It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Sorry about the late reply, been working

Anyway, as you say, he is refusing to treat someone who doesn't dress properly... a jibal (sorry, forgotten what it's called :lol
isn't proper dress for the general UK public, why should they have to wear it?

As for someone walking in covered in swastikas, by NHS practice you must treat the person. The only time you can refuse to treat a patient is if they are posing a threat to yourself and others. He's there to provide a service to all races, creeds etc. By forcing his female patients to wear these things, not only is he breaking this code of conduct, but it will be classed as discrimination against women.

Strictly speaking, he's stacked the cards against him.. Whether something comes of it is another story.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
These stories will continue till civil war breaks out between the growing Muslim population and immigration till society wakes up from it. I know Muslim women who sell alcohole and bacon but if they did not want to handle these products then their religion is restricting their job offers not the job it self. Remember in Islam there is a form of conquest on everything infedel, if they win their case its a victory over unbelievers and this stealth attitude will always come out somewhere.

Muslim chef sues over pork request

LONDON // A Muslim chef is suing Britain’s largest police force, claiming he suffered religious discrimination because he was expected to cook bacon and pork sausages for breakfast.

Hasanali Khoja is due to put his case against the Metropolitan Police to an employment tribunal, which starts a 10-day hearing in London tomorrow.

The case has caused outrage in the British press and has been seized on by far right political parties, being branded “the madness of multiculturalism” by the British National Party.

Mr Khoja, 60, whose claim is being backed by both the Association of Muslim Police and the National Black Police Association, says he was refused permission not to handle pork when he took a job as catering manager at a police headquarters in west London.

Text

Maybe he should ditch the religious part and get busy living instead of having fobias, its like a bull in a china shop, what do you expect?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

This is NOT a private dentist. This is an NHS (national health service) practice funded by the taxpayer. These people he is turning away are paying his salary! Do dentists take a hippocratic oath? ... because I'm pretty sure this contravenes any such provision.

Ludicrous; I'd've smacked him one.

Originally posted by DohBama

Originally posted by Laurauk
If he does not like treating patients in this way, then he should leave the NHS and start up his own private practice, that way he wont be discriminating against anyone...

and if he chooses not to...?

firing him over his faith would not be acceptable, would it?

not at all.

How about you take the time to get out of your mum/mom's basement and actually visit the UK? Political correctness has NO place in law. There is not 'rampant acceptance of Sharia law' and there are DOZENS of precedents to suggest that he would be fired over his religion. Lots of Muslims have lost their jobs in UK public services over their refusal to operate within the guidelines of their post. Same goes for private enterprises in the UK. A Muslim tried to take Sainsbury's PLC to court after they fired him for refusing to work with pork. He lost. Anti-discrimination laws do not allow for blatant dereliction of duty.

You can say that the British government is a corrupt and malevolent institution working against the nation, but the Crown Courts remain an authoritative and impartial voice for jurisprudence in the UK.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by FMLuder]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FMLuder

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

This is NOT a private dentist. This is an NHS (national health service) practice funded by the taxpayer. These people he is turning away are paying his salary!

Ludicrous; I'd've smacked him one.

Too right. He is not allowed to use public funding for his personal objectives.

Now onto the example given by "the time lord" in that case I would simply tell the man that people want to eat pork products. If he does not want to handle pork products then he should not have taken the job of chef in a country where the majority of people eat pork. As far as I am concerned he has no case against the police and should be fined for wasting police time.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
YAAAARRRGHH this is driving me nuts now
first
READ THE ARTICLE

The GDC heard how Butt believed it was his duty to stop Muslim patients committing what he believed was a religious sin.

He made MUSLIM women wear it, not westerners!!! Hes not forcing his religion on ANYONE, the people he wanted to wear the hijib or whatever, were ALREADY Muslims!!!
The way I take this is like, some Catholic (like many of my family) is in Vatican City, at a dentist, with some anti-Jesus tattoo, the dentist says cover up because you're not following YOUR religion! aaaaaaaa think and read things through before you POST people

So basically he is trying to imposs his religion and beliefs on those whom do not follow his doctorine??

