick. Simply prove your statement. You wouldn't make a statement you couldn't back up, would you?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Here's an example of your absurd logic.

A person from the UK comes to the US on vacation and demands to be able to drive on "their" side of the road.
Obviously that would never happen but that's the type of logic you're bringing to the table.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I think if I went to school for 8 or 10 years or however long dentists have to go to school to become dentists, that I would feel like I had the right to run my office the way I wanted to,

You might feel that way but you couldn't if you were part of the NHS program. Do you understand that by the dentist joining the program, he agreed to abide by their rules? YES or NO??
And if he agreed to them, then went against those same rules, he must be held accountable. Nobody forced him to join the program did they?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A person from the UK comes to the US on vacation and demands to be able to drive on "their" side of the road.
Obviously that would never happen but that's the type of logic you're bringing to the table.

Not at all. People are offended by this man practicing his religion and bringing his religious convictions into his dental practice, not by a traffic regulation.

The fact is, people hate Muslims, and resent them being allowed to practice their religion, that any accommodation be made for them in any way, because people think they are barbarians who carry knives in their teeth and are waiting to cut somebody's head off because they are Muslims. People think they are lurking around waiting to kill us all, that they are uncivilized barbarians.

The truth is, they are the ones who are civilized, and it is we who are the barbarians, who have desceneded into savagery and pagan beliefs and alchemy and "science so-called."

And we have attacked the Muslim people for no reason at all, other than the lies and provacateured false flag attacks done by our own Zionist governments in concert with the Mossad in order to bring on the NWO.

The Muslim peoples are the only nations standing up against the NWO, which is why they are under attack. We must not allow ourselves to be duped by the thugs who have taken over the governments of England and the U.S. to believe the lies and propaganda and staged terror attacks done by our own governments to blame these people so we will be willing to go to war against them.

We have done very wrong, made 4.5 million Iraqi refugees, and killed 1.5 million of them since our "war of liberation." Now we are lurking outside Iran waiting for the right moment to obliterate them.

God will judge us, and God is not on our side for what we are doing.

These hatemongering stories that come out of the Zionist neocon websites and media outlets need to be seen for what they are, and people need to realize that we are all a target, that our governments consider us all to be terrorists, that they think we all need to die, that we are just vermin overpopulating what they think is their planet.

Watch Alex Jones' film Endgame. It is not a joke. These people are planning to kill ALL of us, Muslims, Christians, pagans, anybody and everybody, including their own military and police they will use to subjegate us. They too will be killed when they are finished off with them. They intend on keeping only a small number of us as their slaves, in addition to the ones they have bred in the DUMBs, the chimera creatures genetically engineered creatures that are part human, part animal, part reptile and part bug. (aka greys)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Not at all. People are offended by this man practicing his religion and bringing his religious convictions into his dental practice, not by a traffic regulation.

um...that's why we call it an analogy.....

The fact is, people hate Muslims, and resent them being allowed to practice their religion, that any accommodation be made for them in any way, because people think they are barbarians who carry knives in their teeth and are waiting to cut somebody's head off because they are Muslims. People think they are lurking around waiting to kill us all, that they are uncivilized barbarians.

Who are all these people? Can you post statistics as to how many people feel this way or is this just a guess without any basis in fact?

The truth is, they are the ones who are civilized, and it is we who are the barbarians, who have desceneded into savagery and pagan beliefs and alchemy and "science so-called."

Back up this statement.

And we have attacked the Muslim people for no reason at all,

are you familiar with what happened on 9/11/2001 in the United States?
or how about in the UK?
or Spain?
etc...
etc...
etc...

other than the lies and provacateured false flag attacks done by our own Zionist governments in concert with the Mossad in order to bring on the NWO.

Please provide evidence of this.

The Muslim peoples are the only nations standing up against the NWO, which is why they are under attack.

Prove it.

We must not allow ourselves to be duped by the thugs who have taken over the governments of England and the U.S. to believe the lies and propaganda and staged terror attacks done by our own governments to blame these people so we will be willing to go to war against them.

yeah....right....

We have done very wrong, made 4.5 million Iraqi refugees, and killed 1.5 million of them since our "war of liberation." Now we are lurking outside Iran waiting for the right moment to obliterate them.

1. The bush administration should be prosecuted for the whole iraq thing.
2. We're not "lurking" outside iran waiting to attack.

God will judge us, and God is not on our side for what we are doing.

Really? How do you know? Have you spoken to him lately? What did he say?

Watch Alex Jones' film Endgame. It is not a joke. These people are planning to kill ALL of us, Muslims, Christians, pagans, anybody and everybody, including their own military and police they will use to subjegate us.

For what reason?

They too will be killed when they are finished off with them. They intend on keeping only a small number of us as their slaves, in addition to the ones they have bred in the DUMBs, the chimera creatures genetically engineered creatures that are part human, part animal, part reptile and part bug. (aka greys)

Can you back ANY of this up???? Your statements are very specific indicating you are either completely making this up or you have specific factual information which you could post.
So which is it?
Making it up
or
you can prove what you're saying.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I can't respond to your post which has just shredded my post with a lot of "says who," "you're wrong," "prove it," and other such remarks.