Who is impossing what on whom here.

He is in services off the public, It does not matter what his views are, if he refuses to treat the public because of his beliefs, then he should not be getting money from the taxpayers or the NHS.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FMLuder

How about you take the time to get out of your mum/mom's basement and actually visit the UK? Political correctness has NO place in law. There is not 'rampant acceptance of Sharia law' and there are DOZENS of precedents to suggest that he would be fired over his religion. Lots of Muslims have lost their jobs in UK public services over their refusal to operate within the guidelines of their post. Same goes for private enterprises in the UK. A Muslim tried to take Sainsbury's PLC to court after they fired him for refusing to work with pork. He lost. Anti-discrimination laws do not allow for blatant dereliction of duty.

You can say that the British government is a corrupt and malevolent institution working against the nation, but the Crown Courts remain an authoritative and impartial voice for jurisprudence in the UK.

And do you believe this is the truth? I respect what you're saying, hell I wish i could agree with you. But I don't think the courts are as unbiased as you say. The tendrils of political correctness seem to have their tendrils into almost everything today.

There are massive numbers of court cases which rely on the issues of multicultralism ie. The catering manager vs. Met Police. For these cases to reach the courts, obviously solicitors believe there is a case.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Longy4eva

I'm referring to the ultimate authorities in English justice, albeit optimistically. Most local courts and councils will indeed cede to pressure over 'political correctness' issues, however I believe the High Courts are one of the only remaining bastions of fair and equitable law in the UK... for now.

Unfortunately, this administration has long since set about dismantling the impartiality of the High Courts; indeed in 2004 they set out guidelines for 'increasing diversity in the Judiciary' to 'better reflect British society today'. They might score a few victories for Britain, but it won't last long.

At this time, I doubt they would even think of acting in favour of this guy. He hasn't a leg to stand on.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

Longy4eva is right I am sorry to say. In the UK the courts are no longer impartial. Because of the extreme PCness pushed through by the British governement they are heavily biased when it comes to deciding verdicts. In most cases I can predict the outcome before it starts unless the case is ridiculous. Black will beat white, Arab will beat black, Muslim will beat Jew, Jew will beat Christian. It is almost like they have pre-set guidelines on how to decide. I am serious that is how far being PC has affect the British courts. Also in case you haven't noticed Longy4eva is from the UK.

-Cauch1

BTW it is unusual for a house to have abasement in the UK.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

I see what you mean. As you say though these victories can't last long. There is too much pressure from the different minority representative societies to have victories to show the equality, more and more these cases will apply and win. People will see they're able to win, so and so forth. Just a matter of time before a case like this would be thrown out of court as ludicrous

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

My post regarding the 'basement' was directed at DohBama actually. And so Longy4eva is from the UK... but... you're not? Reminds me of a Blackadder joke... oh wait, you're not from the UK. Longy4eva was completely correct in what he said, but you're now spouting drivel.

And I myself am from London, and have experience as a clerk in the Royal Courts of Justice.

My point was that whilst a local court might CONCIEVABLY (still unlikely) find in favour of this lunatic, if it ended up in the ultimate authority there is no WAY he will win.

Things are not THAT bad yet, and like I say there are precedents for what I am saying.

The genuine lawmakers left in the UK know that as soon as they cave in on issues like this, the floodgates will be open. There aren't many of them left, but the 'old guard' of British justice still hold enough sway to stem the flow of PC litigation for the moment.