Quite obviously you don't like what I said. I can't help that.

If there is anything you sincerely and specifically want to discuss, let me know, other than you just generally hate every word I said here. There is nothing stopping you from doing a web surf to check out anything I've said.

Start out by watching the online film called 9/11 Mysteries, Demolitions 1
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8172271955308136871

Google Video Link

After 8 years it's time.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

watch something like Islam channel on satellite for real muslim opinions, they talk about many subjects and get real muslims opinions on them, from talk shows to people phoning in etc good channel, I'm sure some of the people who hate muslims would be shocked at how normal muslims are haha

haha indeed

For the past decade Bridges TV Network out of New York has been showing Americans how Muslims are peace-loving and non-violent.

Somewhat conflicting with this image, founder Muzzamil Hassan beheaded his wife, Aasiya, in the Buffalo studio on February 14 (Valentines Day)

She had recently petitioned for divorce after enduring years of violent physical abuse.

sheikyermami.com... mage-of-american-muslims/

Bridges TV exec: Beheaded wife of network founder “has given her life to protect the image of American Muslims”

The Hassans were well-known to local police, both in Orchard Park and Texas, where Muzzammil has family. Police were called to their Orchard Park home more than a dozen times for domestic issues dating back years. And in 2006, Aasiya told police that the abuse had been going on “for about the last six years.”

The abuse, according to police reports, ranged from restrictive control to outbursts of violence, including a black eye and fat lip.

Well, at least there is one TV station that isn't run by those terrible people we have been told control American media.

No further comment.

Mike

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hey, your link is broken or perhaps im having trouble viewing it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

totally agree with that

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wassy

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

totally agree with that

If you read the thread, apparently not, the dentist does not own a private business. He is paid by the British National Health System.

Government, not private.

When he signed on for this as opposed to private practice, the rules were clear. No discrimination.

Mike

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I'm not really familiar how the governmental system works in the UK regarding doctors and dentists. Is there someone from the UK that can explain how you find a doctor and dentist and how easy is it to find another if there is a problem.

I'd be happy to clear this up for you, seems a great many people here don't understand how a publicly funded health system works.

There is a massive waiting queue for NHS funded dentists in the NHS, and since everybody pays tax and therefore pays their own form of health insurance, they are reluctant to spend more hard earned cash paying hundreds out to a private dentist.

Doctors train for 7 years, i'm not too sure how long destists train for. maybe 5. Anyway, once they qualify, there are two different types of setup for a dentist to go into.

1. Private (customer pays you directly, option to refuse treatment
  2. NHS funded (patients are assigned to you. No choice in the matter.

This might sound a little harsh, but why would a health professional want to pick and choose whom he helps anyway? Under NHS code of conduct he is bound to treat any and all patients in a manner which provides maximum dignity and decency to them. This includes bending to accomodate what they believe and what they require.

If a Chinese dentist was assigned a patient who wore a full face drape, then he would have to learn the most appropriate way to treat the patient.

MAIN POINT

Just because it is Muslims that he has been demanding to wear headdresses, does NOT make this better. If these women don't wear headdresses, in a multicultural and accepting society this is ok. He still has no right to force these things upon them, and even less right to bypass the woman's choice and demand of the husband, this simply undermine's the womans' right to choose. If this was a Private dentistry this is ok. But it isn't!

Hope this clears things up. Just because they were Muslims who he refused to treat, he had just as little right than if they were any other religion.

It would be nice if all those who aren't sure about how the UK health system works reads this before throwing more comments of 'it's his business who he treats'. It isn't.

[edit on 12/5/09 by Longy4eva]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure how the laws apply to businesses in the UK, but here in the U.S., most businesses must abide by certain conditions...that is, you can't just serve who ever you want to. Discrimination laws apply to the majority of businesses in the U.S....for example a landlord cannot turn away someone simply based on race/gender/religion/sexual orientation, it would be illegal.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by laiguana]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I'm not sure myself, but the way the uk is now, keep the peace between cultures, I'd imagine we'd have a similar law like this. It certainly wouldn't be very nice illegal or not

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
New theory.

Maybe he wanted them to cover their mouths so people wouldn't see his shoddy dental work.

Might turn off the guys.

Mike

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

I can't respond to your post which has just shredded my post with a lot of "says who," "you're wrong," "prove it," and other such remarks.

Quite obviously you don't like what I said. I can't help that.

Sure you can respond. All you need to do is back up what you seem to be saying as fact. If you can't, those posts were pointless.

If there is anything you sincerely and specifically want to discuss, let me know, other than you just generally hate every word I said here.

It's not that I hate every word you said although it's very obvious I disagree with you. You see, when you make statements as fact, someone will call you on it. Someone will ask you to back up what you're saying. This particular time, that someone just happened to be me. You'll find that these responses are common place here. If for example I were to say, Eskimos have the lowest IQ of every ethnic group in the world, I would expect someone to ask me to back up what I'm saying with statistics. If I can't or won't back it up, someone will probably tear my argument apart.

There is nothing stopping you from doing a web surf to check out anything I've said.

That's your job. Basically you're asking me to do your homework for you. That approach really doesn't work on ATS. If you make a statement, you're expected to web surf and do your own research.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join