The reason I brought this issue up was in relation to DohBama's ignorant and paranoid allegations that Sharia Law was popular and widespread in the UK, and that it carried some kind of meritable authority. As such, I'm actually offtopic with this.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
reply to post by FMLuder

Longy4eva is right I am sorry to say. In the UK the courts are no longer impartial. Because of the extreme PCness pushed through by the British governement they are heavily biased when it comes to deciding verdicts. In most cases I can predict the outcome before it starts unless the case is ridiculous. Black will beat white, Arab will beat black, Muslim will beat Jew, Jew will beat Christian. It is almost like they have pre-set guidelines on how to decide. I am serious that is how far being PC has affect the British courts. Also in case you haven't noticed Longy4eva is from the UK.

Uuuuh I'd have to totally disagree, religion has notdifference on their verdict at all, trust me.

Plus I've had enough of this view that muslims get away with things. I know plenty of muslims who have been stopped repeatedly by police for many reasons, from suspicious terrorists, must search car to suspicious burglars, and they get fed up with getting stopped for no reason all the time, infact some have become like buddies with the cops after a while due to being stopped so many times and having a chat lol.

Also the same rules apply, if they don't pay for the bus ticket for example, they get fined like £150, nobody gets away with something because of their religion, if they did then a lot of people are not doing their job.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

I am from london too, and I get the feeling that a lot of people outside the uk base all their views on news reports, which of course give an unreal view of this country, because it mostly focuses on the negative and likes to exaggerate.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I tend to agree. The nature of UK news propaganda can be incredibly confusing to foreigners, since it works on a far more insidious and multi-layered basis than outlets like FOX news. This is necessary as, like I say, the British are incredibly cynical and observant as a nation and are NOT fooled by flashy banners and corny slogans.

Americans, particularly, feed on the notion that the UK is like something out of 'V for Vendetta'. To be honest, I found JFK airport incredibly intimidating and Orwellian last time I visited. Nevertheless I don't presume to know everything about life in the US as some US posters here do about Britain.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

Did I state where I come from? I am sure that I did not. Besides I take an interest in matters from all over the world and I pay a lot of attention to what happens in the UK. I stand by what I said about race and religion affect court verdicts. At what point was I spouting drivel. Also much as Dohbama was taking things too far I can see where he might be coming from in regards to Sharia law. There has been more than one case of British Muslims carrying out Sharia law upon their family or neighbourhood. Not only that I distinctly remember there being an event when a government official was told he wasn't allowed into a neighbourhood in London by the locals because he wasn't a Muslim.

BTW go ahead with the Black Adder quotes I have watched them all at one point or another.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for backing me up here guys. I didn't really want to get too involved in this, because it's a very delicate affair, it's so easy to be labelled racist when something religious crops up that you don't believe in. I'm stating here now that i'm not, but here goes.

British schools drop holocaust subject to appease Muslims

Sharia Law legally binding in UK

Muslim terror suspects given state benefits

These were a few stories i remembered seeing on the tv and papers. If this doesn't look like favouritism in the uk i don't know what is. Sorry I had to drag these up, but i felt I had to back my statement up.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva

These were a few stories i remembered seeing on the tv and papers. If this doesn't look like favouritism in the uk i don't know what is.

Maybe you should actually read the entirety of those *Daily Mail* articles.

At no point is there EVER contested the notion that Sharia Law would hold legal precedence before that of the State. As the article states, BethDin courts have been operated under these auspices for a century. Local common law courts of this nature are part and parcel of British Law and totally by-the-book. There is NO indication that British people, Muslim or otherwise, are to be bound by this law over British Law. This is TYPICAL Daily Mail scaremongering designed to sucker in the kind of middle-england country village idiot who actually reads their drivel.

"These terror suspects haven't been convicted of anything but they are being monitored as a precaution."

So you think people UNDER SUSPICION of a crime should be denied the rights of other citizens? I don't like every aspect of the benefits system either, but this seems perfectly fair.

As for the holocaust being dropped in schools; like I say, these are NOT instances of British legislation gone awry, these are isolated incidents enacted by fools and incompetents using their authority and position to interpret their own feeble and paranoid version of political correctness and social decency. This is not a government initiative, this is not an issue worth dwelling on.

reply to post by FMLuder

Did I state where I come from? I am sure that I did not.

BTW go ahead with the Black Adder quotes I have watched them all at one point or another.

-Cauch1

It was pretty damned obvious you weren't a Brit lol. And the Blackadder joke was "so your uncle's a lawyer..." "yes" "... but you're not" from 'Corporal Punishment'.

Besides I take an interest in matters from all over the world and I pay a lot of attention to what happens in the UK. I stand by what I said about race and religion affect court verdicts. At what point was I spouting drivel.
-Cauch1

How? By reading articles you find on the internet?!?! Evidently the scrutinous and cynical eye of Socratic scholarship is something that didn't make it across the sea. I take an active role in British politics and law every day of my life, and if you need to be told why you were 'spouting drivel', then you should not be discussing British issues. You have not provided for me ONE instance where Crown Prosecution has acted 'in favour' of someone as a result of their religious creed. Your argument is based on speculation and hearsay. (I'm sure) you have NO legal background, and you don't have the foggiest idea what life in the UK is like.

How can you possibly presume to argue your case?

The idea of 'Londonistan' and a huge Muslim movement in Britain is foolish. No matter what the Daily Mail might assert (it dismays me that so many articles quoted here are from that rag) the Muslim population of the UK is a tiny minority, and there is no solid evidence to suggest that they are in any way a threat. This is precisely what the NWO wants you to believe, that Muslims are all aggressive terrorist nuts subverting your way of life. They are the scapegoat for the Orwellian society you so dread.

I abhor the Islamic faith and its practices, but I will not indulge this folly. I am utterly dismayed at the "British" Government; but nothing enrages me more than to see the hard work, scrutiny and efforts of people like myself undermined by poor scholarship and paranoid idiocy. People like those on this thread discredit those of us who put time and hard scholarly effort into discrediting the corrupt system in Britain and fighting for the freedom and liberty of the British people.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good for him! He's living up to his convictions and look the intolerance among a lot of the ATS "freedom fighters". :->

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

And why are you replying to me by telling me that?
I've already posted that I know that and dont agree with what hes doing, Ive said it like 3 times already, Im just sick of people saying hes forcing his religion on westerners like he owns the place.

jfj123
how is that insulting you? I called you on being ignorant because you're obviously ignoring what DohBama is saying. He calls us infidels and talks about how Allah justifies...whatever because he is trying to show you how a different point of view goes. I dont know how much more clear I could be. Read the websites he posts they are very against Islam, like he is, if YOUD read between the lines.
And ever heard the phrase, 'I dont agree with what you say, but I would defend to the death your right to say it"? Thats along my lines. Just because you defend someone doesnt mean you agree.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I've spent a good part of my adult life in Britain but don't like the direction it's going.

Maybe overreaction based on news reports but a lot of ugly things also under-reported.

One I recall being told about was how Muslim females on surgical teams were unwilling to bare their arms in pre-operation scrubs. So risking the lives of patients with potential infection is more important than compromising their modesty? That it was even an issue tells much.

I have been told first hand about the growing academic pressure movement to disconnect communication from Israeli scholars for political reasons and a show of sympathy for Muslims.

When education and knowledge exchanges are willingly sacrificed there is something troubling.

Over centuries Britain developed the most advanced legislated system of respect, tolerance and consideration for the rights of all. It revolutionized the world.

A shame to see it slowly eroded by those immigrating who refuse to compromise their regional and religious customs. This adversarial approach negates the spirit of progress and co-operation.

More lies under the surface of these examples, I'm afraid.

Mike

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Longy4eva

The first two of those are scaremongering hoaxes and are not true

The last one is a quirk in the law/legal loophole that the current British government has said it is actively seeking to address, and that the conservatives have said they will remove should they come to power.

Hope that clears it up. I'm heartily sick of seeing what is basically racist propaganda and untruths appearing in this thread.

[edit on 11/5/09 by neformore]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join